• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankmank

Love it 976, so colourful and vibrant.

kelis

Excellent work on your Asian city tankmank, I've always liked your style to create cities like this  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Gugu3

jmsepe

This is a downtown right? I am not sure though. Perhaps just a mini-city center. :)

Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

compdude787

Looks like a downtown to me--and a very great one at that! The close-up shot gives it a busy feeling, but you might want to get more traffic on your roads. Try going into the graphics settings and changing the number of cars/sims to High.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

jmsepe

I definitely will. I am having problems with this traffic things, it seems like the automata disappears immediately but I'll follow your suggestion. :)

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

sincitybaby

I am proud to present New Concord, the Crown Jewel of the Platte Republic

Here is a night shot of Downtown New Concord, a collection of glimmering highrises.

jmsepe

Nice downtown although I am not pretty much not a fan of super tall structures. :)

Death50

Good job guys, I like the downtowns that look more realistic myself, not a big cluster of tall buildings packed as tightly as possible. Some spaces in the middle of some of them either with smaller buildings, parks, parking lots, or something else. However; to each their own.

Here is my little share., I have trouble getting them post on here so I use links, sorry.

Map of Downtown:
http://s1.postimg.org/6q18vcepr/Los_Angeles_Surrounding_Areas_1408517689.png

Night shot of Downtown
http://s22.postimg.org/4brvsjysx/Las_Veragus_Sep_24_511408510473.png

It pleases me, not many desert cities out there. Inspired by Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Phoenix.

Death50

No one seems to really post anymore... what shame

joshua43214

Quote from: Death50 on August 20, 2014, 12:30:27 AM

Here is my little share., I have trouble getting them post on here so I use links, sorry.

Map of Downtown:
http://s1.postimg.org/6q18vcepr/Los_Angeles_Surrounding_Areas_1408517689.png

When you make a post, there is a set of buttons above the window you type into. The second from the right on the bottom row (looks to me like a weird set of binoculars, but it is supposed to look like a picture) will put direct link brackets into your post that looke like (img)(/img) with square brackets instead of round.
Just paste the link to where you host the image (eg PhotoBucket) in between and it will appear

Edit: forgot to mention I like the night shot :)

Durfsurn

My current project. This is the buisness district for a half built city with a projected population nearing 1 million sims. The northern third is Downtown, the middle third Midtown. The rest is out of view. I kinda messed up the timing with the fountains but they were put there as celebration of the 100th year of the city (I took the shot in the 100th SC4 year for this tile).

-Billy

Durfsurn

I think it is okay to double post here - been 3 days and its a different (well sort of) pic.

Follow up to my previous pic, here is Staunton Island in full. It is a big mosiac though so warning :P.

-Billy

Dantes

Nooooooooooooooo, I have a urban city!

Please visit my MD Totori

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Une_ame

A HK like CBD near to a Rio style beach !
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Dantes

Catalyst

Very beautiful Dantes! I espescially like the diagonal rail next to the canal in the first and the mmp river shoreline in the second picture  &apls

Simcoug

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy- they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made."
― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

The Roarin' 20s
(click for full size)

vortext

Great scene!  &apls

How did you manage to get only a few, old-timey cars on the streets? It really adds to the atmosphere!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana