• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Well done Pat! :thumbsup:  I love the last waterfall that you showed - good piece of work.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

OK update time and its a special update combining 2 things here.... One a special tribute to Ryan and Two the region of Tri Rivers.... So grab your favorite drinks and snackage enjoy - pat........... Oooooooooh btw the movie is almost 3 minutes long..... Click here to watch the Movie...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Pat

:D :D Dustin come and get it.........................

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dioangel

Most excellent strategies I evern seen!!  &apls You did an excellent job working on the waterfalls!!  &apls

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

kimcar

&apls Great movie you did my friend . I know that it`s take a while to do. Thanks for the DEW and congrats for 250 Post  &apls :thumbsup:

Jmouse

You are getting just too good at playing the game, making movies and posting updates.!  :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

OK so I'm making a judgment call here as it seems that CAM has had a rather not so good reaction to my plugins folder I'm scrapping this project...  Not Waterfalls i will keep going with it as i showcase what i do with PW and what nots... But CAM alas has failed me somehow somewhere when i tried to restructure the plugins to adapt to CAM baaaaaaaaaaaad idea no do that...

One thing i learned from Nardo or Bernhard to make back ups (you hear him saying that after he leaves a comment anywhere) and guess what i did with my plugins pre CAM backed it up....  Thank god i did cause my plugins work now when trying to load sc4... but the problem i was running into was the game would load to region view no problem even in a blank new region no problems but the minute i clicked a city to load it acted as it would load then pooooooooooooof CTD, then Damn it not again was the next thing to say lol...

I by am not advocating to not to use cam that is not the point at all.... Just for me and my plugins its not happening at this moment till i figure out what went wrong, either me or it lol i dont know buttttttttttttttt

Filasimo

that was a great vid pat and thats decent ya did that for us and it was an honor that my comment got ya in ya deserve it buddy! hope things work out and u figure out what was up with the CAM
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the CAM, my friend. I hope you can get it all straightened out! And by the way, I loved the video, too! Great work! And CAM or no CAM, I'll be looking forward to seeing your next update!

Schulmanator

Sorry to hear about the problems, but I am glad you are still making great stuff. I will go CAM one of these days. Right now, all of myplaces are too small. Hang in there!!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

TheTeaCat

Pat bad luck with the cam. Such is life my experience of it wasnt great at first. but I seemed to get it going ok. after a lot of perserverance ;)  I mean a lot! ie reinstall everyplugin took 22hrs to make sure each read me was followed. My goodness the number of missing links. Shoulda kept a track of them all but am missing just one dependency. grrrr. do i not know wat it is. i think its something from pegs site.

BooHoo - I cannot see your vid the link dont work for me and i tried it in IE and firefox. oh well and I even made you a raspberry tea while I made mine sat myself down on my new comfy cushion and ........... nothing  dur

Ok how about a region shot to compensate? And I know I'm not the only one who'd like to see one ::)

Glad to hear waterfalls aint dead. I shall be back.
ps wikked pic

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dioangel

Oh god I hope that's fixed up... Hang in there Pat!! I feel your pain my friend!

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Jmouse

Stick with it, Pat. You're an old hand at dealing with emergencies, so I have complete confidence in your cool head.
I do plan to start a new MD as soon as I finish terraforming the stupid seaport, so maybe I'll be one of the first to start one from the ground up with CAM installed. And what an opportunity - if I screw it up, I can blame it on CAM.  :thumbsup:
(*Guess I shouldn't have said that in public, huh!*)

Until next time...
Joan

tooheys

Pat, sorry to here that but at least you can continue on with your MD.

Maybe these guys might be able to help kill those
nasty system bugs  :)

Dave

Strechnitz

Hello Pat,

After my return from holiday I lost your MD! their I go commenting on many of the interesting threads I follow but I could not find you. I leave this forum for less than a  fortnight and you change the title and location of your MD! ;)

What are you playing at? Are you misleading me on purpose? $%Grinno$%

ok serious now, congratulations with your rise to the classic section. A well deserved place for you, glad you got here now. I hope to become your neighbour again in a post or 10  ;D

A shame to have that CAM problem. I hope you can work on a solution to keep continuing your work. so, fingers crossed pal!

