• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Someone you thought about the possibility to make splitters to connect the NWM with RHW. Is more than clear that future verisii of NWM 2.0 and RHW 4.2 this can not happen but maybe in the future. Variants are an awful lot but to be more specific would give an example MAVE6/RHW-C6 splitter or something like them. In MAXIS highways is able to bind to OWR-2 I guess you can do something similar to OWR-3 to RHW-6 and 8.

I always wondered what happened  to projects in the field  of FAR. Made from pieces of streets and roads have pretty good variety but never appeared pieces OWR-2 and AVE-4

-Ivo

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on April 19, 2011, 03:15:52 PM
Someone you thought about the possibility to make splitters to connect the NWM with RHW. Is more than clear that future verisii of NWM 2.0 and RHW 4.2 this can not happen but maybe in the future. Variants are an awful lot but to be more specific would give an example MAVE6/RHW-C6 splitter or something like them. In MAXIS highways is able to bind to OWR-2 I guess you can do something similar to OWR-3 to RHW-6 and 8.

NWM/RHW transitions will happen at some point--not sure when, and it'll probably be a gradual process.  I know there's a lot of demand there.

Quote from: ivo_su on April 19, 2011, 03:15:52 PM
I always wondered what happened  to projects in the field  of FAR. Made from pieces of streets and roads have pretty good variety but never appeared pieces OWR-2 and AVE-4

FAR's pretty much a zero-man project right now. 

-Alex

itsacoaster

I just wanted to say how excited I am to hear that the AVE-6 and TLA-7 will be in the next NAM.  I have plenty of roads that could use another pair of lanes.

I was reading along with the discussion, and I also wanted to say that there's a TLA-5 on the northeast side of my hometown which has a speed limit of 60mph.  It sounds sorta crazy but it works.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tarkus on April 19, 2011, 04:40:42 PM

FAR's pretty much a zero-man project right now. 

I guess you could say . . . . . development information on that project is FAR out right now.

:D

Gringamuyloca

:D not that my .02 (sheesh.. it must be close to a 100 by now) is worth anything... %BUd%

a gentle reminder...
...everything that you have access to is because someone was willing to share their RL skills, knowledge and time with a very appreciative audience.

It is very easy to ask for more...  and I acknowledge how easy it is to take for granted that a request can be implemented...

Bottom line... The number of people contributing vs the # of people wanting more... please say thanks for all that we have... before more is asked for... unless you are willing to contribute...  :thumbsup:

Hats are off to all those who share.... and THANK YOU for the bandwidth!!!!  &bis& &bis& &bis&

tarkus... sorry for going off topic..  :sunny:

Tamara

Simcitler

Hi there!

It seems that there is missing the AVE2 vs. street intersection texture.

Is this a problem with my plugin, or can somebody reproduce this problem?

MandelSoft

I have reproduced this problem, so it's not you, but a missing intersection in the NWM.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

It's an intersection that was enabled, but never implemented. It should be in the next NWM.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Ramona Brie

Quote from: jdenm8 on April 21, 2011, 05:26:59 AM
It's an intersection that was enabled, but never implemented. It should be in the next NWM.

The same is true when the ending road is a TLA-3 or an ARD-3, and those will be in the next NWM as well.

Wiimeiser

This also happens with normal roads if the street texture is Herringbone, though unlike these cases that one still functions.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 23, 2011, 06:45:04 PM
This also happens with normal roads if the street texture is Herringbone, though unlike these cases that one still functions.

No, that was a mistake in the initial distribution of the SAM and a patch was released, but it was buried long ago in the SAM support thread. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: I compiled a list here a while ago, you can probably find a link in this list:
http://www.csgdesign.com.au/CSGf/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=751#p8969

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

This concerns the Sticky Post:

The user ErwinNegentig, the person who created the NWM video tutorial and all the other NAM tutorials, got banned again, so now the NWM Tutorial Video is once again unavailable. At this point, I highly doubt that he would ever return.

