• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

And my thirst has been quenched :P and just in time too  ;D  I was beyond being parched :P  Very, very nicely done my friend :thumbsup:  Double Shot Thursday?  Now you're trying to drown me :P :D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

JBSimio

Woohoo!  I love water!  Especially when it flows through one of those famous perfectly formed river beds...  :thumbsup:  I'm not sure exactly what you're going for, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I really like the spot there on the bend just before the rapids start.  It looks to me like a bit of a marshy section... I can imagine it as the first spot to flood when the water rises.  If that's not what it was meant to be... well then... at least I can say that it looks pretty cool either way!  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

bat

Great to see water in that river!
And nice pictures, looking forward to more... ;)

Lilojame

Hi there, my friend!

A wonderful "waterly" update! The river looks wonderful and the connection metween the ploable water and "game" water looks perfect.  &apls I hope that you dont mind me asking but... what did you used on the "rivers elbow", beside the rocks? It looks like somesort plopable grass...  ??? In any case it looks great!

Now if you excuse me, I will grab my swimsuit and go for a swiming... ow wait... are there any crocodils or piranhas in there? ;D

Looking foward to see more.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

Thats right folks today is Thursday and its another Double Shot day of update's so are you are ready? I know I am for sure ready!!! Cause lets start off here with some replies to Tuesday Veterans Update and then Wednesday's Update!!!!

Quote from: threestooges on November 11, 2008, 12:08:19 PM
Pat,

That was a truly splendid history of today's holiday and a very touching update. I would be interested in seeing more details of the army base as well as perhaps a description of what all is what. It looks like quite some effort went into its creation, and from the looks of things so custom lotting too. Well done, and thank you for making this tribute
-Matt.

Matt thank you and it took a little bit of time to gather some info but thank god for the net to help with research!!!  I think that might be a great update for next Thursdays Double Shot Update and I just might do that for sure....

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 11, 2008, 12:44:54 PM
You Sir, are a true Patriot.  Whether you agree or disagree with what's going on in the war fronts today, support for those men and women who sacrificed their time and lives for our freedom is paramount above all else.  Thank you for this tribute Pat.  My hat is off to you my friend &apls

Threestooges pretty much said the same thing I was thinking when rading through your Veterans Day tribute.  Look forward to see what you give us in your next update.

Hey Troy naw I am not so much a patriot at all I just love my freedom and I couldnt think of better tribute to do for all that have served... Thank you my friend!!!

Quote from: Simpson on November 11, 2008, 12:45:53 PM
Hi Pat
Your new update is very good. The army base is looking perfect, second picture is my preferate &apls
And also I'm looking forward to the next update my friend  :thumbsup:

Hi David thank you a lot and I am glad you liked the army base!!! thank you for your continued support!!!

Quote from: Schulmanator on November 11, 2008, 01:32:06 PM
A fitting tribute! And nice SimMilitary stuff. Where did you get that double barrelled missile launcher lot from? It rocks!

Hey Bruce thank you and I think its actually part of maxis props for the double barrelled missile launcher, the lot itself is a custom one that I did...

Quote from: Jmouse on November 11, 2008, 02:55:06 PM
What a wonderful tribute, Pat! Few if any pass through this world without being touched in some way by the sacrifices men and women of the military make for the love of country and their fellow countrymen.

Thank you for reminding us that they should be in our thoughts every waking moment of every day.
Joan

Joan thank you sooo much and no problem at all, its at least I can do...

Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 11, 2008, 03:10:32 PM
An appropriate Tribute to those who gave so much.

Nicely done too I may add.  ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Hey Derry very true and thank you!!!

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 11, 2008, 03:12:16 PM
What a fitting tribute, my friend--you did a fantastic job!

Dustin

Dustin thank you my friend!!!!

Quote from: kimcar on November 11, 2008, 04:03:25 PM
&apls &aplsGreat tribute Pat. I don`t know if is because you are an soldier  ( against fire ) but only a big heart think to do some move like that .  :thumbsup: Thanks for those heros and great base btw. :thumbsup:

Hey Kim its funnie that you say that well not funnie but you bring up a wonderful point I want to share with the community... Since I cant serve my country as a soldier in the armed services at all, I can at least serve my community as Volunteer Fire Fighter and EMS provider... I told that to one other member of my fire department cause he tried to sign up but something in his health record didnt check out and he said he never thought of it that way " We still serve our country by serving our community"...

