• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Batch Png to Fsh tool

Started by null45, June 05, 2009, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

I was pointing out the 50% thing because perhaps that it was an oversight.  This program was one of the first on my computer to actually use 100%, so that made me happy that I had installed all my drivers correctly.

Thanks for the update.  Everything went well the first run.  I accidentally processed the mips, so no good for a terrain texture, we will see as I go.

Edit: Is there a Batch Fsh to Png tool out there?

Hmm, actually, something to note about the progress bar:  Seems that it takes into account the time it takes to save the file.  At "processing image 168 of 168" I was a little passed 50% of the bar.  However, "processing image 168 of 168" never went away. I guess this is because "saving" is one large function, so it is "not-done" and then "done" faster than I can see the progress bar change. 

I don't know.  I like that this program is small, and don't want to clutter it up too much.  Perhaps the processing could take up the whole 100% of the progress bar, and then "saving" could be displayed where the "ready" is?  At this point I am feeling like I am just telling you to do things...  My only hope is that you are a programmer by trade, and these ideas help you in ways other than SC4.   

null45

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 24, 2011, 08:50:45 AM
Hmm, actually, something to note about the progress bar:  Seems that it takes into account the time it takes to save the file.  At "processing image 168 of 168" I was a little passed 50% of the bar.  However, "processing image 168 of 168" never went away. I guess this is because "saving" is one large function, so it is "not-done" and then "done" faster than I can see the progress bar change. 

That was something I overlooked, the saving is now done in the background so the progress bar is updated correctly.
Strangely the "Building Dat" step of the "Save Dat" function using 16 files runs too fast for the progress bar to even register and the status text
only appears for the last file.  ::)

File version updated to 1.5.0.3.

Lowkee33

QuoteStrangely the "Building Dat" step of the "Save Dat" function using 16 files runs too fast for the progress bar to even register and the status text only appears for the last file.

With 168 700kb files I can see the bar move through the "Building Dat" step, although it is still very fast.  The last file does stay for longer than the rest though.  Perhaps that is the whole file saving?  The time it takes to save the whole file in Reader is about the same amount of time that "Building 168 of 168" is displayed.  (I am using instance 0xE0, which happens to be an unused cliff texture, so I must make the zooms for it).

Another round of applause here.  &apls  Not once has this program had any trouble.

Tarkus

The latest version has been working wonders for me as well, and I absolutely love having the status bars.  I've imported literally thousands of RHW textures as part of the V5-Spec revamp, and it's worked like a charm.  Took me only about 15 minutes and the process was basically automatic.  It would have probably taken me a few weeks just to import stuff had it not been for this tool. :thumbsup:

-Alex

null45

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 28, 2011, 05:19:19 PM
With 168 700kb files I can see the bar move through the "Building Dat" step, although it is still very fast.  The last file does stay for longer than the rest though.  Perhaps that is the whole file saving?  The time it takes to save the whole file in Reader is about the same amount of time that "Building 168 of 168" is displayed.  (I am using instance 0xE0, which happens to be an unused cliff texture, so I must make the zooms for it).

Another round of applause here.  &apls  Not once has this program had any trouble.

That would be the whole file saving, the status text should now display "Saving Dat" when the dat is being saved.

File version updated to 1.5.0.4:)

Lowkee33

Hi,  :)

Now I have troubles.

This has happened a couple times, but now that there are many other textures to import, I have time to post.  ::)  most of the time this can be fixed by changing the image ever so slightly.  To me, it's really not a big deal that it happens, it's just that it would be nice to know which image caused this.

null45

This is a problem with the Qfs compression, what is happening is the image fails to compress for some reason and it crashes when it runs out of space.

I have added more error checking to the compression function that should hopefully solve that issue, the file version of FshDatIO.dll has been updated to 1.2.0.3:thumbsup:

null45

The processing status is now shown in the Windows 7 taskbar, JumpList support added for folders dropped onto the list and a few other bugs fixed.

Also refactored to potentially allow for translation.

File version updated to 1.5.0.5;)

null45

Fixed a bug in the JumpList argument handling, File version updated to 1.5.0.6.

null45

The images in the list can now be added into an existing dat, replacing any existing files with the same TGI ids.
A few bugs in the dat saving fixed, File version updated to 1.5.0.7:)

null45

HD files of any size can now be saved, file version updated to 1.5.0.8.

Lowkee33

Hi.  I just upgraded to the most recent version and am having some troubles.  Batch Png to Fsh keeps making empty Dats with my 1024x1024 textures.  At first the problem seemed to be that the names of the files were out of the InstRange, but that isn't the case.  A 128x128 texture that has "automatically process mips" is skipping the "0" zoom texture.

Hmm, My guess is that it has to do with the merging capability.  A randomly named 128x128 texture was saved without the "0" zoom.  I processed it again, and got all 5 made.  Then I processed the 1024x1024 (with a specific name) and it was added to the dat correctly.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like the merging.  I think that DatPacker already does a good job at merging files.  I see the convenience though.

null45

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 27, 2012, 03:17:39 PM
Hi.  I just upgraded to the most recent version and am having some troubles.  Batch Png to Fsh keeps making empty Dats with my 1024x1024 textures.  At first the problem seemed to be that the names of the files were out of the InstRange, but that isn't the case.  A 128x128 texture that has "automatically process mips" is skipping the "0" zoom texture.

Hmm, My guess is that it has to do with the merging capability.  A randomly named 128x128 texture was saved without the "0" zoom.  I processed it again, and got all 5 made.  Then I processed the 1024x1024 (with a specific name) and it was added to the dat correctly.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like the merging.  I think that DatPacker already does a good job at merging files.  I see the convenience though.

The dat saving and command line processing are now fixed, file version updated to 1.5.0.9.  ;)

null45

Added support for creating files with embedded mipmaps, file version updated to 1.5.1.0.

NCGAIO

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
:thumbsup: Great as always ... thanks!

Tarkus

For some reason, with the new version, the alpha transparency seems to not be working for me on Zooms 4 and lower, regardless of whether PNG transparency or separate Alpha maps are used.

-Alex

null45

Quote from: Tarkus on May 29, 2012, 09:25:49 AM
For some reason, with the new version, the alpha transparency seems to not be working for me on Zooms 4 and lower, regardless of whether PNG transparency or separate Alpha maps are used.

-Alex

That is now fixed, file version updated to 1.5.1.1:thumbsup:

Rayden

I tried today this little tool but I'm having some problems. Every time I try to batch a file or a group of files, it gave me this message "Index was outside the bounds of the array". Any clues why? The texture is 128x128, png saved with photoshop. I'm attaching one of the textures. If I use SC4Tool (Texture creator) it works, but I have a large number to process and this tool it's the right one for that job, if I only could make it to work.

null45

Quote from: Rayden on April 04, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
I tried today this little tool but I'm having some problems. Every time I try to batch a file or a group of files, it gave me this message "Index was outside the bounds of the array". Any clues why? The texture is 128x128, png saved with photoshop. I'm attaching one of the textures. If I use SC4Tool (Texture creator) it works, but I have a large number to process and this tool it's the right one for that job, if I only could make it to work.

That message usually appears if an image fails to compress, although it could be something else.

Is there any additional text after the message?

Rayden

Quote from: null45 on April 04, 2013, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: Rayden on April 04, 2013, 04:32:49 PM

That message usually appears if an image fails to compress, although it could be something else.

Is there any additional text after the message?

No, just that. I also tried your other tool Multifsh and it gave me the same error, but I remember it show some more info. I'm not home now but I'll try to get that info later. Anyway, if you could just test that texture yourself, you may get that info as well. Thx for your help.