• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: hargy9999 on February 19, 2012, 05:08:09 PM
... in the list it is saying it is a stage 8 building but in game when i query it its saying its a stage 9....

Well I downloaded it from post 2 and opened it up in SC4TOOL its definitely a stage 8 building (see attachment), I don't really use CAM, I think checking your plugins and maybe bulldozing the ones you have in-game, but I'm guessing as I don't use CAM other than as a player.

sorry I can't help   :(
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

hargy9999

thanks for trying anyway   :)
ill post if i discover a solution...

or if anyone else knows whats goin on im all ears!!

hargy9999

a bit more searching and i found: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1018

Lot Description:
A complete set of all 19 lots by cobb32118 that have been updated to be CAMpatible. These are all residentials and will replace the originals.

the original COBB megapacks that are listed made no mention of this requirement

catty

Quote from: hargy9999 on February 21, 2012, 11:25:17 PM
a bit more searching and i found: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1018

Lot Description:
A complete set of all 19 lots by cobb32118 that have been updated to be CAMpatible. These are all residentials and will replace the originals.

the original COBB megapacks that are listed made no mention of this requirement

the link on post 2 that I downloaded yesterday went to the same link, remember there are two links, one to the CAM Lots and the other to the original plugin, when you download the original plugin you only want the SC4MODEL from it, the rest is replaced by the new CAM version

:)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

hargy9999

im on a steep learning curve but thats a good thing!
:thumbsup:

leosmesc

The 4x4 Keaton Plaza for R and
the 4x4 Keaton Plaza for C
have the same link.
Please control.
Thx

catty

Hi leosmesc

the 4x4 Keaton Plaza (R)  has this link for the lot ... http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=960

the 4x4 Keaton Plaza (C)  has this link for the lot ... http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=950

and they both share the same model ... http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/2780-dusktroopers-keaton-plaza/

which is the way it should be, hope that helps

-catty

ZenMonster

First I want to thank everyone for this list, it is a great help. I just installed the starter packs, however I got confused about a few things.  I think I have most of it figured out but I thought I should post my findings here to help clarify things for others.

I had a similar problem as hargy9999 had with R$$-Europa.  I couldn't find the Europa and several others on the list under CAM Residentials BSC, but I found similar ones listed for cobb32118 updated lots BSC

What I think happened is, some of Cobb's lots were CAMified in CAM Residentials BSC, released 2007/09/07.  Then, about a month later Cobb updated them himself, along with several others, in cobb32118 updated lots BSC, with different wealths and stages. It looks like Cobb's versions were added to the list here, but the old ones were removed instead of being greyed out to show that they had been superseded.

Here's a list
CAM Starter version --> Cobb32118 version
Royale R$$ stage 8 --> R$$$ stage 8
Central Park R$$ 9 --> R$$$ 8
Europa R$$ 9 --> R$$ 8
5th Avenue R$$ 10 --> R$$$ 8
Emerald Park R$$ 13 --> R$$$ 9
Park Plaza R$$ 13 --> R$$$ 10
Galleria R$$ 15 --> R$$$ 14
Cobb Emperadore R$$$ 9 --> R$$$ 9
Seaside Villa R$$ 8 --> R$$$ 7 (both versions of this one are listed)

It looks like the model dependencies are the same for both sets.  One question I have is, are Cobb's lots supposed to replace the ones in the starter pack like ks_jpn's Tower Residences do?

Also, CAM Residentials BSC does not contain R$$8 Carpathage Condos or a stage 8 version of Yen Zi Den Apts.

Encountered a little more confusion with CAM Industrials BSC.  First, Baltic Mill and Schwartz Chemical are both I-D, but are listed as if there are also I-HT versions, probably due to the confusing way they are packaged.  Also, Schwartz's I-HT listing has the dependency in the wrong column.   Second, there is no SG Pet Supplies in the pack, but there is a SG_WarehouseSmall05.  They are both 3x4 stage 4, so am I correct to assume they're the same thing?

