• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LotConfigPropertyFamily

Started by Sorengaard, July 12, 2010, 06:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

Hi, I have a technical question that may be over my head.  But here goes.  In the SC4PIM there is a line under the Lots Category called "LotConfigPropertyFamily".  And I was wondering what it meant.  I have a number of duplicate files that have the same name and a clone remover identifies as the same but one file is twice as large as the other.  The only difference I can find between the two files is that the larger of the two has "LotConfigPropertyFamily".  So I was wondering what it meant to help decide what to do with the duplicate files.  Thanks.  Steve

Lowkee33

Basically, the LotConfigPropertyFamily property identifies the prop/model as being part of a family :)

While Lotting, one would place this family of props/models on to the lot.  When the building grows in-game, SC4 randomly picks one of these prop/models from the family as to be what we see.  Examples would be different colored houses, and different types of trees.

From your other posts it seems like you have a lot of plugins.  Many .sc4model and .sc4desc files have been put into mega prop packs so that families are together.  The choosing of Family binary masks (? I am learning, I think), ex. 0x12345678, is something that SC4D oversees so that we dont overwrite each other.  But that is a little over my head too.

Best bet for you, look at who made your .sc4model files and see if they have a MegaProp Pack up.  Or just stick with the large.  Check these files out one at a time with PIMX and you will see exactly what models are in them.  You may want neither :)

Good Luck

Sorengaard

Thanks for the response.  You snuck it in there without me seeing it.  Thanks again.  Steve