• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Real Expressway Mod REW (Development and Support)

Started by eggman121, November 23, 2016, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Thanks for all the comments and likes everyone  :thumbsup:

Here are a few new teaser development pics....

OWR 4 and 5 with A1 Ramps

The Ramps used in an inside and outside capacity.

So... The ramps will act as both inside and outside ramps which should give some new character too the REW

We don't want the REW to be an exact replica of the RHW  :P So this mod will possess some new functionality which will make it more favorable to use the REW in some instances.

-eggman121

Gugu3

noahclem

Excellent work  &apls  It's more and more clear how vital of a function this project will play in my cities  :)

eggman121

Thanks for all the likes and comments everyone ;D

Here are the B1 Ramps for OWR 4 and OWR 5

It does not take too long to make the ramps thanks to Rivit's Texture Bender Tool. My metaphorical hat is off too him  :thumbsup:

I have made an IID scheme that encompasses most the parts for the first release.

This is a really fun project to work on since I am only working with textures and only have on set to consider.  %BUd%

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Sorry eggman, but You've made a terrible mistake, and I'm not sure how I would be able to forgive you... Where is the download link... ??!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very nice work, this project is amazing!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls  :bnn:

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

_Michael

dyoungyn

Truly does look ABSOLUTELY amazing.  However, I consider AVE4/OWR2 for local county highways and if traffic is as such to needs widening then AVE6/7 is the max work around.  Anything beyond that is RHW.

I do understand REW is one way roads and as such everything is tailored as such.

I must re-emphasize though this is again amazing and a HUGE leap of possibilities.

Keep up the great and wonderful achievements and thank so much for sharing.

brick_mortimer

Quote from: eggman121 on April 20, 2017, 12:37:39 AM
...The ramps will act as both inside and outside ramps...
Awesome!  :bnn:
Thanks for all your work  &apls
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

mgb204

I must say hat's off to you for the progress here. The ability to nicely split from the OWR networks, added to the FTL pieces Tarkus is working on, will combine neatly. I keep hearing REW compared to RHW, but there is a great use for such RHW-style approach to road networks. It allows major artery roads to have a huge injection of flexibility, allowing for some interesting new setup scenarios. I for one can't wait to play with all the new options.

kbieniu7

Hey, that's gonna be very useful! You're doing a great job, thank you very much!  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

druidlove

These look great. It may put the Maxis Ave-4 tool to extinction. One question: how will this fit in with the FTL project seen? I see some similarity between the two...

eggman121

I have made a video of for the current workings of the REW

Sit back and enjoy  :popcorn:

https://www.youtube.com/v/kgYCpqZEbGs

I will fill in comments soon ;)

-eggman121

APSMS

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

Love the flex curves.  Again not sure about the REW8/10 though.  However, I can see a use for them in cities for regular oneway roads and finally better Oneway road curves. 

Great job and would love to see a sample of what your stupendous work would look like in the region transport view. 

matias93

Quote from: dyoungyn on May 07, 2017, 08:38:34 PM
Love the flex curves.  Again not sure about the REW8/10 though.  However, I can see a use for them in cities for regular oneway roads and finally better Oneway road curves. 

Great job and would love to see a sample of what your stupendous work would look like in the region transport view.

In one word: ROUNDABOUTS. Beautiful, huge and adequately capable roundabouts. Paris-inspired cities will become much more feasible now...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Gugu3

Seaman

Quote from: matias93 on May 07, 2017, 11:03:18 PM
In one word: ROUNDABOUTS. Beautiful, huge and adequately capable roundabouts. Paris-inspired cities will become much more feasible now...

I am afraid not quite (only ortho intersections) since the flexcurves do not support intersections. But it's a step in the right direction. Anyway these curves are most welcome here since the RHW flexcurves have become so handy I'm kind of used to it...

Is there a draggable pattern for the 1-tile flexcurves?

matias93

Quote from: Seaman on May 08, 2017, 08:49:45 AM
Quote from: matias93 on May 07, 2017, 11:03:18 PM

I am afraid not quite (only ortho intersections) since the flexcurves do not support intersections. But it's a step in the right direction. Anyway these curves are most welcome here since the RHW flexcurves have become so handy I'm kind of used to it...

Is there a draggable pattern for the 1-tile flexcurves?

Maybe something along the lines of the RHW Quick interchanges could be done for REW roundabouts, with stubs for diagonal networks. But obviously, this is incremental, and can be delayed to a next release.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Vizoria

Tyberius06

Oh, Man! This REW project is huge. The previosly mentioned inside ramps are very promising, and these multi curves will be very handy as well.
For me they could replace the RHWs inside my future cities, and they will have much more possibilities! :) Well done!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.