• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdaryl

Mrtnrln, I have an american 'exit sign' prop similar to yours that I made some time ago:

Tarkus, I might be able to send this exit sign to you so you can T21 it into the american version.  I made four variants seperated into two categories:

Orthogonal and diagonal
Metal and wood posts

Glad to be a part of this. ;D

zakuten

Awesome, SA! I'm an American, but I like these so much! Very shiny and new-like! And mrtnrln, you made my day by sticking the exit sign in like that. That's precisely what I'd been hoping for earlier.  :D Thank goodness we have all these skilled people to help out~! Pilotdaryl as well, thank you! The only problem I have with it, using the blue-sign version, is that in Type A and Dual Splitter intersections, it seems the sign is somewhat out of place when using the US textures, so I suppose that will need to be moved or something.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Starmanw402007

The only problem I have with the RHW, is I cant connect the Avenues or Roads to them. Any Suggestions?
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on April 22, 2008, 07:47:48 AM
mrtnrln: Is there any way we can have the exit signs and NOT the lighting?  That would be awesome!

Sure! Here's an attachement with a .dat file with only the exit sign. I'm planning a modd with various exit signs and of course the street lights (in sepperated files, so you can install the exit signs but not the lights, for example), called the RHW-add-on modd.

Best,
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

QMan

I have a question (I hope it wasn't asked before)- but, is it possible to make the MIS of variable heights?  What I mean is that is it possible to change its elevation without having to change the ground's height in the process??  Like if you wanted to create a flyover from one RHW highway to another RHW highway- would that be possible?? 

kassarc16

Quote from: QMan on April 23, 2008, 08:49:08 AM
I have a question (I hope it wasn't asked before)- but, is it possible to make the MIS of variable heights?  What I mean is that is it possible to change its elevation without having to change the ground's height in the process??  Like if you wanted to create a flyover from one RHW highway to another RHW highway- would that be possible?? 

I'm quite positive that Elevated RHW and MIS capabilities will be around in the near future, if not in the next update.

j-dub

Quote from: mrtnrlnI'm planning a modd with various exit signs and of course the street lights (in sepperated files, so you can install the exit signs but not the lights, for example), called the RHW-add-on modd.
Ah yes, the RHWAM, where have I heard that before?  Anyway Mrtnrln, as I am well aware of the LRP, with the anouncement of your recent plans, thats just as valuble to improving the RHW project, way to go on adding not only exemplars to the RHW, but new ones. Thank you for sharing. The only problem is the one exit, the sign seems to be blocking the path, but in addition to future NAM releases, I also can look forward to this stuff just like a Real highway should. :thumbsup:

cammo2003

Quote from: QMan on April 23, 2008, 08:49:08 AM

Not at the current time. In the interim however, it is possible to transition to one-way roads which will give you those options... And if you're using SA's texture mod, it doesn't look bad, either.

MandelSoft

Adding some safety features to the RHW (I don't know how these things are called in English). It ain't look pretty, but it's a start.

Here is the American Exit Sign in action

Best,
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

superhands

mrnrln,
     im Intrigued, how did you get that road barrier to slope conform?  :o

j-dub

@mrtnrln Around here the American term for what you have pictured is called guard rail. Thats similar to the Jes guard rail, but I thought that one uses wood to hold the metal up. This full metal one pictured is preety common too. I think it looks fine as is, but maybe where the guard rail starts, you could put the yellow cross hatch sign in front of it, the same type that appears in front of the draggable road tunnels.

videosean

Quote from: j-dub on April 24, 2008, 08:40:36 AMI thought that one uses wood to hold the metal up. This full metal one pictured is preety common too. I think it looks fine as is, but maybe where the guard rail starts, you could put the yellow cross hatch sign in front of it, the same type that appears in front of the draggable road tunnels.
Wood, metal, it's all good IMO :)

http://www.wyattresources.com/guardrail.htm

nerdly_dood

SA:  Those new RHW textures are WICKED :thumbsup: too bad you couldn't get the RHW2 done... hope you can get it finished soon!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Starmanw402007

Those fences for highways and roads will look great for all cities in Sim City. It'll also help boost the safety rating for mayors as well. Which is a good idea.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Haljackey

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on April 24, 2008, 12:22:56 PM
Those fences for highways and roads will look great for all cities in Sim City. It'll also help boost the safety rating for mayors as well. Which is a good idea.

Agreed.  Now all we need is a concrete median in the middle for RHWs that don't have a one tile gap or more in the middle.  Keep up all the great work!   These add-ons are awesome!

Best,
-Haljackey

nerdly_dood

XD I looked at the pictures of Tarkus' new textures and I saw the roundabout intersection and it was like a whole new world opened up for me!  I had TOTALLY forgotten that the MIS could connect to roundabouts... ;D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pilotdaryl

mrtrln, I strongly suggest that you use my versions.  They use the official font on american signs and are scaled and made to MUTCD (manual on uniform control traffic devices) standards.  Heh... sorry about the bossiness here... :-[

Hmm... maybe I should post this stuff in the signage piece mod thread.  Could be useful..... $%Grinno$%
Canadian and other versions are on the way! ;D

Tarkus

Getting closer . . .

Still a couple little things shown in that pic to tweak (diagonal striping, stop lines), but it's getting there. ;)

mrtnrln, this is fantastic work you've been showing, and thanks for sharing some of these cosmetic add-ons you've made! :thumbsup:

Starman, what type of RHW are you trying to connect to Avenues or Roads?  If you're referring to the RHW-4, it actually cannot have intersections with Avenues (they're purposely blocked by Prevent RULs). 

Back with more later . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

kassarc16

Looking great, Alex! Will those intersections (and other grade crossings) ever have turn lanes and stoplights?

Swamper77

Stoplights can be added to the RHW intersections. Due to how the RHW is handled by the EXE and that it is highway -like in nature, the stoplights facing the traffic on the RHW will stay green. Tarkus has added stop points to the intersections where cross and incoming traffic is involved, but the cars don't stop except for where the incoming roadway is a street or road. Then, the traffic stops before entering the RHW.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!