Strechnitz.

Eddie

Pat working on urban areas?  ()what()

Wha-what's going on?  :D This CJ is great entertainment. I love looking back on previous pages and admiring the work put into it. Great job.

meinhosen

Sorry to hear that the CAM is causing you a bit of heartache.  Looks like you and I are having similar problems with it... perhaps a bit of perseverance is needed, or maybe you (like me) own a plugins folder and computer that aren't CAM-patible. *go ahead and groan at that*

I've enjoyed seeing what you've done during June and July, and I"m happy to hear that you're not scrapping Waterfalls because of the CAM issues.  I'll be looking forward to seeing more.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Pat

Wow I feel loved these last few days thank you everyone i will have a new update sooon but first im gonna some replys to some wonderful comments.....

Will finish with comments later when i get home... Some friends are taking me out!!!

Quote from: sebes on August 09, 2007, 01:11:41 PM
Well done Pat! :thumbsup:  I love the last waterfall that you showed - good piece of work.

Sebes my friend thank you for coming in and supporting me i feel such like a heel i left you out in the replies in the video i promiss i wont forget you next vid i do....

Quote from: dioangel on August 10, 2007, 04:27:38 PM
Most excellent strategies I evern seen!!  &apls You did an excellent job working on the waterfalls!!  &apls

Hey linda its great to see you over here finaly. thank you i have some great talent here to draw from... even better source of encouragement from all here...

Quote from: kimcar on August 10, 2007, 05:37:56 PM
&apls Great movie you did my friend . I know that it`s take a while to do. Thanks for the DEW and congrats for 250 Post  &apls :thumbsup:

KimCar its great to see you back and thank you for the compliments on the movie and you are most welcome for the Dew....

Quote from: Jmouse on August 10, 2007, 07:44:46 PM
You are getting just too good at playing the game, making movies and posting updates.!  :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

Joan thank you i appricate your support you are the one that keeps me a posting and wanting to make it even better to wow you some more  ;)

Quote from: Filasimo on August 11, 2007, 12:58:28 PM
that was a great vid pat and thats decent ya did that for us and it was an honor that my comment got ya in ya deserve it buddy! hope things work out and u figure out what was up with the CAM

Ryan as they say this ones for ya's well that vid is just for ya's man!!! thank you for making the 250th comment here. I hope to verry soon have CAM straightend out....  I've heard the saying allready once you go CAM you never go back!!! its sooooooooo true and i want me CAM back lol

Quote from: thundercrack83 on August 11, 2007, 01:00:24 PM
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the CAM, my friend. I hope you can get it all straightened out! And by the way, I loved the video, too! Great work! And CAM or no CAM, I'll be looking forward to seeing your next update!

Dustin my good friend thank you for the support, i know its frustrating to have problems with CAM see my response to Ryan to further CAM lol..... I soo hope to have an update soon...

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 11, 2007, 02:02:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems, but I am glad you are still making great stuff. I will go CAM one of these days. Right now, all of myplaces are too small. Hang in there!!  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator i will always make great stuff as long as i have the greats to draw from and as long as people keep coming back to see what i do im happy...

Quote from: TheTeaCat on August 11, 2007, 02:15:12 PM
Pat bad luck with the cam. Such is life my experience of it wasnt great at first. but I seemed to get it going ok. after a lot of perserverance ;)  I mean a lot! ie reinstall everyplugin took 22hrs to make sure each read me was followed. My goodness the number of missing links. Shoulda kept a track of them all but am missing just one dependency. grrrr. do i not know wat it is. i think its something from pegs site.

