• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

art128

Lovely little scene, Robin. The rocks, cattails and trees all bend together really well. :)

Thank Arthur.  I'm trying my best to mix together everything.  Everyone my be surprised that today I destroyed the entire area.  I didn't like what I saw and redid it all.  I have been at it for most of the day now....about 6 hours or so.  Time flies when you are very busy. - Robin
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Well done Robin &apls

Thanks a lot! - Robin

rooker1

A few more pics of the area in different lights and seasons.

Click to view full size.

I am beginning to realize it's not me that is making these great scenes, it's the brushes.  A big thanks to all that have made all these MMPs lately.  It makes our lives so much easier to make scnes like these!

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nbvc

Fantastic landscapes. &apls

Thanks, after seeing some of your work, it means a lot. - Robin

Terring7

Beautiful and peaceful pictures :)

That was my goal.....beutiful and peaceful, thanks for stopping by. - Robin
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

MandelSoft

Oh my, that flora is just simply awesome! I'm speechless!

Thanks a lot.  I think I am getting better.  It definitley doesn't take me as long any more. - Robin
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Lovely pictures again Robin  &apls  I'm so happy with the way the water looks.

I've been playing the tile Iu, focusing initially on building a motorway through the tile along the route we've agreed upon. The ridge at the northern end of the tile was a bit higher than we realized (about 420m elevation at the lowest point of the top) so the building has been a bit challenging. Our slope mod for highways is set to 5, equivalent to a bit over a 6% grade taking into account the game's vertical scale distortion, but by curving the highway and making a cut for the road at the top I was able to build the road in a way I'm happy with. I've implemented it as Symphony but the layout is designed to make it possible to eventually upgrade to RHW6/8-C. Not sure if we'll ever want to do that but it's good to keep our options open.

Here are the overview shots:

These scenes are MMP-free, all trees are courtesy of Vortext's tree controllers with Willy's tweaks. Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse but I just can't say enough good things about his work. Love it.

The plan is for there to be two interchanges in Iu. I've been wobbling back and forth on the first interchange between various types of parclo, diamond, and more complicated interchanges. Your suggestions are more than welcome and you can see one of my ideas in the overview pictures. Here is another idea:

If you like our slopes you're welcome to try out our slope mod, which you can get from here

Happy St. Patrick's Day  :party:

MandelSoft

Nice stuff with Symphony! It looks it has been put in good use...

Protip, on the bottom interchange, extend the tiles of the MHW one tile extra to make proper transitions...

Thanks Maarten and I appreciate the tip  :thumbsup:  Do you have a sign set you'd recommend for NORO?

-Noah
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jmouse

Nice work, Robin. I like the first and second ones (in that order) best because they are more colorful. The other two are very attractive as well, though. I think you pretty much have the waterway-detail work down pat.

And Noah, there you go again with those amazing motorways of yours. And thanks for the slope mod. If I ever find 15 minutes I can spare, I'll open the game and try out some of these new toys.

You guys are doing a wonderful job, and each of you has an individual style that compliments the other...
-Joan

Gugu3

rooker1

Today's challenge is for you. 
My team doesn't know what I am up to.  $%#Ninj2 I am looking for a log cabin/lodge.  Needs to be about 2x2 minimum and of very good quality.  If you can provide link and a pic or two, I would appreciate it.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

Uh oh, Robin is going rogue!  :D

Quote from: rooker1 on March 20, 2013, 03:32:18 PM
I am looking for a log cabin/lodge.

Maybe a little too big but Girafe's Edelweiss Chalet is pretty nice.

Could work. - Robin
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Quote from: rooker1 on March 20, 2013, 03:32:18 PM
I am looking for a log cabin/lodge.  Needs to be about 2x2 minimum and of very good quality.

Joan !?!

Noah: Forest as long as the eye can see. Feel at home ?

I definitely have hers in mind. - Robin

Yes Arne  :D  -Noah

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rooker1

Here are a few of my thoughts.....

Fish Tale Ale Brew Pub by Simgoober
A little big but very nice model.

CAL Brixham Sculling Club by callagrafx

May or may not be able to use this one as I need to check and see if the boat launch is BATted with the rest of the model.  This one is nice becasue it has some small boats and may fit in well with my ideas.

CAL Return to Summerton Mill BSC by callagrafx

Very nice model, may be a little small for what I have in mind, but still might be able to use it in the area.

CAL Summerton Mill BSC by callagrafx

Another great looking model, might be too small again but I like that water wheel.

CAL The Old Coach House BSC by callagrafx

Awesome looking model and I like the idea that it use to be an old coach house converted into what I need it for....not a bed and breakfast. ::)  Might be too small.

CAL Murphy's Pub BSC by callagrafx

Not exactly what I asked everyone for, but I couldn't keep my eyes off it.  I think it may work for what I want.

Any one of these will need to be reLOTted for what I need and I do like them all, including the ones suggestted by you guys. ()testing()
The search goes on.
Robin ;)
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

Curious to learn what you're planning on Robin!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Great collection of BATs you've accumulated for this project Robin! I'm very curious to see where this project will end up  :thumbsup:

metarvo

I did a little cabin scouting myself, but all the cabins I found were too small.  &Thk/(  So, I regret that I wasn't able to help you there, but it looks like you've got a fairly large list of possibilities already.  I look forward to seeing which one you pick.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Dantes

Show in SG Prop pack in LE:
SG_MountainCabin01

and peg:

peg_logcabin_s1
:)

rooker1

The last two polls I have forgotten to post the results when the polls were over.  So here they are now.

Here we have decided to go with closer to 50% of that area will be a Natural Reserve.
Thank you for your input everyone.

Our winner of this little Competion is Joan (Jmouse) and she should be watching for her reward in the coming updates.

Some new picutres should be coming from one us any time soon, althogth, both Willy and Noah are a little busy with real life right now.

Enjoy!
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.