• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

@MikieCGY: You'll have to extend the RHW out INTO the Avenue. If the RHW end looks like that (which is common in RHW starters, ramps, and transitions), it's best to extend it first. On the other hand, if the RHW-4 is long enough, you can extend the Avenue INTO the RHW instead.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MikieCGY

Holy crap .. it works.. thanks!  you guys rock!    I haven't really played with Mods or anything .. sure makes SC4 a whole new game.  Crazyness! 

BIG UPS!

Ryan B.

This isn't anything up the sleeve of the NAM Team, but I was working on something last night & I'm pretty happy with the result.

Have y'all ever had a time where you'd like a "custom" lane cosmetic piece?  I figured out a way.  Have a look:

;)

(Sorry about the image quality - I don't have Internet access at home, so I snapped a picture with my cell phone.)

Wiimeiser

That looks really cool. I wonder if a LHD version could be made.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

@Ryan B.: I agree with Wiimeister, that looks nice. Did you edit the textures on some of the existing pieces? (I once brought up the idea of blank CPs so that people can make their own custom CPs.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jacksunny

Ryan B.

To answer y'all's questions, that's all one BAT.  The pavement markings are symbols from the Roadgeek arrow files, placed creatively.  ;)

godjcjk12

@Ryan B.: Very nice! &apls

@Anyone: Maybe these two questions have been addressed before, but I'll ask anyway  :D. Would a diagonal RHW-8/Dual RHW-4 transition (as shown in the first image) be possible? Also, are diagonal on-slope and off-slope transitions possible (similar to the second image) for the RHW and, on the whole, other road networks?

Tarkus

Nice work as always, Ryan!  :thumbsup: Some creative modding there.

Quote from: godjcjk12 on April 02, 2011, 07:13:14 PM
@Anyone: Maybe these two questions have been addressed before, but I'll ask anyway  :D. Would a diagonal RHW-8/Dual RHW-4 transition (as shown in the first image) be possible?

Are you referring to a full-on diagonal splitter (all parts, including the RHW-8, being diagonal)?  If so, it might be awhile before we get to that point . . . right now, there's only one diagonal ramp interface, and at most, there will be two in the next release.  (I have textures ready for a Diagonal RHW-4 Type B ramp, but it hasn't gotten anywhere near game integration stage.) 

Quote from: godjcjk12 on April 02, 2011, 07:13:14 PM
Also, are diagonal on-slope and off-slope transitions possible (similar to the second image) for the RHW and, on the whole, other road networks?

They're possible, but models need to be made.  Diagonal on-slopes aren't as simple to put together as orthogonal ones.  Definitely planned for the future, I'd say, but probably not for awhile.

-Alex

godjcjk12

@Tarkus: Yes, indeed. That what I was referring to. Thanks!

Nego

@Ryan B.: I'm still a little confused. Did you modify existing cosmetic pieces or are those overlaying arrows or what? I think that your custom cosmetic arrows came out really good and I'd like to try it out myself. Thanks! :)

Ryan B.

No actual modding was done, Nego - it was all done via the BAT.

j-dub

In case anyone was wondering, all I will say is that RHW arrows for advanced warnings on exiting/merging are in fact proposed as an international concept, the very least you will not get stuck with English language on the pieces, but the plan is custom shaped arrows for specific regions.

Biriali

Hello NAM gurus and all others
I'm currently trying to add lights as T21s to the diagonal RHW-4
Can anyone here give me the exact texture ID's for the textures used on the "straight" diagonal roads?

Thank you !!!
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Tarkus

0x5EB0A100-4 (the one with more white line) and 0x5EB1A100-4 (the one with more yellow line).

And for future reference, since I'm sure folks will ask again:

-MIS Diagonals
0x5DE0A100-4 (more white line) and 0x5DE1A100-4 (more yellow line)

-RHW-2 Diagonals
0x5E000A00-4

-RHW-3 Diagonals
0x5E70A100-4 and 0x5E71A100-4

-ERHW-4 Diagonals
0x5EB0A200-4 and 0x5EB1A200-4

-EMIS Diagonals
0x5DE0A200-4 and 0x5DE1A200-4

-ERHW-2 Diagonals
0x5EA0A200-4

Wider RHW diags are more complicated--with S versions, you'll find them in 0A, 1A, 2A, 3A.  The C version IID scheme is being revised, as there are some wealth-glitching issues with it when next to mid/high density zones.

I may stick a guide to the scheme in the Readme for the next version.

-Alex

Biriali

Wow, thanks Alex. I really appreciate it
I don't hope it was too much of a bother for you to find all these numbers!
Once again, thank you  &apls
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Tarkus

Fortunately, I have those ones memorized, so I didn't have to do any looking up.   :thumbsup:

-Alex

Biriali

Well, I still think it was nice of you  ()stsfd()
Also, I used the information provided by you to make a small mod that adds street lights to the RHWs that isn't covered by Xyloxadoria's mod. It can be found here  ;D
Nemo sobrius saltaret

samerton

Quote from: Biriali on April 06, 2011, 08:52:34 AM
Also, I used the information provided by you to make a small mod that adds street lights to the RHWs that isn't covered by Xyloxadoria's mod. It can be found here  ;D

Great! Thanks for taking the time to make and upload it!  :thumbsup:

Biriali

I have a new question regarding T21-ing the RHW.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to add T21s to the RHW-4 curves. I have been looking at Sithlrd98's excellent tutorial, and I have deduced that the RHW-4 curves must be set up in a similar way to the avenue curves. But still I'm not able to add any T21s.

So, am I completely on the wrong track? Are the RHW-4 curves actually set up like the normal road curves  ()what()

Any help would be much appreciated!
Nemo sobrius saltaret