• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion Requests

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsD

I am unable to see anything either.

BTW,  Yes you are quick to respond to questions, Jeronij, and I also thank you for that as well.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

jeronij

Thanks I always try my best  ;)

I will investigate further about this spelling issue... maybe a conflict wiht another plugin ...  ::)

I'll keep you informed
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

beebs

I'd love to be able to do a search on the LEX by description/title rather than simply author or selecting a category. Quite often, I've had to search through a few similar categories to find what I'm looking for (as I didn't know the author), where a simple keyword search would likely have saved much time. Hopefully this is doable, if not I guess I'll live.  :P

callagrafx

Hi Beebs

A boolean search is on the to do list, but I believe Colyn and Relic's RL is a bit daft at the moment, so all development is in a kind of limbo.  There were also issues about short searches causing system resource slowdowns (i.e. single character search) and we're looking at ways around that.

Hopefully it won't be too long in the offering, but Colyn can better inform you of that when he's next around.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

sobol

Better search feature in the forums and LEX.

That's all I can think of.
I've got nothing.

Nardo69

I have not a request bu a suggestion:

I would love to have a small text - windows on the forum pages that shows the recently added content of the LEX without having to log on there.

For me as a member it would have the advantage that I don't have to type username and password for the LEx to check if there is any new upload.

For SC4D itself it may save quite some bandwith as people (like me) don't) have to log on for checking the news of the LEX.

As an alternative a button opening an info box would be nice, too

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Madeira aka Constantina

It would be grateful if you expand the scope of the site, because i wish for this site to be as popular as youtube and official gaming forums like ign and gamespy.

firstly, i would like to see interviews being made exclusively for this site, so more members will be attracted to this site and think 'wow, this site is interesting'.

perhaps it would be grateful for coverage of sim games to be expanded. I think it will not hurt to add the sims 1 and 2, trainz and other simcities like sc-ds and societies. perhaps monte cristo games like city life and future city simulation developments should be covered.

i think that if you provide city and people simulation resources at a wider scale, more visitors would want to come here and perhaps make a donation to show their support.

you can always keep the old name of SimCity 4 Devotion because if it becomes as popular as youtube and ebay, everyone will remember this site and you for generations. please do what you can to make this site even better, it won't hurt to consider your members suggestions. i really support most of the suggestions posted here.

sorry that i am currently under 18 so i cannot have paypal yet, but i will try and remain devoted to your dedicated city simulation site and i thank you very very much for your creations.

well done jeronij and never give up your dreams,

madeira

ssc4k

i think it owuld be nice if all of thenew modds, sam, nam, rhw, soon tl7, and the nam essentials were put in one installer so we wouldnt have to go through the installing in the correct orde rto get thigns to work since it would install itself correctly. thats my request for all of these wonderfull modds to be in one simple easy to use installer. :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Tarkus

Quote from: ssc4k on September 26, 2007, 02:35:31 PM
i think it owuld be nice if all of thenew modds, sam, nam, rhw, soon tl7, and the nam essentials were put in one installer so we wouldnt have to go through the installing in the correct orde rto get thigns to work since it would install itself correctly. thats my request for all of these wonderfull modds to be in one simple easy to use installer. :P

Well, the problem there is that the file size would be way too large--we'd be talking about a 40-50MB file easily.  It would eat up bandwidth like crazy, considering the NAM stuff is continually updated and people would have to redownload. ;)  The NAM also went to a modular format (with the core file, NAM Essentials and the various additions) so that we can release new components much sooner as an individual package, rather than waiting a few months for enough stuff to be ready to merit releasing another 30MB file (as had been done in the past).  Hence how the SAM was able to be released now, rather than 6 months from now.  And with the install order--it's just like how you have to install the game before the expansion pack.  Think of the NAM as the "game" and the NAM Essentials file, SAM, bridges, etc. as expansions.