BooHoo - I cannot see your vid the link dont work for me and i tried it in IE and firefox. oh well and I even made you a raspberry tea while I made mine sat myself down on my new comfy cushion and ........... nothing  dur

Ok how about a region shot to compensate? And I know I'm not the only one who'd like to see one ::)

Glad to hear waterfalls aint dead. I shall be back.
ps wikked pic

Derry

Derry no fears waterfall will never run dry lol..... I know you finaly saw the vid after i emailed it to ya's lol...

Quote from: dioangel on August 11, 2007, 02:44:38 PM
Oh god I hope that's fixed up... Hang in there Pat!! I feel your pain my friend!

Linda im excited to have you here and i will most defintly get it fixxed up....

Quote from: Jmouse on August 11, 2007, 09:19:43 PM
Stick with it, Pat. You're an old hand at dealing with emergencies, so I have complete confidence in your cool head.
I do plan to start a new MD as soon as I finish terraforming the stupid seaport, so maybe I'll be one of the first to start one from the ground up with CAM installed. And what an opportunity - if I screw it up, I can blame it on CAM.  :thumbsup: (*Guess I shouldn't have said that in public, huh!*)

Until next time...
Joan

LoL Joan you are sooo awsome love ya's... I know you will do good once you hitt this road well traveled with the rest of us... Dont worry im not gonna let this CAM bug kill my want to have CAM in my city i will conquer lol

Quote from: tooheys on August 11, 2007, 11:22:57 PM
Pat, sorry to here that but at least you can continue on with your MD.

Maybe these guys might be able to help kill those
nasty system bugs  :)

Dave

Dave you are a blast man i love it.... Im not gonna give up on CAM yet just have to rework it a bit....

Quote from: Strechnitz on August 15, 2007, 10:32:58 AM
Hello Pat,

After my return from holiday I lost your MD! their I go commenting on many of the interesting threads I follow but I could not find you. I leave this forum for less than a  fortnight and you change the title and location of your MD! ;)

What are you playing at? Are you misleading me on purpose? $%Grinno$%

ok serious now, congratulations with your rise to the classic section. A well deserved place for you, glad you got here now. I hope to become your neighbour again in a post or 10  ;D

A shame to have that CAM problem. I hope you can work on a solution to keep continuing your work. so, fingers crossed pal!

Strechnitz.

Hey Strech welcome back and dont worry you'll catch up sooner or later lol...  No im not trying to misslead anyone at all just changing the name every so often to get a good feel for where i am at but fear not waterfalls will be a key player always....

Quote from: Eddie on August 17, 2007, 11:08:23 PM
Pat working on urban areas?  ()what()

Wha-what's going on?  :D This CJ is great entertainment. I love looking back on previous pages and admiring the work put into it. Great job.

Eddie yuppers im dabbling a little in urban devolpment but im still working in PW dont fear my friend and thank you very much for the encouragment  :thumbsup:

Quote from: meinhosen on August 18, 2007, 09:03:01 AM
Sorry to hear that the CAM is causing you a bit of heartache.  Looks like you and I are having similar problems with it... perhaps a bit of perseverance is needed, or maybe you (like me) own a plugins folder and computer that aren't CAM-patible. *go ahead and groan at that*

I've enjoyed seeing what you've done during June and July, and I"m happy to hear that you're not scrapping Waterfalls because of the CAM issues.  I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

LoL Meinhosen its great to see you back my friend and i hope you had fun during this summer at
camp lol... I cant groan at that cause i belive it might be true... Wheres theres a will theres a way right?
well hopefully after i take some time and do a slower and more completly thoughor install i might nail down
the problem... ooooh no im not scrapping waterfalls i love working with it, its my stress relive from RL and married life lol...

if im not mistaking with this i hit 1500 comments at 905pm on 8/18 woohoo

dedgren

QuoteWill finish with comments later when i get home... Some friends are taking me out!!!

Some friends... I thought it was usually the Mafia or CIA that did that sort of thing...

Just in case you make it back alive, Pat- I know that you'll get past whatever problems that are dogging you right now, and Waterfalls will be back bigger and better than ever.

If you don't, well... at least you won't have to worry about those darn mosquitos any more.

Take care, my Rhinelanderian friend!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax