• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Invermere Lake by szarkoz

Started by szarkoz, April 01, 2007, 04:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipside

Beautiful mosaic, beautiful dam.  :o

szarkoz

First of all I'm sorry that I won't reply to your great comments (I'm really happy of all of them, and I'd like to thank you all very much), but I'm exhausted at the moment and I'm just about to go to sleep.

Anyway, let's move to the 2nd update of Invermere Lake! :)

To start, let's take a look at some mostly nature shots. Today's pictures were taken in the early morning, so it's still quite dark ;)

Moving a little more to south, there are hot springs. They've become a tourist attraction in the area.

Tourists mean money and money means people that want to make business. As hot springs had become more and more popular, a little town has grown. It is named after the neighbouring Mt. Klamath. The town is called Klamath Creek. I've prepared some descriptions of main buildings for you.

Well, that's all for this, 2nd update. I know that's not really much, but believe me, I don't have much time to play SC4 recently. Anyway, see you soon in next update!

Thanks for your comments in advance.
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

Tarkus

szarkoz, this is a really nice start to this MD, and your nature pics are very impressive.  You've really put ploppable water to good use, and I can never get enough of wheatfields.  The use of the name "Klamath" also gives me a sense of familiarity, as here in Oregon, we've got a ton of stuff named Klamath, including the city of Klamath Falls, which paradoxically, has no falls anywhere around.

-Alex

jplumbley

Very nice!!  I love the river....  Even with it laid out the way it was you still seemed to make it better than I could have imagined!  That public pool on the river is just.... :satisfied:  There aren't words to describe it!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Mulefisk

Brilliant work so far! &apls
This is my first visit to this MD, and I have to say, i'm impressed.
I especially like that picture of the bridge going over the river on the first page.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

bat

great mosaic and wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

Emperor Stormont

The mosaic looks stunning, fantastic work. Love the small town look and the rolling natural landscape.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

kwakelaar

This is looking very good, great use of ploppalble water (which one are you using?) and I like the hotspring areas with the huge boulders. Also a nice small town you have created around the hotel, all in all a very enjoyable update. :thumbsup:

Heinz

i like the way you put up text within the picture to really show what you are writing about. you make reading your MD so easy and enjoyable

thundercrack83

The second update is spectacular! I love the mosaic that you made for the first picture, and the captions within the rest of the pictures telling the story of Klamath Creek is great. I can't wait to see what you're going to do next!

dedgren

Tomek-

The first foot or so of PW shoreline plop rocks/outcroppings below the stone arch bridge is the best use of them I've ever seen.  Ever.  That is major scenic beauty.

There ought to be an audible signal or something when you update- it's an event!

Great stuff.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Air6

Great update. I like the hotspring, its a very original place.

Serkanner

I can only concur with the people who have responded before me. This second update is as good as the first one and has made it even more clear that I will follow this MD till the end.  :thumbsup:

emilin

I have no idea how you manage to make that plopped stuff look so good. You must spend hours and hours and hours on it - or simple be a genius of some sort. The level of detail in your pictures is amazing.  :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

Excellent work again . I'm astonished to see how a custom terrain texture and MAXIS' pines can fit together ...this mosaic is superb . I'm surprised too by the reflection of the bridge in ploppable water and the same reflection of all ploppables rocks and trees on the two pictures following the mosaic ... ::)
Great use of water flora .
Klamath Creek seems to be a lovely and peaceful little town  :thumbsup:... I understand tourists .... and trouts fishermen . ;D

Don't worry about the size of your updates , I'm sure most of us prefer this quality than quantity . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Wow.......I never been here before and I'm not sure why.  My bad, very bad.  I'm here now and love it.  Great start.  Very rural, scenic and nicely laid out.  I love jeronij's rail bridge, it always looks good in these types of setting.  Very good job on the mosaics.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

M4346

I love your attention to detail (such as the aquatic plants), your added info, and stunning editing of the photos! I love it all!  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Thornton

Excellent Mosaic, I just love the little blurbs of information you added in, I'll be watching this MD.  &apls  &apls

szarkoz

Not much to write today. I'm really happy that I got so many comments, I'll reply to most of them by tomorrow.
As for today, here you go with two little mosaics of the upcoming town of Lockney. The town is located further to south, about 2 kilometres (1.2 miles) away from Klamath Creek. Lockney has about 4000 inhabitants and the mosaics below present residential areas.

If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

thundercrack83

Beautiful mosaics, szarkoz! I can't wait to see more!