Quote from: Lilojame on November 11, 2008, 05:28:18 PM
Well, well... I am kindda speacless. I can say you came up with a very nice tribute.

The army base you made looks intriguing and well composed. I have to say that in this specific case the grid has its purpuse and looks great.

Overal very good job!  :thumbsup:

Hey Lilojame thank you and I am sorry I left you speachless, again thank you a million!!!

Quote from: catty on November 12, 2008, 12:04:14 AM
A very appropriate update for Armistice Day

I especially like the Tomb of the Unknown Simsoldier it has a certain look about it ... very respectful 

I'm used to NZ Army bases and your army base looks so much better than a RL one.

In New Zealand while we remember Armistice Day, ours and Australia's day of remembrance is ANZAC Day on the 25th of April.

Hi Cathy its good to see you back in waterfalls, you should stop by more often.. I am glad you liked the Tomb of the UnK Simsoldier and also the base... I Do hope to see you back soon!!!

Quote from: tooheys on November 12, 2008, 02:29:13 AM
I think this may be appropriate:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we forget

Fitting update Pat. Nicely done.

Dave

Dave now that is what I call a fitting a honor thank you sir!!!

Quote from: bat on November 12, 2008, 06:19:45 AM
Nice work on that update! Nice pictures, too, Pat! :thumbsup:

Thank you Bat....

Wednesdays Replies.........................

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 12, 2008, 09:38:47 PM
And my thirst has been quenched :P and just in time too  ;D  I was beyond being parched :P  Very, very nicely done my friend :thumbsup:  Double Shot Thursday?  Now you're trying to drown me :P :D

LOL Troy yuppers be prepared to be drenched on thursday lol.... Thank you and I am glad that I got to satisfy your thirst for now lol....

Quote from: JBSimio on November 12, 2008, 11:46:37 PM
Woohoo!  I love water!  Especially when it flows through one of those famous perfectly formed river beds...  :thumbsup:  I'm not sure exactly what you're going for, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I really like the spot there on the bend just before the rapids start.  It looks to me like a bit of a marshy section... I can imagine it as the first spot to flood when the water rises.  If that's not what it was meant to be... well then... at least I can say that it looks pretty cool either way!  ;)

JB

Jon no need to forgive you at all and that is what I was trying for!!! You sir have an eagle eye!!!

Quote from: bat on November 13, 2008, 06:16:09 AM
Great to see water in that river!
And nice pictures, looking forward to more... ;)

Hey Bat thank you and I know aint it about time too lol....

Quote from: Lilojame on November 13, 2008, 07:32:54 AM
Hi there, my friend!

A wonderful "waterly" update! The river looks wonderful and the connection metween the ploable water and "game" water looks perfect.  &apls I hope that you dont mind me asking but... what did you used on the "rivers elbow", beside the rocks? It looks like somesort plopable grass...  ??? In any case it looks great!

Now if you excuse me, I will grab my swimsuit and go for a swiming... ow wait... are there any crocodils or piranhas in there? ;D

Looking foward to see more.

Hey Lilojame yuppers you are correct I did use ploppable grass unfortantley they are not avaible at this time as the creatore is MIA and the download links are not working...  Also no need to fear of croc's or piranhas in that river at all, the DNR wouldnt allow them there...

Double Shot Thursday Update # ONE!!!!!
OK so lets get on with the show here now right!!! So without further ado here we gooooooooooooo!!!!

So that is it for part one and make sure you come back for part two tonight!!!!!  Also dont forget to comment!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Two fantastic pictures there! Great details on that waterfall!!!
Wonderful two rivers. And looking forward to part two...

