• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Quote from: ivo_su on October 12, 2010, 05:32:46 AM
we could you show me with texture whit median like AVE-4 but to be put on AVE-6, 8 or more
In future versions of NWM there'll be AVE6 and 8 ;) (which, of course, have medians)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

Quote from: io_bg on October 12, 2010, 05:46:26 AM
In future versions of NWM there'll be AVE6 and 8 ;) (which, of course, have medians)
I hope you're right, in its opinion
although they do not know where you are so confident in your words my friend
()what()

io_bg

Well, all AVEs are just like the Maxis ones (aka AVE4) except that they have more (or less) lines. ::)

ivo_su

Quote from: io_bg on October 12, 2010, 06:27:14 AM
Well, all AVEs are just like the Maxis ones (aka AVE4) except that they have more (or less) lines. ::)
where are you so sure that
and almost as easy to transfer median from AVE-4
a wider variety of AVE

io_bg

Like I said, all AVEs have medians. I guess you were confused with MAVE, which means Medianless AVEnue. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of transitions for the future AVEs and MAVEs. When Alex and the rest of the team have anything interesting done, they'll show us pictures.
Now, I guess, we should put an end to our little chat in this thread :)

canyonjumper

Quote from: io_bg on October 12, 2010, 04:30:45 AM
Jordan, nice work on the textures, but I don't really see the point of having so wide avenues ()what()

The first couple were just me fooling around, Though nowhere close to what marsh was doing :P
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tarkus

Since there seems to be a little confusion about "AVE-10", let me attempt to put my initial quote back in its original context:

The TuLEP designs on the docket for the OWR-5 will also allow it to function similar to an quadruple-tile AVE-10.

In other words, there will be no true "AVE-10"--you'll be able to build something similar with twinned OWR-5s and TuLEPs, however.  The AVE-8 is the cutoff point.

And yes, I instantly was reminded of my old RHW-26 gag from a few years back upon seeing some of the creations here. :D

-Alex

ivo_su

Quote from: Tarkus on October 12, 2010, 07:49:38 AM
Since there seems to be a little confusion about "AVE-10", let me attempt to put my initial quote back in its original context:

In other words, there will be no true "AVE-10"--you'll be able to build something similar with twinned OWR-5s and TuLEPs, however.  The AVE-8 is the cutoff point.

And yes, I instantly was reminded of my old RHW-26 gag from a few years back upon seeing some of the creations here. :D

-Alex
Alex, you and I rejoice with the new release of NVM and TULEPs before Christmas
I dream about this kind of network for many years

- Ivaylo

banditp61

Si in the future, will there be light rail within OWR, TLA or any other road system?

Ryan B.

Light rail in the center turn lane of a TLA would make that center turn lane a true 'suicide lane'.

WC_EEND

Quote from: Ryan B. on October 12, 2010, 10:56:29 AM
Light rail in the center turn lane of a TLA would make that center turn lane a true 'suicide lane'.

hmm, these so-called "suicide lanes" are actually quite common over here
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MandelSoft

Really? Can you post a pic? I've actually never seen a real European-TLA...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on October 12, 2010, 07:49:38 AM

-Alex

Uhh,... Remember how I said that someone said that this was a second RHW?

Let me point out that I misinterpreted one of your replies, Tarkus... (Stupid me...) But on a comparative note,... Saying that an AVE 10 would be composed of a twin OWR-5 has some semblance to how RHW-10 is set; There's no RHW-10c, but there is RHW-8s and 8c, and the NWM equivalent of that, for example, would be twin OWR-4's and an actual AVE-8. (I'm just saying...)

Oh,... Someone's been talking about TRAM integration into the NWM...? (Bandtip61, I believe...) In my opinion, TRAM integration would have to be exclusive for only AVE and MAVE networks (And maybe some ARD-based networks), and putting tracks on a TLA would truly be suicide; For the AVE, tracks are in the actual median (Think of the AVE-GLR pieces), and for the MAVE, the tracks would have to be shared with the inner lanes (Tram in Road would technically be TRAM AVE-2, and the Tram on road would be something for the nMAVE, but Tarkus said the textures weren't the right size; What were you doing with that, Tark, combine TRAM on Road with nMAVE?!!).

Discussing NWM-TRAM integration would ideally have to be done on either the TRAM network's dedicated thread or on a completely separate thread...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nexis4Jersey

Can we get something like this , a one way street with Light Rail....

j-dub

I wonder, if it better you get attention from the T-RAMmer's, since that is their specialty, and original OWR is a default network, but I don't see why not another addition, since avenue, road, and eventually streets all got treated with light rail traffic at some point. However, I don't know if such can be done to look exactly like that.

As for the suicide lanes, I thought San Fran had something where turn lanes and the tram or trolley line was in fact shared. Compared to Nexis4Jersey's photo, it does not seem as different, it looks like there is not much room from the parked cars, and rail to have a lane in between, and you actually have to drive on the rail. If you ever saw that movie Inception, that would be prime example of that type of suicide lanes when the US used to have heavy rails like that down some roads, except there would be forewarning and the bell ringing.

ivo_su

I do not know why so many commented tram mode and its variations. For me it is anachronistic that worked in the early 20th century but today suzdava much more congested than to relieve traffic. At least here in Sofia is. Most major cities in Europe and the U.S. have removed the tram lines and solved the problem with traffic thanks to the subway. Examples of this may be New York, London and Paris.
So in this line of thought why not get some work on the subway system. Here in Sofia metro Circular are 2 types. The first is a pipe with a rail in the station where it is placed between the 2 tubes and thus a common platform for both directions which is much more convenient. The second type is a tube with 2 rails and 2 platforms for each direction. In the sim has only one kind of unfortunately.
It would be very interesting if it were made so that the subway tunnels are of varying depths as anywhere. This will avoid those silly crossings of metro lines where they were not anywhere in the world. Everywhere the lines passed one below the other and not intersect. Let me please you and your opinion. And as long as these trams. There are many other guidelines which may improve the game.

Blue Lightning

Subways are mostly out of scope for the NAM Team, seeing as we can't really do much of anything with them. Their behavior is for the most part, exe locked, and weird things happen when we try stuff.

Though on the note of above ground light rail, many places in the US are turning to it as a solution. I know some Atlantic, Midwest, and Pacific cities have or are building LRT systems.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

Quote from: Blue Lightning on October 13, 2010, 01:48:25 PM
Subways are mostly out of scope for the NAM Team, seeing as we can't really do much of anything with them. Their behavior is for the most part, exe locked, and weird things happen when we try stuff.

Though on the note of above ground light rail, many places in the US are turning to it as a solution. I know some Atlantic, Midwest, and Pacific cities have or are building LRT systems.
I want EA to fail so that we can change exe file as you want. It is not fair so stop development of the game with their copyrights. Sim City 4 years is what makes us so much hassle. When will allow us to change exe

MandelSoft

^^ Wow! Now you're really pushing! &mmm Demanding a company to fail is to me a quite offensive statement. And failure of such a big company as EA is unlikely to happen. Also, there are some signs that there may be ways to mod the source code after all (by DLL-files and such), but I don't know much details.

Anyway, be more careful with what you wish next time. Some people might not like your statements...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

^^ I apologize if I touched him with their comments but I really want to be able to change many things in Sim City. There are many others thoughtless game which, thanks to people like you slowly eliminated and must still be allowed access EXE to the game

- Ivaylo