• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Quote from: Tarkus on May 24, 2007, 02:25:36 PM
...And the next NAM is very, very close--can't give a release date, though.   ;)

Oh, Alex! How you tease us so! I'll be waiting patiently...but not too patiently!

Tarkus

Quote from: thundercrack83 on May 25, 2007, 10:45:53 AM
Oh, Alex! How you tease us so! I'll be waiting patiently...but not too patiently!

Well, you won't have to be too patient, fortunately.  If that gives you any idea . . .  ;)

-Alex

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on May 25, 2007, 11:16:45 AM
Well, you won't have to be too patient, fortunately.  If that gives you any idea . . .  ;)

-Alex

Let me guess, it's going to be released on Memorial Day (tomorrow).  Am I right? LOL. $%Grinno$%
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 27, 2007, 07:13:00 PM
Let me guess, it's going to be released on Memorial Day (tomorrow).  Am I right? LOL. $%Grinno$%

Almost . . . almost.  I can tell you the NAM is not coming out tomorrow.  I can also tell you it won't be Tuesday either. :D ;)

-Alex

Travis

Quote from: Tarkus on May 27, 2007, 08:29:12 PM
Almost . . . almost.  I can tell you the NAM is not coming out tomorrow.  I can also tell you it won't be Tuesday either. :D ;)

It's got to be Wednesday.  ;D

Filasimo

if no fireworks tomorrow i would say no later than june 1 which sucks bc if it does launch june 1 ill only have 4 days to mess with it bc ill be in seattle for a week starting june 5  :'(
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Not necessarily. $%Grinno$%  I haven't given anything away.

-Alex

mittfh

Looking at that seven lane road made me think of a fake Aston Expressway - a unique stretch of motorway in the UK as it spends a couple of miles as a seven lane single carriageway.

Of course, in the real version, the configuration is usually 3+1+3 (with the centre lane restricted to all traffic, thus the road behaves like a six lane dual carriageway), but during mornings and evenings, tidal flow sets in, whereby overhead gantries change the arrangement to 4+1+2 or 2+1+4.

Somehow, I doubt that would be possible in SC4 without a major rewrite of the traffic simulator (a coding nightmare!) and probably several hundred lines of EXE code as well - so beyond the scope of even the most dedicated BATters.

BigSlark

Alex,
You're frustrating. The Other NAM'ers just lounge around laughing at the peons while you taunt us! No more, no less, despite the fact your modding skillz amaze me.

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Hey Kevin-

I am indeed frustrating.  :D ;)  People accused me of taunting quite awhile ago with RHW Development, so I just kind of got in the habit of it.  It's all meant in jest, of course.  To quote sportscaster Chris Myers [linkage], "I kid because I care."  In truth, I'm probably just as excited about these mods as you guys are. 

And to tease again (I can't help it :D), you really don't have long to wait until certain things happen.  It's "Down at the edge, round by the corner", so to speak [linkage].   :D

And just to take the edge off the teasing, here's a somewhat old pic, which hints at some future developments:

-Alex

Masochist

Quote from: Tarkus on May 30, 2007, 05:19:46 PM
And to tease again (I can't help it :D), you really don't have long to wait until certain things happen.  It's "Down at the edge, round by the corner", so to speak [linkage].   :D

Darn you, Tarkus $%Grinno$%!!!

Quote from: Tarkus on May 30, 2007, 05:19:46 PM
And just to take the edge off the teasing, here's a somewhat old pic, which hints at some future developments:

-Alex

Bless you, Tarkus ;D!!!
(Under Construction)

rickmastfan67

You rock Tarkus.  Hit me up on MSN tonight if you can. ;)

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

thundercrack83

Well, this is quite interesting! I can't wait to see where this is heading. Great work, Alex, as always!

Filasimo

:cross fingers: please make ramps for those pieces please plase plase!!!  :D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Ryan B.

Quote from: Filasimo on May 30, 2007, 06:46:36 PM
:cross fingers: please make ramps for those pieces please plase plase!!!  :D
I have this very strange feeling you're going to get your wish.  I don't know anything for sure (Tarkus doesn't let on much :P), but I have a feeling it's gonna be possible.

BigSlark

Quote from: Masochist on May 30, 2007, 06:22:26 PM
Darn you, Tarkus $%Grinno$%!!!

Bless you, Tarkus ;D!!!

Indeed.

So, when are RHW traffic circles/roundabouts coming?  ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

This thread hasn't seen an update in a little bit . . . so here's a sneek peek at some of the textures that may make it into the TLA:

BigSlark

Excellent work! Can't wait to see what's next.

A quick question...are there going to be any reflectors with TLA?

Pat

Sweeeeeeeet so is TLA close or still far off from a beta?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rickmastfan67

Quote from: burgsabre87 on June 30, 2007, 08:53:24 PM
This thread hasn't seen an update in a little bit . . . so here's a sneek peek at some of the textures that may make it into the TLA:

Very nice!!  But I would suggest first fixing the street intersection. ;)