• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

benno's bats

Started by benno, January 01, 2012, 12:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benno

this is my first post here and this is what im working on at the moment.

FrankU

Hi Benno,
FrankU here.

Looking great!   :thumbsup:

benno

thanks FrankU, another small preview.

Sciurus

Excellent BAT construction! It's usefull, we miss it in the game!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

benno

some shots of my bat ingame what do you think?

vester

The construction site look good.

BTW: Please convert your picture from png to jpg.
Png-files is a bit heavy. You can use the program IrfanView for easy convertion.
If you set the compression/quality rate to around 70-80, you will not be able to see it and the file size goes way down.

apeguy

Very good, we need more buildings like this. :) :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

whatevermind

That is beautiful, and incredibly realistic.  Excellent attention to details to add to the realism - the trailers, the fencing, the rebar, the plywood, etc.  Just two suggestions, first the crane cables tend to disappear into the background, making the plywood bundle appear to float in air.  Maybe adding some more shine or thickness to these could help them be slightly more visible (and just slightly more, they don't need to be blindingly visible).  Also, some construction workers would be good, there don't appear to be any people at the site.  A cluster of the standing-around-workers that you see on Maxis industrial lots somewhere outside the trailers is an idea.  Maybe also some sims on the highest floor.

benno

thanks for all the comments, does anyone no where i could get some construction workers for my bat if it be dependencies or as 3ds max construction people?

FrankU

Benno, this is very very good work!  &apls
Is the BAT in HD? It looks so shiny and detailed.

Rady

Impressive work, benno, love the details, especially the freight elevator!

Only thing I would suggest is to give the concrete and blue fence texture a little bit more of a structure, it kinda looks to smooth for me, if you get what I mean. Especially the grey 'roof' and the tower look more like a grey paint then a texture to me. What do you think?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps