• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimsReporter

Quote from: nerdly_dood on May 16, 2008, 01:39:41 PM
@ Tarkus:  Thanks, that helps me with giving credit to the creator :thumbsup:

@ SimsReporter:  Who is PM?  Last I knew, that meant "Private Message"

I like Mrtnlrn's guardrails a lot, and although I see problems with them, I must remind myself that they aren't done yet...

Yeah i got it through Private Mesaging
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

bakerton

I have found a problem and I don't know if anyone has encountered yet, but the download file for RHW-4 lights and exit sign by mrtrln will download, but it will not extract as I get a message saying "no file(s) to extract". Does anyone have a solution or what. Please let me know. Tarkus, Keep the work on this project going steady. Waiting for the next release (when ever it comes out). JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

superhands

is ther any plan to have the RHW-2 to contain overtaking lanes, left/right turning lanes and smooth curves, maybe even FAR   alex?
david 

MandelSoft

Just to make sure that everything is working, I re-uploaded the files. The previous file was damaged. It's also updated (placement errors are gone, so it won't appear in the middle of the ramp), and you can chose between:

- Lights and exit signs or exit signs only
- American/Dutch/German styled exit signs

Best,
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Adept2Rock

mrtnrln >>> Good work!But can we have french styled exit signs?Thanks
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

bakerton

beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Tarkus

The MIS comes to the RHW-2 . . .

The double yellow line may get the boot in favor of the dashed line.  And yes, that second one has two diagonal MIS ramps coming out of it. ;)

bighead99, to answer your question, turn lanes are already in the works, smooth curves will likely be coming (I know I could certainly use them :)).  As far as FAR goes (FarHW? It rhymes!), we'll see.  It would be pretty cool.

-Alex (Tarkus)

CasperVg

Oh yes, that's the stuff I like! Awesome work.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

MandelSoft

Quote from: Adept2Rock on May 17, 2008, 09:15:30 AM
mrtnrln >>> Good work!But can we have french styled exit signs?Thanks
I don't know how these look like. It's hard to find a picture of it (and it's the same case with Brittish exit sings). If you have a picture, please post it.

@Tarkus: Wow! MIS for RHW-2! This is great!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

krbe

Quote from: Tarkus on May 17, 2008, 09:17:03 PM
The MIS comes to the RHW-2 . . .

Yeeees! That'd be excellent. There are tons of 2 lane roads with grade separated crossings up in the high north for high-speed, low density stretches.  :party:

ehbk2006

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 18, 2008, 06:07:24 AM
I don't know how these look like. It's hard to find a picture of it (and it's the same case with Brittish exit sings). If you have a picture, please post it.

@Tarkus: Wow! MIS for RHW-2! This is great!

I think he means those green plastic things with the white triangles.

My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

bat

Yes, great work on that MIS for RHW-2!! :thumbsup:

yoshiisland2

That looks fantastic!  The new texture style looks even better now for some reason as well, it's so "American asphalt interstate".  :thumbsup: &apls

Haljackey

Tarkus:  MIS for the RHW-2???  Wow... This is great!

Although I still haven't adapted to the new textures though.....  In time, in time...
-Actually, do you know if SA's asphalt textures are compatible with the new RHW version?

Best,
-Haljackey

thundercrack83

Wonderful, Alex! Absolutely wonderful, my friend!

Kitsune

Thats great ! Hopefully it also comes to AVEs and Roads :)
~ NAM Team Member

Shadow Assassin

-Actually, do you know if SA's asphalt textures are compatible with the new RHW version?

Of course they are. :P

They'll override the RHW-4 and RHW-6, as always... I just still have to finalise the RHW-2... real life has kept me very busy. But you know, Alex, that's a classic Super-2 expressway setup. ;)

I may have to revise the striping on the RHW-4 and RHW-6 pieces [quite simple to do, really], though.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Haljackey

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 19, 2008, 04:36:36 AM
Of course they are. :P

I think I may have mis-worded my question.  I know your textures are compatible with the current version, I use them!
-When I said new version, I meant the next version being worked on with the new RHW textures.  I am asking if your textures will still be compatible when the new RHW version comes out.

If I confused you, its my bad.  I should have worded my question differently.

Best,
-Haljackey

bwatterud

I dunno hal, I think he understood you. 

Swamper77

Hal,

They should be compatible with future versions, unless Tarkus changes all the ID's of the textures again.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!