• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packerfan386

Hey, is there anything in the works for a more modest (i.e. American) version of the new median barriers? like these

Swamper77

Quote from: packerfan386 on February 19, 2009, 10:37:39 PM
Hey, is there anything in the works for a more modest (i.e. American) version of the new median barriers? like these

The barriers on the RHW6C that come with the RHW mod are American and modeled to scale. I modeled and textured them myself. I'm not sure what you are asking for... ()what()

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

toxicpiano

I know there were comments about how SA was making a new euro RHW texture mod, does anyone know if is true?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

packerfan386

Quote from: Swamper77 on February 19, 2009, 11:55:12 PM
The barriers on the RHW6C that come with the RHW mod are American and modeled to scale. I modeled and textured them myself. I'm not sure what you are asking for... ()what()

-Swamper
My bad , I was talking about the median barrier lights. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.:-[
(is there any thing?)

Haljackey

Quote from: toxicpiano on February 20, 2009, 03:18:37 AM
I know there were comments about how SA was making a new euro RHW texture mod, does anyone know if is true?

Quote from: Tarkus on April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

12. What's the latest news on Shadow Assassin's Euro Set?

Shadow Assassin is working on a new version of the Euro Set--there is no apparent release date.  The existing SA RHW Euro Set is not fully compatible with the new RHW Version 3.0 release, due not only to the substantial number of new features added since the set was created, but also due to Instance ID changes designed to mitigate the "texture artifacting" bug that afflicted RHW Version 2.0.

Hope that answers your question.   :P

Best,
-Haljackey

LE0

I live in the twin cities, and i know right away the top pic is Hudson wisconsin side of St croix river and the middle pic is the 94 bridge in minneapolis. ;D

I dont know about 3rd pic

sorry for being off topic &ops
Leoland coming Spring 2009

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Swamper77

Quote from: packerfan386 on February 20, 2009, 07:10:30 AM
My bad , I was talking about the median barrier lights. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.:-[
(is there any thing?)

Okay, so you're looking for a mod that places street lights in the middle. There isn't a mod to do that yet. I could probably do it once I get some free time.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

LE0

Would it also be possible to do barriers and lights for the seperable RHW's, maybe a way so that when the game detects 2 RHW-10's dragged next to each other it gets median?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Tarkus

Quote from: LE0 on February 20, 2009, 12:40:53 PM
maybe a way so that when the game detects 2 RHW-10's dragged next to each other it gets median?

Technically possible, but it'd create some tremendous complications, so no.  The only feasible way to do it would be an all-or-nothing setup, really.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Haljackey

Quote from: LE0 on February 20, 2009, 12:40:53 PM
Would it also be possible to do barriers and lights for the seperable RHW's, maybe a way so that when the game detects 2 RHW-10's dragged next to each other it gets median?

Well if you include a median you can put your own barriers in.  Here's an example I made with a RHW-8 with a one tile median, including barriers and high mast lighting.

Anyways hope it helps.

Best,
-Haljackey

bob56

what about median puzzle pieces/draggable. Like on wider versions of RHW you drag the median separately. How about light post puzzle pieces, plop the light where you want it. This would be easier, since different light styles could be used, and special mods wouldn't be needed.

My two cents
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Tarkus

Quote from: bob56 on February 20, 2009, 01:36:13 PM
what about median puzzle pieces/draggable. Like on wider versions of RHW you drag the median separately. How about light post puzzle pieces, plop the light where you want it. This would be easier, since different light styles could be used, and special mods wouldn't be needed.

My two cents

Interesting idea, but since it wouldn't add any additional transit functionality and things are finite on that end, I'm not sure it's really that feasible.

I think the best option, really, for those interested in barriers, is a straightforward T21 mod.  A lot of times, they'll stick them on wider ones whether or not there's non-paved ground between them or not.

-Alex (Tarkus)

redraider147

well in some cities median barriers are used even when the highway is separated in the middle (EX Dallas/Fort Worth)

j-dub

Bob56, don't know if you know already, someone did try making this type of thing where only the rural T21 lights out of the entire set of all wealth lights were made to plop next to the RHW, good concept for space filling, and going through a menu to see what your doing beforehand but it really, really made another menu a lot longer to get through, between the amount of space and wait time I have to get through all the signs, lights, traffic generators, water, and park stuff, I don't know if I recommend it. Bob does make a point that traffic stuff needs to be improved so it does not invade other menus. The proposed SPM could be considered for that type of an idea, but we'll see.

Blue Lightning

On the topic of lights, i personally prefer plopable or one-sided T21's

I hope Alex doesn't mind: ::)
Pictures say a thousand words:

NOTE: I have yet to put stop points into the intersection. Help would be nice. Also, thee transition is in the works (model problems).
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Xyloxadoria

There is now. This is a variation of the mod that i made earlier. All thats different is a few props. So heres your personalized version of my mod. (And i figure others would want it too)  :thumbsup:

Its a small enough file that i can just attach it here. It uses a default maxis prop, so there are no dependencies. Just put the file in your RHW folder and enjoy.

EDIT: Obsolete attachemt removed due to issues it may cause. If you want whats pictured below, get the new version a few pages later.

metarvo

Blue Lightning: Oh, my, what is that?  That looks like a double-decker RHW-4-over-Avenue.  It looks like the RHW's traffic flow is in the opposite direction of the avenue below, but this is impressive nonetheless.

Xyloxadoria: I just dl'ed the high-mast RHW-6 lights a while ago, but I'll be sure to try these out too.  The more streetlights, the better, or at least that's what I always say.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Xyloxadoria

Oh i forgot to say you can only use one or the other in your plugins folder. You could use both, but then the game would randomly pick betwwen one or the other,and you would have a mix of both.

deathtopumpkins

Heeheehee... We have someone other than Alex teasing us now!

As I've said elsewhere, nice work bl!

And metarvo, I had that question at first too... It is because if the top deck went the same direction as the bottom, then traffic would just jump between decks.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores