• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

This might even be for a similar reason to what causes them to instantly abandon if plopped. Right?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Whatever it is, R zones have always been the most particular in terms of developing.  I'd speculate with reasonable certainty that it's something to do with how the zoning system was accommodated in the executable.

Also, for those of you who have had the infamous Z-fighting issue with an nVidia card on the NWM Wealthified Puzzle Piece Transitions, you may want to check out this threadWthrwyz appears to have found a solution.

-Alex

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

gn_leugim

Will12

Nice. Have you got them all done yet. With the triple tilers could yo extend the pylons so they are on the footpath corners?

jdenm8

Actually, the plan was to only do the wider AVEs (AVE-6 is coded, but not Modelled or Pathed and the code for AVE-8 is in place) as that is a very long distance to go without a pylon.

Even with the pylons extended to the corners, it's still 40m or 130ft without a pylon. With the AVEs I can cut that down to 24m or 79ft but I don't have that safe harbour in the TLAs.

vinlabsc3k

@jdenm8: You can make a T21 arch for wider network!
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

lrb

I have a problem.

It looks like some textures are conflicting. I didn't check the paths, but I'm assuming it's the textures. If someone could get me a patch or lead me to one, then that would really be appreciated.

-lrb
Simtropolis: lrb2_
Steam       : lrb2_

apeguy

Are you using the draggable transitions? If so, I've had the same problem before, so instead I use the ploppable transitions as a simple alternative. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Tarkus

Quote from: lrb on February 05, 2012, 01:16:55 PM
I have a problem.
It looks like some textures are conflicting. I didn't check the paths, but I'm assuming it's the textures. If someone could get me a patch or lead me to one, then that would really be appreciated.

-lrb

I fairly certain I made a patch for that at some point--when it was initially reported a few months ago--but I'm not sure where it is.  I'll have to look.

Edit: It appears that for some reason, when the issue was first reported, I remarked that it would require repackaging the entire mod.  However, upon a further look, that doesn't appear to be necessary.  I've attached the 2.0.3 patch below, which includes everything from the previous patches (path fixes) merged into the .dat.  Just unzip to your Network Widening Mod folder.

-Alex

lrb

Simtropolis: lrb2_
Steam       : lrb2_

jdenm8

[/jk]

That is actually a mock-up, a cosmetic override of the AVE-6 intersection. Here you can see the massive distance issues that this network presents.

riiga

Hmm, isn't it "You must construct additional pylons!" ?

jondor

Quote from: riiga on February 06, 2012, 05:26:53 AM
Hmm, isn't it "You must construct additional pylons!" ?

I believe Aldaris would agree with you.  Though, a nice cantilever truss would probably do the job even better.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

jdenm8

I know, I know, but when I noticed the error (after saving and uploading the image) I couldn't be bothered re-cropping the original image. I have to err... use Paint now.

mike3775

Quote from: jdenm8 on February 06, 2012, 03:10:35 AM

[/jk]

That is actually a mock-up, a cosmetic override of the AVE-6 intersection. Here you can see the massive distance issues that this network presents.

The Crumbling of America comes to SimCity 4  :)

Grneyes

Quote from: mike3775 on February 06, 2012, 06:11:48 AM
Quote from: jdenm8 on February 06, 2012, 03:10:35 AM

[/jk]

The Crumbling of America comes to SimCity 4  :)

I found this inordinately funny...

TEG24601

Instead of additional pylons, why not a arch or other realistic feature to provide for the needed support. 

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on February 06, 2012, 01:08:10 PM
This doesn't look any better ::)

Of course, I'm not sure that there's not really much we can do there.  It's a draggable connection and we can't anticipate what the user will be doing on the other side.

-Alex