Lilojame

Awww I thought so... oh well, I will be desperatly waiting until and if they will become awailable again. Good to know, that I can carlessly swim around. =)

As for the update: it looks wonderful!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

blade2k5

To elaborate on what bat said in his post, you have a great eye for detail not only for the waterfalls, but for the rivers, the placing of different kinds of rocks, to the choice of water  color, to the variety of trees, to the look of the landscape in general.  The two pics you provided today in part 1 prove it without a doubt.  Excellent work my friend &apls 

I look forward to part 2 later on today :thumbsup:

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

kimcar

&apls &apls Great shot amigo. You should use them for pics competition.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Double Shot Thursday Update # TWO Now on the AIR!!!!!
Alright here is number two for double shot thursday and  So without further ado here we gooooooooooooo!!!!

So that is it for part Two of Double Shot Thrusday and thank you all for your wonderful comments and something diffrent with replies at the end...................

Quote from: bat on November 13, 2008, 12:05:17 PM
Two fantastic pictures there! Great details on that waterfall!!!
Wonderful two rivers. And looking forward to part two...

Hi Bat thank you and here I hope you enjoyed the second part of the update!!!

Quote from: Lilojame on November 13, 2008, 12:20:10 PM
Awww I thought so... oh well, I will be desperatly waiting until and if they will become awailable again. Good to know, that I can carlessly swim around. =)

As for the update: it looks wonderful!

Hey Lilojame, I hope so soon that Chrisadams gets them back up soon too cause I think I have a broken version that I never updated, but at least it still does somewhat of the trick... Just dont eat and swim OK!!! I do hope you enjoyed this update as well.....

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 13, 2008, 12:27:25 PM
To elaborate on what bat said in his post, you have a great eye for detail not only for the waterfalls, but for the rivers, the placing of different kinds of rocks, to the choice of water  color, to the variety of trees, to the look of the landscape in general.  The two pics you provided today in part 1 prove it without a doubt.  Excellent work my friend &apls 

I look forward to part 2 later on today :thumbsup:

Hi Troy thank you soo much there and that means a lot to me!!! I hope you only feel the same about part 2!!!

Quote from: kimcar on November 13, 2008, 12:38:00 PM
&apls &apls Great shot amigo. You should use them for pics competition.  :thumbsup:

Hey Kim thank you soo much and I thought about putting one of those in the pic comp but I dont know which one's would do well??

So OK all that concludes Thursday's Double Shot Updates and stay tuned for Friday update coming soon on friday lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

QuoteI hope you only feel the same about part 2!!!

I hope so too :D ::)  Yeah, it's all good...well better than good.  This comes to mind &apls &apls

Lilojame

Hey hey!

Dont worry, I never eat when I have the oportunity to swim. ;)

Ok, lets see... I have to say that the plopable grass makes all the difference! I realy like both pictures, the second one the most.  &apls Very good looking update!

Looking foward to see more. :)

Simpson

Wow  :o these two picture are superb and so réalistic. Your lakes are always so beautiful
Great work with the RRP
Take care my friend  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Terrific photos, Pat. Good use of reefs, rocks and grasses. I'll be trying out some of your techniques as soon as I get my new system built.

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Nice work on the double shot Pat. The falls look good and that's a great use of the muddy water. I would suggest considering plopping a few plants of some sort along the border with the blue TPW to break up the transition a bit, but aside from that, it looks pretty darn good.
-Matt

Pat

Hey all its still friday and to let you know in advance Saturday's and Sunday's Updates will be late as well... I am working all weekend long and I happy woohoo!!! 24 hrs total this weekend Yay!!! OK anyways enough of the blabbling from me and I guess you want me to say these most famous words and now without further ado here we goooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

So that will concluded todays update friday 11/14/08 and remember to comment on what you like and dont like here in waterfalls!!! I do take critizm very well here and I usally go back and fix what someone has pointed out... It may take me awhile but I do go back and fix it...

IE Matt has suggested that I add more flora to the marsh area and I will get to it asap... Matt knows I will do so and I will probally within a few updates here I will get back to this area again....  SO once again I do hope you all enjoyed Friday's Update and Remeber to leave your mark that you was here lol!!!

Cheers,

Patrick

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Simpson

Thse two picture are really splendid my friend as well
Fantastic work on them
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Lookin' good, Pat! I can't get enough of the TPW and assorted accessories, guess because it looks different every time folks use it. Once again, I really like the goldiva (I think??) reefs. Every time I try to plop them they look like ... well, they don't look like reefs or rocks!  ;)

Later...
Joan

bat