• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How do I make a regular building the main building for a civic lot?

Started by Gondracorn, November 02, 2022, 08:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondracorn

I want to make a regular growable building (let's say, industrial) into a civic building (let's say, firestation). I don't want to use or even have the original fire station building in the lot. Instead, I will be using the building I choose or created for the fire station, or any civic building. I see quite a few custom civic buildings on Simtropolis, so I know it's possible.

Tyberius06

Hi!

Easiest way to create new LOT file with any kind of building model what you choose, is making it with SC4PIM-X (X-Tool).
If you have a growable lot which comes with a building and you want to use that model for a civic lot, you first need to find the model.
In any case it is the best to create a brand new lot based on the building what you choose. And for that PIM-X is your best chance.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.