• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 22, 2012, 08:32:35 PM
Are there any proposals of AVE-6 overpasses?

Not in NAM 31. Also, that's NWM, not RHW.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

AngryBirdsFan436

I know. I'll just post in the NWM thread next time.
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 22, 2012, 08:45:16 PM
I know. I'll just post in the NWM thread next time.

Then why didn't you post in the NWM thread the first time? ::)

That said, I'm knee-deep in RHW/NWM crosslinks at the moment.  The goal is that all the ERHWs that will be in NAM 31 have stable crossings over the current repertoire of NWM networks (orthogonal x orthogonal).  With NAM 31, you'll still have to have the RHW go over the NWM, as there won't be elevated NWM networks yet, but the "NWMapalooza" that will be NAM 32 will change that.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

kassarc16

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 23, 2012, 03:08:52 AM
So what is the NWMapalooza?

Short version? A large update of all things NWM, maybe a few new tricks and new features, also.

Long version? Only the NAM team could say, and that's not their style.

GDO29Anagram

If the main focus of NAM 31 is P57, then NAM 32 is the "NWM-palooza" (considering the fact that I pronounce NWM as "Enn-Wim", I thereby changed the spelling a bit).

P57 is exclusively RHW development, save for some much-needed crosslinkage with the NWM, and I think you know what the NWM-palooza is... :P (I swear, if the name isn't obvious enough...)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mike3775

[obligatory idiotic post] So when can we expect to see NAM 31?[/obligatory idiotic post]   :D

Being serious now, its looking great for the next couple NAM releases, and its only going to make what the NAM team has done even better, and I am all for that.

AngryBirdsFan436

So I think the NWM 2.0 is the last NWM release as a separate download and the NWMpalooza is the NWM merge into the NAM 32 core. Just like the NAM 31 P57.
(Okay. This is my LAST reply about the NWM here in this thread. I've been talking too much about the NWM in the RHW thread  ;D. BTW, what's the progress so far on the P57?)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

ivo_su

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 23, 2012, 08:09:06 AM
. BTW, what's the progress so far on the P57?)

Currently the boys are in phase 3. Usually the phases before finalization - 15, but Tarkus mentioned that this time may be over 20 stages. The team is progressing slowly and gradually, but surely at the expense of it. Maybe at the end of autumn, you'll be ready, but in any event before the end of summer.

MandelSoft

Well, P57 is well underway, but after that, lots of more content will be added, like the FlexRamps, Some FlexCurves and more Cosmetic Pieces and such...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

AngryBirdsFan436

Are you guys making an RHW 10-C so that we can have an RHW-8C accel/decel lane?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, regarding the multi-level RHWs, are you guys making an EAVE-4 puzzle piece crossing under an L4 (30m) or L3 (22.5) ERHW?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

That functionality will likely exist at some point, though it's uncertain that it'll be puzzle pieces . . . if you know what I mean. ;)

-Alex

io_bg

Quote from: ivo_su on June 23, 2012, 08:24:06 AMMaybe at the end of autumn, you'll be ready, but in any event before the end of summer.
You're being quite optimistic ;D As we're speaking about the NAM, here's a list of what I'd like to see in a future release ::)

• Tram in Avenue x el-rail over road
  • More el-rail over road pieces
  • NWM x tram in Avenue / Road / Street
  • NWM x el-rail over road
  • 45 degree FLEXFLY
  • RHW4 FLEXFLY
  • RABBETs
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jdenm8

Quote from: io_bg on June 24, 2012, 05:41:14 AM

You're definitely getting that one. Those pieces have been knocking around my HDD for a few months now.

AVE-6 and TLA-7 have also been done from memory, even though they're not pictured.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Shadow Assassin

FARHW is still going ahead as normal in its (very slow) development process as it's not being directly affected by the Project 57 overhaul (in fact, it's not even in the '57 ID range)...so you'll definitely see some FARHW love being spread around next release.

QuoteAVE-6 and TLA-7 have also been done from memory, even though they're not pictured.

Ah yes, they needed additional pylons, did they not? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

io_bg

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 24, 2012, 05:46:15 AMYou're definitely getting that one. Those pieces have been knocking around my HDD for a few months now.
Wohoo! %BUd% ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Regarding the earlier discussion of my post on "semi-maybe-ultra-wide" RHWs (12S and 10C, though I didn't explicitly mention 10C):

I'd side with Ganaram that draggable would be optimal. I could be persuaded otherwise if at least a basic set of overpass pieces were available for them (ie road, avenue, OWR, rail).

I guess I don't draw the same distinction between C and S networks. 2 adjacent "S"s pretty much make a "C", and with a bit of T21 work would be all but a true "C". I usually use S networks because Cs can only be one width if you use merging lanes.

Quote from: io_bg on June 24, 2012, 05:41:14 AM
Quote from: ivo_su on June 23, 2012, 08:24:06 AMMaybe at the end of autumn, you'll be ready, but in any event before the end of summer.
You're being quite optimistic ;D As we're speaking about the NAM, here's a list of what I'd like to see in a future release ::)

• Tram in Avenue x el-rail over road
  • More el-rail over road pieces
  • NWM x tram in Avenue / Road / Street
  • 45 degree FLEXFLY
  • RHW4 FLEXFLY
  • RABBETs

I think the NWM x tram in Avenue / Road / Street should be a pretty safe bet for inclusion in the next release as well. I haven't been actively working on it for a couple months now and most likely won't have time to get serious on actually turning the textures I've made into working puzzle pieces until August.

Exla357

What's the story on custom lane RHW? I heard a while back that there could be starter pieces for median, center, and edge lanes. Not specifically requesting anything, just wondering whether they are being considered for development.

-Alex