• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daedalus40

Quote from: jestarr on October 19, 2008, 09:23:11 PM
Raika's site freezes due to trying to install a language pack.  If you're using Firefox it won't install and will lockup.  Internet Explorer will pop-up a message box.  Just click on "cancel" until it disappears.

I've tried with Internet Explorer and it is the same result.

Disregard the last thing I just said, I'm just really impatient is all.

Gringamuyloca

Daedalus40
QuoteWhy are all of these files separated into 100 separate downloads?

I remember feeling the same way when I first happened upon this wonderful world of free custom content..... so many downloads and so little time.. ;D

If you hang around for awhile you will slowly start to understand the awesome generosity that happens in this Sim community... for free!

Take a couple deep breaths.. I don't think anyone has managed to download everything without a hitch... the best part, if you get stuck, you can politely ask for help.. and one or more will respond..

Tamara

sagek

Hey just curious I was trying to down load the HKABT bixel MEGA PACK Vol19 but when I click on the click provided on the first page I am Directed to http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1859 which links to NHP - 14 Summits: Pack III - As this is a map and not a BAT/LOT I wanted to make mention of it.

1x1    LoLei Tower    9    BSC CAMelots bixel Model Pack Vol19      HKABT bixel MEGA Pack Vol19
1x1   HK Market   11       BSC CAMelots bixel Model Pack Vol19   HKABT bixel MEGA Pack Vol19

RippleJet

sagek

0rion79

Hi all. I'm here back for a damn brown box: this time, it is Bosworth Heights.
I've downloaded the "ONeil CAM Condos" pack, hoping to fix the problem but it didn't. May you re-direct me to the right file, please? I can't belive I still have some brown box in my game: I did dat-pack it centuries ago, giving it as granted that there were no more!

PS: any news about any CAM 2.0?
PS2: any latest version of dat packer? Thank you so much....

RippleJet

Quote from: 0rion79 on December 21, 2010, 11:41:36 AM
Hi all. I'm here back for a damn brown box: this time, it is Bosworth Heights.

According to the list on page 1, the model for Bosworth Heights can be found here:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=11275

Quote from: 0rion79 on December 21, 2010, 11:41:36 AM
PS: any news about any CAM 2.0?
PS2: any latest version of dat packer? Thank you so much....

No news at the moment...
my SC4 computer crashed and I will need to buy a new one, which I cannot afford until some time early next year
(the data from the hard disk is safely copied onto a stick, so nothing is lost at least).

PS3: (Playstation 3? ::))
An updated version of datpacker will be needed for the installer of CAM 2.0.
Otherwise, as far as I know, there's no new version of DatPacker in the pipeline...

0rion79

Thank you, RJ: you're always in time! :)
PS: do you really need some extra cash? If so, I need co-workers abroad for a tourism project. If you are interested we can talk about it privately.... in the meantime, merry X-mas and thanks for help.

Masked_Critic

Brown box time...

3x2           Seaside Villa        7           cobb32118 updated lots BSC   

Oddly enough, it's included in the CAM Residentials starter pack as a §§ stage 8, instead of a §§§ stage 7, which it's listed as.

RippleJet

Quote from: 0rion79 on December 21, 2010, 10:32:39 PM
PS: do you really need some extra cash? If so, I need co-workers abroad for a tourism project.

Not quite that desperate... ::) ...but thanks for the offer! :thumbsup:
It's not a lack of income, it's a combination of too many expenses...
a normally higher tax debt and a 3-week vacation to Easter Island in January. :)

Quote from: Masked_Critic on December 22, 2010, 08:17:00 AM
3x2           Seaside Villa        7           cobb32118 updated lots BSC   

Oddly enough, it's included in the CAM Residentials starter pack as a §§ stage 8, instead of a §§§ stage 7, which it's listed as.

The starter packs do contain some lots which have later been reworked, e.g. ks_jpn's Tower Residence.
I'll ask Barby (who made the starter packs) to check this and see if she remembers anything about it... ::)

tag_one

^ haha a Tage support fund  :D. I would join as well. Must keep my savings bellow the 20k threshold, otherwise I have to pay more taxes. Wouldn't mind lending some, my rent is low :)

BarbyW

Quote from: Masked_Critic on December 22, 2010, 08:17:00 AM
Brown box time...