If anyone has a copy of that video, like how Haljackey had a copy of the HSR tutorial, it would be nice to make it available again (But I would recommend AudioSwap, just in case). Otherwise, consider this a challenge to any NAMite or any other NAM worshipper: Create a new NWM Tutorial.

As of other FA networks,... Well,... ::)

Paths and textures are easy to make. Making the puzzle piece that uses them? For me, not so much. I made this in my spare time; It's just a "supercell" of textures. I would personally do the same for all the other networks, to see if anyone else would carry on the idea.

An FA-AVE4 piece would be like this FA-TLA5 piece, but with different textures and a few pathing differences.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

j-dub

I guess you make a very valid point. I certainly don't want to know the hard way what it takes to get banned from YT, otherwise I was not aware that happened again. I can't remember how many tutorials were by Erwin.

Speaking of which, I have a story to tell you, at least it applies to me.
http://www.youtube.com/v/B9qD1ixxNPQ

I don't know what is worse, the fact that I lost hours and sleep working on something that broke my operating system because something big broke up in windows movie maker, the fact that I can not safely go on the internet in safemode, because safemode starts with my internet drive disabled, the fact I am prevented from doing SimCity, :( Believe me if I could of gotten video to properly work I would of uploaded a video of that to YT instead of Family Guy making fun of me. By the time I uploaded the NWM video I made to YT, it was only black screen, however whatever broke on my pc, its hours of my life I will never get back. None of this would of happened had YT not locked up the existing SimCity videos Erwin did.

Shadow Assassin

QuotePaths and textures are easy to make. Making the puzzle piece that uses them? For me, not so much. I made this in my spare time; It's just a "supercell" of textures. I would personally do the same for all the other networks, to see if anyone else would carry on the idea.

There's the FARHW stuff that can be used as a base to work from.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Quote from: j-dub on April 27, 2011, 02:21:12 PM
I don't know what is worse, the fact that I lost hours and sleep working on something that broke my operating system because something big broke up in windows movie maker, the fact that I can not safely go on the internet in safemode, because safemode starts with my internet drive disabled, the fact I am prevented from doing SimCity, :( Believe me if I could of gotten video to properly work I would of uploaded a video of that to YT instead of Family Guy making fun of me. By the time I uploaded the NWM video I made to YT, it was only black screen, however whatever broke on my pc, its hours of my life I will never get back. None of this would of happened had YT not locked up the existing SimCity videos Erwin did.
Question: do you have Fraps installed? If so, uninstall the program and use an alternative camera (Hypercam for instance). Fraps destabilized my Windows Vista system, especially running Windows Movie Maker. After a dozen 'bootcrashes' (full system crash were after a BSOD the computer restarts) I had enough and did the above. Sincethen I have no problems.

I hope it helps...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

EDIT: it turned out somehow my system config settings had the safe mode radio box checked, I only found this out because I managed to find someone else archived who had that happen to them, everything is almost normal, except Windows fails to recognize Kaspersky/fails to recognize my system and start, it tries to start, but gets stuck. Waste of $ anyway, but I don't have time to muck around with that, and am going to see if SC4 will work again.

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on April 27, 2011, 01:46:14 PM
This concerns the Sticky Post:

The user ErwinNegentig, the person who created the NWM video tutorial and all the other NAM tutorials, got banned again, so now the NWM Tutorial Video is once again unavailable. At this point, I highly doubt that he would ever return.

If anyone has a copy of that video, like how Haljackey had a copy of the HSR tutorial, it would be nice to make it available again (But I would recommend AudioSwap, just in case). Otherwise, consider this a challenge to any NAMite or any other NAM worshipper: Create a new NWM Tutorial.

I'll get in contact with him to try and get the NWM tutorial video reinstated. I've had no problems with the HSR one, so it shouldn't take much luck to get this one working again.

I've never had a problem with Youtube, video capturing programs and the like, but I've heard some pretty awful stories regarding them, particularly from those who use it as a form of income (not passive income).

Anyways great progress here. Really like the ability to make FAR networks.

Wiimeiser

What the heck is Deveron? Sounds like a placeholder for YT accounts that aren't partners...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

rushman5

banditp61

In the new NWM will there be intersections for diagonals?