• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar 2010

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2010, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Wow! These handle slopes marvelously. Very useful indeed.

Andreas

Update notice: Unfortunately, it turned out that two props are missing in peterycristi's prop pack, therefore, I updated the download. You don't have to get the new version right now, though, since there isn't a lot that would need them so far. But if there's one that would need them in the future, I'll add the props to that file, too. :)

EDIT: I just remembered one thing about the vineyards... You might notice that the vine props don't cast shadows; this was done on purpose, as shadows have a somewhat severe impact on the overall performance. During my tests, even only a small number of vineyards slowed down scrolling considerably, making it almost unbearable to play the game anymore. This might be due to my rather low-end on-board ATI Radeon 4200, but when I removed the shadow property, things returned to be very smooth again. Just keep in mind that each 1x1 vineyard field has about 30 vine props, this adds up quickly. You won't notice the difference without looking closely anyway, I just mention it in case you wonder. ;)
Andreas

Andreas

SFBT Otradnoye Blocks by Sam Johnson

As mentioned above, Sam Johnson was really busy with creating his set of East European pre-fab blocks, so here's another one, coming in two sizes on three different lots, an 8x3 version, an 8x8 mega lot that has two buildings, and an extra-long 14x3 behemoth. So without further ado, go and grab them. :)

Andreas

metasmurf

Vivid and colourful, just as we like 'em  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

FrankU

This is becoming a very useful set of blocks! Great addition to the game. These buildings are much more European than the original Maxis "Europe" set of housing blocks.
It might sound not too friendly, but these run down blocks are to be found all over Europe, although they aren't always built as bad as in the Soviet Union. So these might be useful for everyone working on European regions.
It is a pity that I have planned to work on a rural region these days. So I guess I'll put the downloads in a safe pace and dig'em up next year when I do a large city again.

Sam Johnson

Quote from: FrankU on December 22, 2010, 01:23:27 AM
This is becoming a very useful set of blocks! Great addition to the game. These buildings are much more European than the original Maxis "Europe" set of housing blocks.
It might sound not too friendly, but these run down blocks are to be found all over Europe, although they aren't always built as bad as in the Soviet Union. So these might be useful for everyone working on European regions.
It is a pity that I have planned to work on a rural region these days. So I guess I'll put the downloads in a safe pace and dig'em up next year when I do a large city again.

Yep you're right. Almost all of my blocks aren't that kind of blocks which are only found in the former soviet union, many of them can be found in a similar way everywhere in europe. I think my Block 44 set is the only set which looks really rundown in a way that only could be found in the eastern bloc states :D

Anyway I'm glad you like my stuff and the work of all the other SFBT Members  :thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Andreas

SFBT Französische Kirche Potsdam by peterycristi

Christmas is almost there, winter has just started (at least astronomically), the snow is melting again here and it's raining heavily, leaving not that much of the "Christmas feeling" right now, but hopefully, today's upload will bring it back a bit. It's another BAT from the Berlin region by peterycristi, a small church that should fit in anywhere you can provide a small 2x2 spot, and it definitely goes well nicely with the Nikolaikirche from the same city.

Andreas

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

noahclem

Nice church and great commie pre-fab apartment bloc! Thanks for all your work Sam Johnson, peterycristi, and Andreas  &apls

Andreas

Christmas Eve has just started in Germany, and traditionally, an Advent Calendar has 24 doors, one for each day until Christmas Eve, the day when German kids get their presents finally, after the long wait, and after Santa or the Christkind visited the houses in the evening. So here's the last "official" download for this calendar - but who knows, maybe Santa will leave some presents for those who celebrate on the 25th and 26th of december as well. ;)

SFBT Semperoper by curby and praiodan

Curby started this model of the famous Semperoper in Dresden, Germany, a long time ago, but it never got finished, so praiodan picked up the file, and completed the building some time ago. The lot was created by yours truly, as well as the modding. It's a reward that will get unlocked once you have more than 25,000 R-$$$ residents in your city, or - alternatively - more than 100 SFBT buildings that have grown. The rest of the stats should be similar to the Maxis opera, please keep in mind that you need the "Opera House Fix" that will provide a proper query window with budget slider. Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Andreas

Andreas

SFBT Alte Nationalgalerie Berlin by peterycristi

Well, I promised a little gift from Santa, and here it is: Yet another famous Berlin landmark, the Alte Nationalgalerie, located on the Museumsinsel (museum island) in the center of the German capital. Enjoy!

Andreas

io_bg

Das ist sehr toll! Und Fröhliche Weihnachten! :thumbsup: (here it's already 12 o'clock)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jack_wilds

that's qiut the museum...

Merry Christmas Andreas, io_bg

ScottFTL

What wonderful gifts you've given us!   &apls

Merry Christmas to Andreas and all of the SFBT!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CaptCity

Thank you, SFBT, for giving us these wonderful creations again this year. Your hard work and efforts are very much appreciated.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday season!

xannepan

mightygoose

merry christmas SFBT and Andreas, thankyou for the lovely advent calendar.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....