• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arl85

j-dub

Fortunately, the way to do that is drag no more then 4 tiles. 5 tiles, bip, bip, bip. Unfortunately, that takes more construction time.

Korot

Don't know if this has been posted here yet:

The center tile on the AVE-6 seems to be missing paths. Also had some 'wrong' paths on other T-ends on the AVE-6. The top of the tee doesn't seem to have intersection paths, while the others do, making a left turn impossible. Texture seems to be good though.

Regards,
Korot

Phlogiston

Hi, I would like to suggest a new transition, 4-lane Oneway road splitter to 2 side-by-side maxis one way road, so that we can have a split type avenue, half of it going on a flyover or underpass.
:)

Tarkus

That transition already exists in NWM 2.0.  However, it's not a puzzle piece, but a draggable setup.  Draw a dead-end OWR-4, then draw two dead end OWR-2s that end right where the OWR-4 ends.  It'll convert into a transition.

-Alex

Gringamuyloca

From the RHW thread:
Quote from: Tarkus on October 18, 2011, 11:05:11 AM
I'm almost wondering the MAVE designation should be done away with entirely.  Just use "Road".  The MAVEs (and ARD) are really just giant roads anyway.  The MAVE-4 and MAVE-6 would become RD-4 and RD-6.  Would cut down on all the confusion with people calling AVE-6 a MAVE-6 and vice-versa, too.

-Alex
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 18, 2011, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: Gringamuyloca on October 18, 2011, 11:37:39 AM
Yes :thumbsup:  Alex.

This makes good sense.  ;D

Then why don't we take it over to the NWM thread? "$Deal"$ That's NWM-related, after all...
@ GDO29Anagram - Consider it done.  ;)  :thumbsup:
Tamara

Aaron Graham

Great Job Guys, I would love to see road side parking, like next to stores and other stuff. it can be call the Urban Road Side Parking Mod. And if I want to make this mod what tool I will need to make this?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=40.746496,-73.977539&spn=0.002207,0.007328&t=m&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=40.746496,-73.977539&panoid=ahH72NeLRUPbUiad4Z29-w&cbp=12,345.73,,0,14.56
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Korot

I recall there being a mod doing that. Can't remember if it is a texture mod, using T21's, or part of the SAM, since I don't use that mod.

Regards,
Korot

Aaron Graham

I want it for roads that has more lanes like the early post I made with the link to google maps. I do not really use the SAM maybe I should, but I want to see parallel parking  and Diagonal Parking. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Korot

Ah yes, the mod I remember doesn't have that. That mod is the SFBT Street Tree Mod, which adds parking bays along side some roads and streets, depending on wealth level. Having not seen tree alongside my OWR-4's and AVE-6's (and the like), I don't think it works on those.  :P

There also is the JRJ Street Side Mod, which I haven't used myself, but considering it stems from 2007 and has not been updated since, I highly doubt it supports the NWM as well.  $%Grinno$%

Still, I like you idea, but I don't see merit in it becoming a functional network, or texture variation (like SAM). I, myself, see more merit in updating one of those Stree Mods to include the NWM networks, and thus have parking bays on some of them (those where they fit). But that's just my opinion.

Oh, BTW: has someone already found a fix to the bug I posted a couple of posts up? Have seen no reply about it...  :-\

Regards,
Korot

pimmapman

Would it be possible to make the amount of lanes more flexible on nwm networks? Something similar to the RHWS networks, where different sides of the highway can have different amounts of lanes.

vinlabsc3k

If you want to create an avenue with odd lanes use the oneway roads; example OWR-3 + OWR-2 or OWR-4 + OWR-5. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

Quote from: pimmapman on October 20, 2011, 01:22:35 AM
Would it be possible to make the amount of lanes more flexible on nwm networks? Something similar to the RHWS networks, where different sides of the highway can have different amounts of lanes.

You can do that already, using different starter pieces for the different halves (ie one side MAVE-4, one side MAVE-6) and the same thing will be possible with the same technique once AVE-8/TLA-9 are released, with AVE-6/TLA-7

Tarkus

Quote from: Korot on October 18, 2011, 01:11:07 PM
Oh, BTW: has someone already found a fix to the bug I posted a couple of posts up? Have seen no reply about it...  :-\

Attached below.  Did it a couple days ago but forgot to attach it.

Quote from: pimmapman on October 20, 2011, 01:22:35 AM

As noahclem mentioned, there already are some asymmetry options and there will be more as the mod expands.  It's a little trickier to do with the NWM compared to the RHW due to the fact that at-grade intersections are involved, which increases the complexity from the modding side.

-Alex

Korot

Thank you for fixing the bug!  &apls And I'm sorry to keep bugging you about it: but what about attaching it to the first post, and removing the old v1.0 patches? Makes finding it easier.  :thumbsup:

Regards,
Korot

Tarkus

You're most welcome.  I've merged it with the other NWM patch (that was released in the RHW thread, oddly enough, which fixed the so-called "Twyla bug") and attached it to the initial post.

When we get around to the "monolithic NAM" package with NAM Version 31, we've discussed converting NAM Essentials into a combined Controller update/bugfix package for between releases, which will better allow us to fix any Controller-related bug reports, so there won't be the attachment mess anymore.

-Alex

Synthael

I've been using NWM for some time now, and I noticed one "flaw"... Nothing big (hence the quotes), but on AVE-4/MAVE-6 intersection on certain zoom levels sidewalk/grass texture filing the tiles is missing so i get black patches. Missing texture in files or I'm just missing something on my comp?

Also, is there a way (either TuLEP or something else) to make T-intersections of AVE-4 and wider NMW networks so that the NWM network is ending in that intersection? Or the only way so far is to downgrade the ending network in AVE-4 as far as I know...

And.... Keep up the good work...  :thumbsup:

jdenm8

As for the bug, it's one that's persisted since NWM 1.0 and hasn't been fixed. I reported it a long time ago, but a fix never eventuated.

As for the T-Junction, just drag it. There aren't any TuLEPs as they would be outside the scope of the Basic TuLEPs set. I think all of the networks currently in are capable of that and I think AVE-8 and TLA-9 would be capable of it as well, just no TuLEPs allowed.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Synthael

Well, If I end, let's say AVE-6 in T-junction with AVE-4, first "row" will switch to correct pieces, but the other one will revert to regular road so I'll basically get 3 road/avenue pieces next to each other, not AVE-4/AVE-6 pieces...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/412/faultyone.jpg
(Xfire didn't want to show in Sim City for some reason so I had to use imageshack... ::) )

My guess is there isn't override (or pieces) meant for this, or I'm doing something terribly wrong  :D

ivo_su

Quote from: Synthael on October 26, 2011, 08:57:46 AM
Well, If I end, let's say AVE-6 in T-junction with AVE-4, first "row" will switch to correct pieces, but the other one will revert to regular road so I'll basically get 3 road/avenue pieces next to each other, not AVE-4/AVE-6 pieces...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/412/faultyone.jpg
(Xfire didn't want to show in Sim City for some reason so I had to use imageshack... ::) )

My guess is there isn't override (or pieces) meant for this, or I'm doing something terribly wrong  :D

Synthael  I am glad I could help you, since I also had a similar problem but I managed to find a solution.  Special T-junction between the AVE-6, with the AVE-4  is not possible but you  can use a little trick. Make a small area of ​​MAVE-6  which intersects the AVE-6 and thus obtain the desired T-junction.  Then connect MAVE-6 using a  secret weapon to the AVE-4 and everything works.

Best,
- Ivo