• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

sim-al2

Well it would appear that I've missed quite a bit. ::) However, the seasonal tents and lilies look great and I'll be sure to use them.  :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

dedgren

So here's some time-lapse shots with the latest seasonal item- Chris's (chrisadams3997) Rural Rehabilitation Project cattails.

May

July

August

October

December

I took the "400" (closest zoom) level FSH files from Chris's model, turned 'em into PNGs, lopped off the purple "tails," gave them a nice dry brown end of season color, converted 'em back to FSH files with the necessary MIPs, then imported them back in with the Reader into a new seasonal cattail file.  The color took a couple of tries, but I'm pretty happy with the one I wound up with.  It took most of this morning, but I was interested in seeing what I would wind up with.

Another couple of things to work on this afternoon, along with finishing up the full set of seasonal ploppable trees so the three collaboration quads can go out as originally intended over three years ago.  It's all coming together, folks.

Later.  Oh, the seasonal ploppable cattails are attached for you to play with, along with a second seasonal water plant made by Gizmo28.  Please, as always with this stuff, download the original files- you should consider them quasi-dependencies, as all credit belongs to the original creator.  Don't forget, as well, to DL the MODded Flora Tuning Parameters file- it's included with the downloads attached to several previous posts if you don't already have it.

UPDATE: January Bonus Pic!

Still got a bunch of work to do with integrating everything, but that's just a first try without doing anything special.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

scott1964

dedgren

I noticed earlier today that we were over 20,000 page views for the month with 13 days to go.  Shades of last fall!

Despite that, I'm seeing lots and lots of lurkers, including the nics of some friends I haven't seen on 3RR for quite a little bit.  Let's have a look...

Create your own visitor map!

...you can run but you can't hide... 

Seriously, I have had little as gratifying happen to me in my life as your continued interest in 3RR.

It looks like a volcano in Iceland that I couldn't tell you the name of on a good day is going to rain (ash) on Heather's trip to England with her mother.  We sent her mom a ticket to Phantom of the Opera in London this past Christmas.  They were supposed to be leaving on the 2nd of next month.  From what I'm hearing, folks who are currently stranded over there because of the cancellation of trans-Atlantic flights may well be there another 10 days to two weeks.  I feel bad for my sweetie, but at least she isn't 10,000 miles from home faced with living out of a suitcase for the foreseeable future.  We've dealt with our own volcano problems here in Alaska- I wish the best of luck to folks caught up in all this.

I'm getting PMs asking me why I'm not posting as much every day.  Well, I try not to bump myself- usually I have something ready to go- but this weekend I've been back at the spring remodeling.

Our house was built in the 70s, and the bathrooms are like a trip back to the Jerry Ford administration.

Everything must go!  This'll be state of the art- at least as far as my wallet will stretch- by the time we get through.

Murphy 'sez, "Looks too much like work- I'm going downstairs."

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mightygoose

[linkie]

at least the volcano has stopped erupting for now. flights cancelled till at least 8pm on the 18th, provided Eyjafjallajokull doesn't start again, flights will most likely be up and running again by midweek.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jonathan

I love how the water like freezes over in that January bonus pic. It's awesome :thumbsup:

Are you sure it stopped erupting? I searched google and it didn't find anything that said it stopped.After the volcano stops we still have to wait for the cloud to move on/dissipate and then even after the airspace is opened again the planes are in all the wrong places and they still have to get everyone who missed a flight on a plane as well as people who had already booked. So it will be quite a while till things get back to normal.

But we've had the best weather since the Volcano start blue skies with absolutely no clouds or plane trails. And there's much less background noise (and I don't live that close to an airport).

FrankU

Hi David,

You caught me lurking today. The map is really confronting, so I gave up anonymity.
The Cattails are great, although I'd prefer a more brownish-greyish colour. I think the winter cattails are too red and the color is too saturated. But the seasonal effects are beautiful. A lot of work to get everything seasonal this way, but I am sure that you and some other SC4devotees are going to surprise us.
I am really sorry that I haven't even time enough to play the game in a satisfactory way. It 'd be nice to have the opprtunity to play the game and work on new developments much more.

Anyway, in my own small corner of the world I am working on some containerport stuff. Pity that I forgot my Photobucket-password at the moment, so I cannot upload anything..... Stupid.. ()what()

But that's not what I wanted to say. I saw that the number of views surpassed the 600k! Congratulations! &apls

I wish you success with your RealLife BAT projects for your house. :thumbsup:

EDITWell, you've exposed, Frank, a flaw in my otherwise perfect self (hah!)  I'm profoundly...