3x2           Seaside Villa        7           cobb32118 updated lots BSC   

There are two versions of the Seaside Villa on the LEX. One is in Cobb32118 Updated Lots and is the R$$$ stage 7 version.
The lot in the CAM starter pack is the R$$ stage 8 version.

Both need BSC MEGA Props Cobb Vol01 to remove any brown boxes.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

Thanks, Barby!
Added the $$ stage 8 version into the list on page 1. ;)

keltot03

anyone have a Frank & Archai Tower II model?? i think i download the wrong model... :(

stex are currently not available....

Edit :

its look like they remove the Frank & Archai Tower II in simtropolis... :(
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=4539

anyone can share their frank & Archai Tower II model here??

RippleJet

Quote from: keltot03 on February 26, 2011, 01:33:33 AM
its look like they remove the Frank & Archai Tower II in simtropolis... :(

It isn't removed, but all above links to files on STEX are now outdated.
Simtropolis recently upgraded their software, and it's still not fully up and running.
Everything is still there, but the addresses (both posts and files) have changed.

As soon as the STEX and its search is functional again, I'll locate the Franch and Archai II for you.

keltot03

Quote from: RippleJet on February 26, 2011, 01:02:35 PM
It isn't removed, but all above links to files on STEX are now outdated.
Simtropolis recently upgraded their software, and it's still not fully up and running.
Everything is still there, but the addresses (both posts and files) have changed.

As soon as the STEX and its search is functional again, I'll locate the Franch and Archai II for you.

Thx mr ripplejet :)

here is the link for the frank and archai II

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/4539-ndex-frank-and-archai-tower-ii-by-dusktrooper/

RippleJet

All links to models on the STEX have now been updated following the upgrade to ST 7.0. :)
Let me know if I've made any mistakes and if there are incorrect links!

voliminal

Hello.
I can't seem to find "Savings and Trust Tower" anywhere. There are several growing my city, so I really wanna get rid of those boxes. Thanks!

Nommy

Howdy, I've got a couple of things to ask/say.

First, I think it needs to be clearer exactly what is involved in using those starter packs. The impression I got after reading the intro/welcome, camelots and dependencies posts, and also the CAM manual was that to use it/them all I would need to install is the starter packs, the stuff in the starter packs dependencies list and the CAM and I'd be set.  So after spending a couple of hours meticulously doing that what do I get? Brown bloody boxes everywhere. I was pretty disappointed and pissed that after all that effort it still wasn't working, and even more so when I found out to get the apparently missing models I'd need to follow every dependency link in every readme in those packs. So now I'm half way through doing that and have just worked out that perhaps I shouldn't be installing these dependencies to the default location in plugins but instead somewhere else and just copying the models. Man what a mess. I sure wish I'd had some idea what was involved before I started.

So how about adding something near the starter pack links to let people know what else other than just downloading and installing them is required to use them?
Being starter packs I was expecting them to be a pack containing all the things you need to get started which is obviously not the case.

Also, as you can not doubt tell I don't know what I'd doing, so some instructions 'how to setup to play CAM' would be even better. It says some stuff about lots, bats, models and dependencies etc, but it's all pretty meaningless when you're new and don't know anything about modding or adding custom content to SC4. While that's no doubt important info it doesn't say anywhere step by step how to get it (CAM+starter packs) running, or at least not anywhere that I saw. That would have been very helpful.

The 2nd thing; Is the fact that I've been installing the dependencies listed in the starter pack readmes rather than just copying the model files going to cause me problems?

All I want to do is have a game using the CAM as it was designed to be played to try it out, and now I'm worried that I might have unknowingly filled my plugins folder with lots that are going to interfere.

rooker1

Setting up CAM from start is some what difficult and is very time consuming.
If you were to down load the CAM modd and the starter packs for each, residential, commercial and industrial and the dependencies for each of those packs you would be ready to go.  The starter packs are only LOTs because the creators models are not allowed to be included.  Now permission was gathered to make dependency packs which will make your job easier and quicker, they can be found on the LEX and were definately in the ReadMe.  There is no easier way this could have been done.  The most important thing for you and everyone else is to actually read the ReadMe.  After you have the base started everything else afterwards becomes easier and easier.  I use the CAM and I have gone through this process, it was time consuming but very worth it in the end.
If you need any help feel free to PM me or any other Staff Member and we'll see what we can do to help.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.