• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Eaton MD

Started by Sober, June 10, 2007, 11:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nisha

Excellent MD so far. Great pics and the city looks awesome. :thumbsup:

szymcar

Your city is perfect done.  &apls Little squares, pier - I like it very much!

paroch

Great pics there Sober.  I really like the region shot.  Shows just how developed the main centre has become.

Sober

Replies:

nedalezz: almost there to 1 million as well, and glad you like the overview region shot!

patfirefghtr: Well, after I'm done, there won't be any bread basket parts in my region ... well maybe - I can be nice to sims too!

bat: Glad you like the overview shot as well!

Nisha: Thanks for visiting, hope you come back more often!

szymcar: I wish it were perfect, but if I were too nitpicky I'd demolish the place and redo it again!  :D

paroch: Thanks alot, and I've been following your MD as well!

Here we go again folks: the city can't stop creeping in. Soon, everything might as well be skyscrapers! (Think Coruscant)

This is not your mom and dad's Farmer's Dozen...

First it was a few townhouses:

Then they ran out of room at the Eatonville-Farmer's Dozen border, so they thought that it wouldn't here to have some of the offices ... creep over to the other side...

But boy oh boy, here come the heavy hitters, the high-rises. Still near the border, but it'll come across soon...

More of the park:

thundercrack83

Hey, Sober! Just got caught up with your work here--sorry it took so long for me to post here! Everything looks fabulous, and I'll be looking forward to following along with you in future updates!

Ennedi

Hello Kelvin,

You have very nice place here! &apls

A lot of skyscrapers here, but everything looks bright and has a nice climate
I like very much your farms, parks and waterfronts too  :thumbsup:

Best wishes for Eaton  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Great looking new pictures! Also nice park! :thumbsup:

Pat

Kelvin a wonderful update here and yea you should be a wee bit nice to the sims lol... see you next update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

paroch

Picture 1:  Matthew Keenan Townhouses are one of my favourites and a long rown like that in different colours looks absolutely spot on.   $%Grinno$%

Picture 3:  I like the three towers that are the same.  Not sure I've seen them before.  Do you know what they're called and where I can find them? (And are they commercial or resi?)

Picture 4:  Very nice park.  Simple, yet interesting at the same time.  And I admire your patience - those diagonal and curved paths drive me insane.  It takes me ages to line them up properly  ()what().  I usually give up and revert to simple straight lines!

Nice update - well done.

Nisha

Oooohhh, love the park.  :)
What can you do, can't stop progress.

Sober

Replies:
thundercrack83: heh, don't worry man, it's not like you have to sift through 10 pages to get here! ... yet :P

Ennedi: Yeah, I always kinda liked giving my screenshots an extra shot of colour. And best wishes to your region as well, I've been creeping around too ;)

bat: Glad you like the park!

patfirefghtr: Being nice to sims is always hard! And nothing gets done if you won't use the bulldozer! (Don't worry, I spared the women and children :P)

paroch: The towers are (when queried) R$$ Stage 8 MarinaResidence. A quick search on the STEX has the original set of lots here. Otherwise, grab the appropriate CAM set (one of the residential ones) and you'll get 'em. And keep trying with those parks, those non-straight ones produce the best results always, but just take more time. The harder part is when you have blank squares. Even after you fill them up with the appropriate matching grass texture, you probably want to populate that space with trees, and I found to some effect, ploppable rocks help too :)

Nisha: That's right, you can't stop progress... unless my hard drive crashes and I disappear :P

Ok, going by MD rules, I think this last update will soon bump me up a bit... but more on that when I hit the post button, of course! (and the proceeding moments after)

I haven't hit a million yet, but everyone loves seeing farmers being displaced, and the horrible nightmare of .... subdivisions coming to life! Oh the cruelty. But for now:

Fenswick County obviously is being affected from being so close the city centres of Eatonville and Ennawye:

Farmers obviously can't cope with the businesses moving in; whether it's not loud and noisy, or supermarkets are outselling the weekly farmer's markets - well I don't know! I'm a mayor, not a farmer!

And of course some residents have decided to pack their bags as well. Hey, can't keep everyone happy...

The Farming Bureau was blown down and replaced with the Coca-Cola building. Good, because I don't like Pepsi. :P

-Kelvin

/edit: holy smokes! I got moved-ified!

flame1396

Well, you commented at my MD so....

Love your agriculture. Your city seems caught between low and high wealth. Interesting.

Personally I'd say to add lots more low wealth. If you have the lot editor spend some time to make some filler lots - generic, some props. Those make the city come to life. Or you could do like badsim if you wanted to go nuts with it  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

LoL kelvin at least you are nice to children and women.... the update was very good and Pepsi rocks!!!! - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That are some nice looking rural pictures!! :thumbsup:

paroch

Hey Kelvin,

Nice update and congratulations on being 'promoted' to the Ones to Watch board. :thumbsup:

The grass in Eaton seems so very green - do you have a terrain modd installed?

Thanks for the info on the towers and I'll keep plugging away with the curvy parks.

Don't forget to visit West End's latest update - now you're on a different board I'd hate you to forget us newly published MDs!! ;) ;)

rooker1

Great update.  I like the pictures and the farming sector coming right up on the town. 
&idea If I could suggest one thing, it would be to try using the RHW right up to the last minute than change it to the avenue close to the city.  I hope this makes sense.   ;) I think the avenues in the farming sector with planters and the sidewalks doesn't look very real.  But this is just my humble opinion.  ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sober

Whoa, it's been a bit too long, I swore I put up my replies already but guess not. Going back to uni makes my brain fry even more :P

Replies

flame1396: Thanks, glad you like the farms and everything! And yes, I'm probably very bound to get into using the Lot Editor and everything; nearly every game I've played with a mod community, I've participated in! Filler lots are a good idea but for farms, I prefer to just plant trees to simulate forests being clearcut for farm land or plop a bunch in a row to simulate hedgerows.

patfirefghtr: No way, Coke > Pepsi until the end of time, or whoever blows each other up first ;)

bat: Thanks alot bat!

paroch: Yes, I'm using the Meadowshire Terrain Mod. Though the region I'm playing on is kinda flat at the moment so the terrain looks kinda boring/repetitive for now. And don't worry, I don't forget Recently Published MDs! I was one, remember? ;)

rooker1: Actually, that is a pretty interesting idea! Well the avenue would go Ave-RHW-Ave but who cares if you only see 2 tiles of it. I'll have to try that out, since I started fiddling with the RHW just recently.

Looks like I'm stuck with playing SC4 on weekends only, or if I really don't feel like doing any "homework" (It's not homework when you're in university! Especially as a second year student :P)

-Kelvin

pickled_pig

Seeing I've never been around here...

Your pictures look very nice.  You have an interesting concept incorporating the skyscrapers into the suburban sprawl, though you might want to consider adding some vast, endless parking lots around the office complexes.  It'd really up the realism factor.

-aaron

Madeira aka Constantina

very interesting and very nice

porter66083

I love the detail on your farms... but I don't think I could move there.... I'm a Pepsi person :P

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga