• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

The RHW Project has now 165 pages!!! :party:
@Jan: Nice models!
@Tarkus: Was it your Birthday then? I hope I'm not to late to congratulate you  ;)

And nice work on the 90 degree curve  :thumbsup:! That can be usefull for tight parclo's.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

thundercrack83

Looking good, Jan! The curves on those barriers look simply incredible!

Keep up the great work!

Dustin

Pat

Jan you are a true master road artist!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

cape44

Hi tarkus,
Happy Birthday!  :thumbsup:

Concerning the RHW project: Awesome Work here!  &idea !  It's just amazing all the things that we'll can build in the next future...
i'm keeping an eye on it  :D hehe...

My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Back with a new RHW-4/MIS ramp interface piece.  One a few of you have been requesting for some time now . . .

Inching ever closer . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

remanh

Looking great!  Could you just take out the pavement textures for that ramp?  It looks too much like a blob.

BTW-Happy belated birthday, Tarkus!

zakuten

A quick question; is there still RHW-2 and at-grade RHW4 intersections support?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Tarkus

Quote from: zakuten on October 17, 2008, 02:39:45 PM
A quick question; is there still RHW-2 and at-grade RHW4 intersections support?

Of course.  We're not taking it out. ;)  I've managed to work it out so that both the overpasses and the at-grades are possible through some rather clever RULing.  The at-grade functionality (and the RHW-2 functionality) will continue to be expanded in future versions as well.

-Alex (Tarkus)

zakuten

Ah, whew. As far as missing functionalities, the only ones I note is a RHW4-avenue, but I suppose that's just nitpicky as you can convert the RHW4 to an avenue for the intersection, but the other one is one-ways. They seem to not be able to even touch the RHW4. But, glad to hear it! :D
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Patricius Maximus

The new ramps are awesome! That'll be great for sloped interchanges.

Just remove the excessive pavement, and it'll be perfect.

- Patricius Maximus

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

darraghf

Wow.

I haven't really been following this thread, but last night i went through the last 50 pages and I have to say that I Can't wait for v21 of the  RHW!

Great Great Work! &apls :thumbsup: $%Grinno$%
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

nerdly_dood

Not bad - this new ramp style will be very useful, not only for sloped interchanges... My only problem with it is, like most people's, the extra pavement between the ramp and the highway.

Regarding at-grade intersections: My preference would be to allow for at-grade intersections on at least orthagonal RHW-6S and 6C in addition to RHW-2 and 4 - diagonal would probably be more tricky to work in, so it's not really necessary, but any additional at-grade functionality would be appreciated. (Interstate 395 ends in Washington, DC with an at-grade intersection - very unsual)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 18, 2008, 01:42:05 PM
Regarding at-grade intersections: My preference would be to allow for at-grade intersections on at least orthagonal RHW-6S and 6C in addition to RHW-2 and 4 - diagonal would probably be more tricky to work in, so it's not really necessary, but any additional at-grade functionality would be appreciated. (Interstate 395 ends in Washington, DC with an at-grade intersection - very unsual)

Well, with the RHW-6s, the NWM will provide a solution, more than likely, with the AVE-6/TLA-7. 

And I'll be removing the extra pavement on the "Wide" Ramp Style A for the final version.  It'll probably be one of the last things fixed before release, though.

And a new teaser pic here . . . no new pieces, but this will give you an idea of what you'll be able to do when you finally get to play with it . . .

(And just for Haljackey and Patricius, I made sure there was no weaving. ;))

More in a little while.  We're getting closer still.

-Alex (Tarkus)

un1

You could sell that picture for a lot of money.  $%Grinno$%

Amazing Tarkus! I can't wait to see more . . .

-un1

metarvo

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 18, 2008, 01:42:05 PM

Personally, I would prefer for the RHW-2 and RHW-4 to have diagonal at-grades, at latest by V22.  :)  Of course, I've found some workarounds of my own for that, but that's another story.

The RHW-6 overpasses do look good, Alex! :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

nerdly_dood

O_O Good lord, tarkus, you HAVE been working on this! Jeez... ???

Excellent update!

Quote from: Tarkus on October 18, 2008, 03:11:33 PM(And just for Haljackey and Patricius, I made sure there was no weaving. ;))
For some reason, traffic engineers around here have a strange affinity for adding as much weaving as they can... particularly where one must cross 4 lanes of traffic in a space of about 80 feet (lengthwise) after entering Orange Avenue from I-581 southbound in order to turn left at a nearby intersection.

Quote from: Tarkus on October 18, 2008, 03:11:33 PMWell, with the RHW-6s, the NWM will provide a solution, more than likely, with the AVE-6/TLA-7.
I haven't given much thought about the NWM, since there haven't been updates in quite a while. What you might want to do is to release the NWM one network at a time with full functionality with all networks available at the time of each release - for example, the TLA-5 could be released first with full compatibility with all other networks that we're all familiar with using, then finish the MAVE-4 and release it with compatibility for all networks plus TLA-5, then work on the OWR-3 and release it with compatibility for MAVE-4 and TLA-5, and so on, instead of releasing the NWM as a partially-compatible mix of everything with functionality updates released as they are finished.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Andreas

Andreas