• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokugawa

Great great great !!!  &apls
See Okatabawashi ! the pearl of the Orient !

kelis

Beautiful update my friend !! The new rail mod looks so good in your city  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Wah hello there Onii-chan!

Great update you have there. Nice to see you've put your region with this fantastic mod too. It is truly a masterpiece. And it looks great in your cities.

I'm happy yo hear that you feel better slowly but surely, I hope you'll come back to us with the full force you had at the start. You're truly missed here. :)

Take care!

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Nice railroad. 
I'm glad to see you here and to hear you feel better. :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Dantes

@nbvc,Tokugawa,kelis,art128-chan,Kergelen:

Thank you for your comments. &ops  I am currently very stressed out and care for an old lady. My health is not good, I try to hold out the day. SimCity for I have little time and effort.  &ops

Currently I am doing my modernize railways.  &mmm

1.I have a very large railway network  :-[

2.Old:
]

3. New:

4.I am considering at present to erect noise barriers and have built several versions. What do you like?

5.Version 1

8.Version 2 (without cherry trees)

It is also the possibility of small concrete wall along the railway line set. These are available but not diagonally. What do you think?

kelis

I think that you are doing a great job with your railway system, it looks so good in the region view, it is perfect for a small city, Maybe you can put a Shinkashen line crossing the region with a great central station and a few small stations in the rest of the region.

Greetings my friend and I hope you are well as soon as possible  :)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Good evening Onii-chan!

I think a mix of both the two versions of the walls is great. Sometime some cherry trees, some time no trees.

Good job anyway, modernizing your railway. It looks really better that way with the new catenary.

I liked one detail a lot, it was the old engine on the closed track, this is a good idea. I actually have seen some in Japan. ( through Google Earth )

I come to agree with Kelis idea about the shinkansen line. One going from the left to the right with a central station is a good idea. Though, just one shinkansen station is enough i think. as the city is not big enough to have multiple Shinkansen stops. (they have the commuter trains for that) One thing for sure, it will need a lot of work, destroying some areas in order to put the line, but I think it'll be worth it.

Oh, since one or two days, I've been watching videos taken from the pilot view and passanger view ( looking through the window) of Japanese commuter trains and Shinkansen. It's fun ( well, at least for me ) to take a ride in a Tokyo - Osaka Shinkansen during 2hours and a half. it's like if you are in the train ahah. if you're a enthusiast train fan like me, you like it for sure.

I hope you'll feel better soon my Onii-chan.

Take care,

-Arthur.

Props & Texture Catalog

RickD

I prefer Version 2 of the walls. So many uniform trees are a bit too much for my taste. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Dantes

Thank you for your comments

Replies:
@Kelis:Hello my friend  :)
Many thanks for your comment. I have two central railway stations especially for long distance by train. Overall, Totori but part of a prefecture with many small railway stations and without high-speed lines. Focus more on inter-regional traffic.  :satisfied:
@Otouto-Chan (art  :) ) : Hello my little brother. I've previously looked at you on youtube trains in Japan. There are some very beautiful stretch. You have it correctly recognized that Totori is too small for larger high-speed traffic. There has to be very small regions where everything is a little slower and not all big city.
I'm doing a little better now. Thank you for your e-mail and hope you enjoy my current project. I really like how your region has developed. It is much bigger than mine and therefore a region onder several high speed lines fit beautifully. Very soon I would love to see an overview of you.
@RickD: Tkan you  :)

Currently I am doing my modernize railways. II.

Instead of green noise barriers, I have decided me something else to consider. I now have a choice to make walls. I would love to hear your opinion, what better place her as a wall against noise.

What do you think?  &ops

art128

Hello there Onii-chan!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better little by little. :)

About the walls eh.. Well again it's very difficult to choose really well. Walls number 1 and 4 are the best in my opinion. I think making a mix of the two. Like when the train enter an industrial area the wall number 1 would be better. Whereas when it's a residential area, wall four seems right to me. But not just bare walls... Try to add some bushes from place to place, so it'll seems lively.

Take care!

-Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

i would agree with Arthur - number 1 or 4

Welcome back my friend &apls

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Shark7

In my opinion, if you are going purely for functionality, then #1 is the way to go.

On the other hand, if you want something more aesthetically pleasing, then #4 would be my choice.

Dantes

Thank you that you told me your opinions.

Replies:
@art128:Hello my little brother,
Of course I work with SMP. Thank you for your decision, I like very well No.1. I know from many Videos with Japanese trains in suburban areas, the gray walls. Therefore, I will use it now. Thank you for the wishes. I am currently going well so far back that I can be a bit active here.
@Framly: Thank you Framly-senpai  :)

Currently I am doing my modernize railways. III.

Today, there are a few pictures. I'll be busy then once my train to modernize. Then there is a new update in the next month. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

5. this substation ist so hd+  :o

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

RickD

Looks great. I like it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kelis

These walls looks great, I think that It was a good choice !! Great job with the pictures my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

noahclem

Great work on the railroad upgrade  &apls  It ended up very good and I think you made the right choice. Nice region transport view also  :thumbsup:   Can I ask where you found that nice HD substation?

I hope you're feeling better  :)

Nanami

Nice rail network!

art128

Good work Onii-chan. Looks really nice with these walls.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work on the last updates :) Always love your style.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Schulmanator

Nice looking and realistic stuff :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0