• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

I would recommend using the lot-based SAM stoppers; it's very likely that they don't follow the recommended NAM TSEC and capacity values and may actually reduce traffic capacity of the entire Street line.

Best way to do so without any sort of consequence is to put a 2-tile segment of Road in between each Street.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

JonatanRaven

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 20, 2015, 12:46:09 PM
I would recommend using the lot-based SAM stoppers; it's very likely that they don't follow the recommended NAM TSEC and capacity values and may actually reduce traffic capacity of the entire Street line.

Best way to do so without any sort of consequence is to put a 2-tile segment of Road in between each Street.

Ah, then I'd rather skip it completely to be honest. If the looks of things matter then putting a segment of road in between doesn't really appeal either.

Thanks for clearing that up.

vortext

If you want to transition from one SAM to another simply put two starter pieces next to each other. If you want to transition from SAM to ordinary street you can use the wide curves to stop the override.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mgb204

After some tinkering, I've managed to get a very basic set of T21s in place for my Industrial SAM set (coming in NAM 36):

So there will be lights on regular straight and diagonal sections. Along with crossing barriers for straight SAM DTR crossings. I've also custom made just over 50% of the set's paths, so that automata will fit the wider footprint better.

b22rian

great work here !

really love the look on this.

Thanks for all your efforts here  :thumbsup:

Akallan

Great textures, I can not wait for the new version of the NAM to arrive. ;D
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

j-dub

Quote from: mgb204 on July 04, 2017, 10:14:37 AM
After some tinkering, I've managed to get a very basic set of T21s in place for my Industrial SAM set (coming in NAM 36):

Yeah, but just to be clear, no longer tile radius street curves exceeding 1x1 tile on 90 degree bend? and no double tile width smooth S-curves? Am I wrong? Because it looks like you did the smooth curved diagonal transition.

mgb204

All the WRCs will be there, including the S-Curve, 45° Bend and small (2x2) and large (4x4) 90° bends. These will be supported for all SAM networks in NAM36 thanks to Eggman121's work on them. I didn't use the smooth curve here because it made one of the lights on the diagonal go out and I'm not ready for the pain that is lighting up WRCs quite yet.

Actually, I've even coded a working prototype for the diagonal roundabout and cull-de-sac roundabouts. But those won't likely be there until NAM37.

Kitsune

I somehow uncovered a draggable SAM starter.... is this a prototype or some feature with the existing starters that I (and prolly a lot of other people) never knew about?

~ NAM Team Member

APSMS

I suspect it's an existing "feature," unwittingly uncovered, seeing as how starters are typically false intersections that trigger the override behavior.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Kitsune

Could the SAM icon be upgraded to modern standards? ie have the word SAM in the icon like all the other current/still alive NAM icons.
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

If anyone's been wondering what the heck I've been up to, amidst all the radio silence following NAM 47 . . . my initially planned project to add Diagonal T-intersection support to the NWM made me realize there were base Diagonal Ts that still needed to be fixed in order to prep them for NWM support.  And in starting that, I realized that anything I ended up doing involving intersections with the Street network would end up causing chaos with the SAM.

And that then turned into me completely redoing the code for the SAM using @memo 's Metarules system, adding support for missing crossings . . . and redoing the textures for some of the sets . . . like SAM 2 (which has been my primary test bed during this project).  Basically . . . I fell into a massive rabbit hole.  Here's some results from it:

(Believe it or not, Diagonal SAM can't cross OWRs at all in the current version.  I've fixed that now)

-Alex

kelis

WOW that looks very promesing, Thanks for the efforts as always  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||