...colorblind.  Like life-choices limiting colorblind- that sort of thing.  So I muddle through, but don't look to me to coordinate anyone's drapes with the rest of their decor.  I've attached the four "400" level PNGs for the winter cattails to the bottom of this post- adjust as you would see fit and send 'em back.  I'd really like to please.
-DE

Samflash

Sorry David but I'm still not seeing the download link for your trees.  ()what()

EDITSam, I'll be posting a full set of the trees here later this morning.  If you are still stuck after that, PM me and I'll work out another way to get them to you.  Welcome my friend, btw, to 3RR! -DE

kimcar

Hello David . If you looking for some great tent or caravan , R6 did some really nice too . It`s in he`s last props pack
http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1686

EDITThose are fabulous!  I think we're getting enough props together to set up a pretty nice campground at this point.  Still need a campfire ring and hopefully someone out there has done some picnic tables.  Great find, my friend- that's the thing about the SC4 community- you generally don't have to wish for something for too very long. -DE

wes.janson

Those are fabulous!  I think we're getting enough props together to set up a pretty nice campground at this point.  Still need a campfire ring and hopefully someone out there has done some picnic tables.  Great find, my friend- that's the thing about the SC4 community- you generally don't have to wish for something for too very long. -DE

David, I think Pegasus has a nice picnic table in his MTP dependancy pack. If I recall correctly, it even looks rather weathered.. which most campground picnic tables tend to do.

Connor

I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one  ;)) have been lurking a lot in 3RR recently, though I thought I would make the effort to comment here in light of the brilliant (as usual) developments that are being showcased here.

And congratulations for surpassing 600k views  &apls

Connor

ldvger

David-

I found some campfire props on the STEX, don't remember the name of the author, found them by doing a search on the STEX for "campfires".  The prop pack has (2) sizes of campfire rings and some wood pile props, too.  If you can't find them, let me know, I could uplad them here for you.

Lora/LD

wes.janson

Quote from: ldvger on April 18, 2010, 12:19:21 PM
David-

I found some campfire props on the STEX, don't remember the name of the author, found them by doing a search on the STEX for "campfires".  The prop pack has (2) sizes of campfire rings and some wood pile props, too.  If you can't find them, let me know, I could uplad them here for you.

Lora/LD

I think this is the prop pack you are referring to.

dedgren

How many times have I told you not to stand in your food?

It's a pretty nice day here- just had to go hang out on the porch for a bit.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

dedgren

Well, if 'ya gotta do it, 'ya gotta do it.

As you've noticed, I've really gotten caught up in the seasonal ploppable stuff.  That's almost certainly because seasonal trees were so much a part and parcel of my original vision for collaboration.  The breakthrough earlier this month was, then, both a priceless gift and a terrible curse.  I now realize that there is a whole new dimension of the simulation that has been opened up, and it's hard not to take some time to explore that a bit.

Because of the way "game" snow works, any prop on the ground shows up snow free.  So you just can't do autumn leaves or grasses.  Fortunately, you don't have to.

Summer

Fall

Winter

I'm doing this with Chris's (chrisadams3997) fabulous Rural Rehabilitation Project flora.

These two are attached to the bottom of this post for you to play with.  If you haven't already DLd it, you also need to get the attached MODded Flora Tuning Parameters exemplar.

This stuff just cries out to be done in HD textures- when you start looking, the pixelization of the current BAT objects becomes way more apparent.  Any volunteers?

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mightygoose

well these are useful i guess XD

why dont you just shrink them by a scale factor of two then replace the textures.... i am sure that has been done elsewhere....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jmouse

David, these things are amazing - amazing is a way of life in 3RR, though, isn't it? :) I've DLed every one of the files and I'm looking forward to using them. I'm a bit too busy at the moment to be a beta tester, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers. Besides, I don't have HD.

Excellent idea and great work on the finished product.

Later...
Joan

joelyboy911

Quote from: Jmouse on April 19, 2010, 12:24:33 AM
Besides, I don't have HD.

Ah, Joan, you don't need an HD monitor to appreciate HD props :). When we talk about HD props, we're meaning ones that aren't pixelated in Zoom 6. I don't know if you've seen the thread, HD Props and Textures - Discussion, but in there, the process is discussed. Basically the textures that the model uses in-game are the same for Zoom5 and Zoom6, so the HD process makes them twice as large, and therefore they look detailed in Zoom6 instead of all pixely. It has its downsides, but that discussion belongs in the linked thread.

Hope I've told you something you didn't already know.  ;)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Glazert

The realisation of the seasonal flora idea has really taken off. It will be fun exploring how it affects the look and feel of the countryside.