Hope that at least partially answers your question.  Maybe this warrants an FAQ thread. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

Quote from: Madeira on September 12, 2007, 12:44:31 PM
It would be grateful if you expand the scope of the site, because i wish for this site to be as popular as youtube and official gaming forums like ign and gamespy.

firstly, i would like to see interviews being made exclusively for this site, so more members will be attracted to this site and think 'wow, this site is interesting'.

perhaps it would be grateful for coverage of sim games to be expanded. I think it will not hurt to add the sims 1 and 2, trainz and other simcities like sc-ds and societies. perhaps monte cristo games like city life and future city simulation developments should be covered.

i think that if you provide city and people simulation resources at a wider scale, more visitors would want to come here and perhaps make a donation to show their support.

you can always keep the old name of SimCity 4 Devotion because if it becomes as popular as youtube and ebay, everyone will remember this site and you for generations. please do what you can to make this site even better, it won't hurt to consider your members suggestions. i really support most of the suggestions posted here.

sorry that i am currently under 18 so i cannot have paypal yet, but i will try and remain devoted to your dedicated city simulation site and i thank you very very much for your creations.

well done jeronij and never give up your dreams,

madeira

While I applaud your vision and your hopes that this site continue to flourish, it seems that most of your suggestions go against what I believe were the reasons why SC4D was created in the first place--a place where SC4 players and fans could unite through their work and shared passion for the game. While we all here at SC4D may be fans of other games, whether in the SimCity/Maxis/EA lineage or not, I don't think those games were ever to be a part of the scope of the site, at least not from how I've understood it, nor were mass popularity or recognition.

Jinnigan

It would make things a lot easier if, where people list the dependencies for their lots, if those could simply be directly linked to the file. This way, when a lot tells me I need a dependency I can just click to download it instead of hunting around for another 5-10 minutes.

Also, I'd like to second the other suggestion of being able to search by name, since nobody lists the author of the dependencies they're using.

ssc4k

search bye name and remember me on login :P i could really use those :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

batmans

Hi!!!
I have a question - where have I set my town issue??? Please link ;) I am a little lost here

jeronij

Quote from: batmans on November 03, 2007, 04:52:58 AM
Hi!!!
I have a question - where have I set my town issue??? Please link ;) I am a little lost here

Hello,

I cant understand exactly what you do mean ....  %confuso .... we have a polish support forums here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=200.0

I hope this helps  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

cantescape

I think you need more tutorials. Oh well, only trying to improve SC4D.

beskhu3epnm

Quote from: cantescape on November 16, 2007, 12:29:56 PM
I think you need more tutorials. Oh well, only trying to improve SC4D.

Then why don't you write some?

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

SC4BOY

I'd like to be able to mark forums for "ignor" for me.. there is enough to keep up with on the site without having to look through a lot of things that I totally have no interest in and doubt I ever would.. (I could always "un-ignor" it if I later decided I was interested) . If there is a way to do this, I'm sorry for not finding out how. I did look :)

JoeST

what do you mean exactly?

you can minimise sections of the forum like i dont view the tutorial section nor the md section. just click on the title bar of each section and it disappears

if you mean something else please point it to me

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jeronij

SC4BOY, you also can suscribe (notify) to the threads of your interests, and you will receive a PM everytime an answer is posted. This is a good way to keep track only about what interests you.

I hope these suggestions help you to "go to the point" quicker  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

SC4BOY

Quote from: star.torturer on December 02, 2007, 11:54:08 AM
what do you mean exactly?

you can minimise sections of the forum like i dont view the tutorial section nor the md section. just click on the title bar of each section and it disappears

if you mean something else please point it to me

Joe

I mean I wish to be able to make forum topics, sections, or threads be invisible to me.. for example when I log on I usually hit the "show posts since your last visit" or whatever its called.. Then I get 5-20 pages of stuff.. a large number of which are in threads and sections that are a waste.. like an "alphabet game" or a a lot of moved or old MD's or a picture competition etc etc.. Minimizing groups doesn't do any good at all.. it just hides the home page and has no value for any other items like "unread" or "search" or whatever.. in short it really is pretty useless..

I'd like to go to my "profile" and see a list of topics from the forums and be able to mark them individually by topic as "ignor" and the site wouild treat my logon as though those topics don't even exist. If I wanted to read something I marked "ignor" I'd have to go back to my profile and "unmark" it.

JRJ I do occasionally mark a thread to "subscribe" but I do read a LOT of misc stuff on SC4D  .. way more than I wish to subscribe to.. the unread does well for me but I'd like not to get  6 pages or more of posts.. hehe...