• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten's Power Line BAT Thread

Started by MandelSoft, November 29, 2010, 12:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Hi Maarten,

I really am not sure, but I think you painted them in a correct way.
The pylons are usually gray, maybe because the galvanization process makes them that way. Otherwise they are painted that way, because gray does not attract too much attention. The red tops for the very high pylons are exactly meant for the other way around: they need to attract attention for the flying machinery.

Anyway: these are great. Also I like the substation at the end of the line. Up to now I have not seen really working solutions for this. It always appeared strange to me that the power lines just stop somewhere in the middle of a city.

At last: functionality is not really important to me. I use a mod that makes it superfluous to draw power- and water lines around my cities. But for eye candy they are beautiful!  &apls

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

The power keeps flowing!  :)  Good work, Maarten.  :thumbsup:

Personally, I'm glad the main pylons are gray instead of red.  I've had my fill of the Maxis candy cane pylons anyway.  Actually, the only red power poles I have seen in RL are those that are rusted.  Then again, I can see why red/white pylons might be needed for river crossings.  No electric companies here in the U.S. seem to use them.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

There was a slight error with the substation pylon. A fix is uploaded now...

mrbisonm

Quote from: metarvo on December 11, 2010, 06:51:55 AM
  I'm glad the main pylons are gray instead of red. No electric companies here in the U.S. seem to use them.

I have seen some in New England, such as in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, but only over large rivers. I think that they exist in every advanced country possible mostly to cross large or x-tra large rivers, where airplanes might follow the river's path. They are mostly fully red and white though, but I guess that differs from region to region and/ or country to country.

fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 11, 2010, 07:30:33 AM
I have seen some in New England, such as in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont

Since I've never been to any of those states, I guess this explains why I've never seen any.  My region uses gray pylons for all situations, including river crossings.  With that being said, the towers in my region are probably shorter than the ones used elsewhere, meaning that they would pose little threat to airplanes.  However, I have seen a number of red-and-white radio towers (with red flashing lights at night), which are evidently painted this way to warn airplane pilots.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Buzzit

maarten
what a fantastic release this is!
i totally love them in game!
i used them for one of my longest lines in my region!
fantastic!

anyways about the pylons with the red and white patterns..
i holland we don't have it at river crossings for some reason..
accually there's only one place wich have those and thats near a military base.
The crossing pylons over here are just in ther normal colour.

as far as i know in belgium its diffrent..
when powerlines cross the highways the 2 pylons that crosses it are painted the red and white(for some unexplainable reason the structure on top is the only thing that is painted. the arms aren't painted). and the pylons that cross the rivers are painted aswell.

correct me if im wrong people from Belgium!

MandelSoft

I'm working on a new pylon mode now:

It's a dutch pylon. I find it a quite cool design.

Best,
Maarten

io_bg

Looks great. I think I've seen similar pylons in Bulgaria, too.
If you ever run out of ideas for power pylons, here are some :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

FrankU

Hi Maarten,

I got the German pylons into my plugins already. Thanks.
The Dutch one looks even better, though.

MandelSoft

Next pack is up on the STEX!:

Best,
Maarten

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

ivo_su

Maarten today I took off this German  set of lines and I can say  that there are things  I really  like it. Nprimer highest pylons you are unique

It is a pity that they are made so that it can be only two on each side. It would be much nicer if there was an average song that I can use these pilots not only over the rivers. Maybe it is critical of me but why not make the wires in black - would be more realistic. My other question is because I know that you are the best in the T21 why not make a mod to replace the transmission lines of Maxi's. I think it would be much more convenient to build a grid with a slide rather than piece by piece and if there is someone who can do this, it definitely just you.

- Ivo