• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceberg

How do I uninstall this? I didn't actually expect so many different dependencies, and the fact that the all these dependencies can't just be put together in one big pack. I regret downloading it, now there are too many brown boxes, and I honestly don't think I should have to hunt for all those dependencies.

If this is the wrong place to post this, I'm sorry. Thanks.

Korot

Delete the folders a_CAM and CAM, this will delete CAM from your plugin folder. If you have any dependencies already installed, you have to manually remove them, if you already have the .SC4Lot file removed, if not, you can still use them. Also note that here all available lots and bats have been posted, but you don't need all of them. If you have the starter packs, you'd have enough lots to play normally, consider it vanilla maxis.

Regards,
Korot

Chaplain1018

And a howdy once more :D

Was browsing through the LEX and happened to stumble on bixel R$$12 Seaview Crescent HKABT. Doesn't seem to on the list so was wondering if its one of those that's already been assimilated into a MEGA pack before I unpack it :P

Oh and the LEX download manager ROCKS!!! &apls

Edit: It's a secret ()stsfd()

Korot

You can pear into .dat files, ever heard about the reader?

Regards,
Korot

Chaplain1018

Honestly, no I haven't heard of any simcity specific reader :-[

Edit: Wait, are you referring to iLive reader (found over google :P ) I'll give it a shot ;)

Edit2: Thanx JoeST :P

JoeST

Quote from: Chaplain1018 on July 26, 2009, 03:58:44 AM
Honestly, no I haven't heard of any simcity specific reader :-[
There is a copy on the LEX. Check out the Tools category. Its called iLives Reader

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Chaplain1018

OMFG!! This tool is so great. Better change the post above. Take your time on CAM2, patience has its rewards :D

Thanx a million Korot and JoeST :thumbsup:

Edit: More CAMelots that seem missing :P All CO$$$ = Stage 10's :thumbsup:

ks_jpn Worldwide Plaza
ks_jpn Bahrain WTC
ks_jpn 21st Century Tower

RippleJet

Quote from: Chaplain1018 on July 26, 2009, 06:54:55 AM
Edit: More CAMelots that seem missing :P

Excellent and thank you again! :thumbsup:

All three added in blue... ::)

Chaplain1018

Hey, all thanks go to you for keeping this list up-to-date :thumbsup:

This should be the last one from the LEX though :P bixel R$$12 Seaview Crescent HKABT (I'd linked it earlier, thought you overlooked :D )

Btw: This one was uploaded within the week :P

Ghetto Pack Vol2

That would be all the missing lots (atleast on the LEX :D )

RippleJet

Quote from: Chaplain1018 on July 27, 2009, 06:27:06 AM
This should be the last one from the LEX though :P bixel R$$12 Seaview Crescent HKABT (I'd linked it earlier, thought you overlooked :D )

Ehm... I did see it, but then lost it in your discussion about Reader... ::)

Quote from: Chaplain1018 on July 27, 2009, 06:27:06 AM
Btw: This one was uploaded within the week :P

Ghetto Pack Vol2

Yep, knew about that. ;)

All added to the list now! :thumbsup:

miggoycor

Is it possible to make a volume two for CAM Starter Sets? &idea

"$Deal"$

CAM Residentials BSC Volume 2
          CAM Commercial Offices BSC Volume 2
          CAM Commercial Services BSC Volume 2
          CAM Industrials BSC Volume 2
          CAM Stage 6 & 7 Farms BSC Volume 2

UPDATE (To prevent double post)

Can you CAMify PEG's skyfarms?
I think they should have a higher growth stage because it kept poping up everywhere like mad.
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

JoeST

Quote from: miggoycor on July 30, 2009, 04:51:25 AM
Is it possible to make a volume two for CAM Starter Sets? &idea

"$Deal"$

CAM Residentials BSC Volume 2
          CAM Commercial Offices BSC Volume 2
          CAM Commercial Services BSC Volume 2
          CAM Industrials BSC Volume 2
          CAM Stage 6 & 7 Farms BSC Volume 2

UPDATE (To prevent double post)

I think they should have a higher growth stage because it kept poping up everywhere like mad.
I dont believe PEG stuff can be CAMified because of PEG's EULA which states that his creations cant be redistributed in any way (correct me if I am wrong)

Joe

RippleJet

Quote from: miggoycor on July 30, 2009, 04:51:25 AM

I would love to see the skyfarms as stage 5 farms for the CAM.
I do like them a lot, and I even suggested it here.

Instead of breaching Peg's EULA, maybe new lots could be made (maybe I could...),
with the PEG-SF Skyfarm Resource File as a dependency...

miggoycor

φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

allan_kuan1992

There are two things that may be a problem here:

- The EULA again is very contentious. Pegasus probably won't be a happy camper if he knows that we're developing something here with his products. Case in point, the CDK-Series Port Dispute, where there were wars of words over whether distributing the CDK port lots constituted a breach. The BSC Upgrade Seaports eventually removed both lots to defuse the problem, but it probably still lingers.

- Second problem... miggoycor, you posted a link to Pegasus' site. Only problem is, Ripplejet and multiple other high-level members of BSC are banned from the site due to the dispute and therefore may not be able to see the material or at best can not download them without having others send it, which again can be problematic.

There is only one other workable solution that I can see around this... asking someone in SC4D with the time and resources available to make a new set of high-rise farms for release.

- Allan Kuan

miggoycor

If you can't CAMify PEG's farms, can you at least CAMify this?

"Urban Farm" by hdorriker
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=14282

It's a High-Rise farm
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Korot

Since when is using a dependency an EULA-breach? As long a only the lot exemplar and an building exemplar (exemplar of invisible building) are present in the uploaded file, with the models + prop exemplars being in the dependency, I see no problem.

Regards,
Korot

JoeST

Quote from: Korot on August 01, 2009, 03:54:31 AM
Since when is using a dependency an EULA-breach? As long a only the lot exemplar and an building exemplar (exemplar of invisible building) are present in the uploaded file, with the models + prop exemplars being in the dependency, I see no problem.

Regards,
Korot
try telling PEG that...

Korot

What I meant that you use Maxis default textures to texture a lot 4x4 in size, on which you place an invisible building, like that on most Maxis park lots, which you mod to become a farm. You then use the props in that pack from Pegasus as just that, props, the use they were intended for.
EULA line included in readme:
QuoteThis product may not be modified, reused or redistributed in any manner.
modified: We're not modifying it
redistributed: we're not redistributing it, but linking to it as a dependency file.
reused: Problem, no definition of reuse, and caused previous problems. Thing is, if we reuse it, it has to be the same kind of use it is now, and that means, to my understanding, using the models to make new exemplars (not needed), using it to make your own lots obviously does not fall under this, as the file is released to be used for just that purpose.

Actually, the readme also stated that the product type is a dependency, and says nothing about not releasing your creations, as long as you link to this file as a dependency.

Regards,
Korot

allan_kuan1992

Well... as much as we can try to criticize the EULA, Pegasus I think still may not be in a mood to allow the BSC to use their items regardless of if it violates the EULA or not due to past conflicts. I know that other users with presumably good relationships with him have been able to release derivative products with his permission on his site and at STEX... but the truth is things haven't still improved at best since when the conflict started one or two years ago.

I say we just leave things the way they are and start on new ones...