Finally there's Somy Nass TI Nanotech.  That's the name from the read-me but the file name appears to be Somy050504.  Both names are in the list, to avoid ambiguity I suppose, but with two different dependencies.  According to the read-me you only need Somy Prop Pack Vol 2, but I just got both Vol 1 and 2 to be safe.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm or refute my findings, or update the lists to help others.

gamzdude

This is awesome woot look at all of those cam lots well i have every one RN  :thumbsup: but i would get old seeing the sane ones over so i made a crap load of Cam lots with the pim   ()stsfd() ;D :D  i even made some of maxis buildings cam including the coal power plant a stage 8 ID industry  and the oil power plant stage 10 ID industrial.  and some buildings from the Stex that were incompatible with the CAM and turned them in to came lots :D  :thumbsup: i have a lot of stage 15 Co$$$ build like maybe 50+ and like only 1/2 of them grew LOL hope more came lots come out soon. oh btw the way i may want to share my work on the lex :P

jmyers2043

Quote from: gamzdude on May 08, 2012, 05:48:24 AM
...  i even made some of maxis buildings cam including the coal power plant a stage 8 ID industry  and the oil power plant stage 10 ID industrial ...

That's a cool idea. I had not thought of making the Maxis power plants into a dirty industry. I use other power plants and rarely use the Maxis ones.

...  i may want to share my work on the lex :P

This is where you start the process when you're ready.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=5.0

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

gamzdude

Quote from: jmyers2043 on May 08, 2012, 06:15:26 AM
...  i even made some of maxis buildings cam including the coal power plant a stage 8 ID industry  and the oil power plant stage 10 ID industrial ...

That's a cool idea. I had not thought of making the Maxis power plants into a dirty industry. I use other power plants and rarely use the Maxis ones.

...  i may want to share my work on the lex :P

This is where you start the process when you're ready.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=5.0

Good Luck

- Jim
'
1. you havent wow. :o well I made them in the pimX  and they are dirty but nice  :thumbsup: also I have made the hydrogen PP into a stge 6 IHT, the solar power plant a stage 5 IHT, and the nuclar PP a stge 8 IHT  :thumbsup: all growed like a charm  ;D :D.  the wind PP is not a cam lot by far but I made it a campatable stage 1 IHT building. i made the natural gas a stage 9 IM the first stage 9 IM ever XD. what's more the recycling center is a  stage 6 IM and the waste to waste energy plant is a Stage 8 dirty as well. they all grew like a charm  :thumbsup: I bet people would like this to give ther industrial cam city a bit more variety :).

2. wowuploading to the Lex is far moer complex then a typing monyks ROFL/lol,and uploading to the Stex D: so I guess my work well be on the stex instead  :thumbsup: I well upload it there and seeif I can get the dude on the topic to add a link to my cam buildings;then I well hoply get postive feed back from the peoplel and get a good amount of down loads to :).

xxdita

gamzdude

Well i uploaded my Cam power plant industrials  them to the stex so if some one could add them to the list i would be very happy  link http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27581-maxis-power-plants-cam-growables/

Lowkee33

The filling degrees are high, I would say.

akirmira

iviaarten

I have a bit of a problem. Being new to the SC4 mod stuff has held me back a bit, but I must say, that after trying some mods it's really revived the game for me.
Thanks to all the great modders.

Now for my issue:

I've installed the CAM mod, and all the starter packs mentioned on the first post of this thread. I think I followed the post exactly, so I've got the cam, the starter BAT packages and all the dependencies.
I do seem to get brown boxes quite often though. When I hover over them it tells me which one it is. I do see the BAT in in my CAM folder. Now when I manually search for the BAT in the Xchange, and I download it again it gives me more than one model. After restarting the game the brown box is gone now.

This has happened on several occasions sofar, but I notice that almost all the ones I was missing were from Jestarr:
-Acmepencilfactory
-Hudsonglass
-Replogleglobefactory
-Rittersrubbershoe
-Wisconsingasbuilding

Going into a bit more detail on one of the, let's say the Wisconsin Gas Building.
In my CAM\CO$$ I have the following:
-CO$$9_3x3_jes_WisconsinGasBldg_CO_9406ec0c.SC4Lot

In my (later downloaded version) jestarr\WisconsinGasBuilding folder I have the following:
-CO$$1_3x3_jes_WisconsinGasBuilding_12e430d4.SC4Lot
-jes_3x3_WisconsinGasBuilding_10a47dba.SC4Lot
-jes_WisconsinGasBldg1-0x5ad0e817_0x532d2bc5_0x30000.SC4Model

Now it's getting a bit tiresome having to alt-tab to download the models all the time. Anyone have an idea what's going wrong?
Maybe it's only 1 orientation included in the starter pack, and the specific download packs give more orientations/lot sizes?

thanks in advance.

whatevermind

When you get the dependencies for the starter packs, the only thing you need from them is the .SC4model file. So you can delete the .desc and .SC4lot files that come with any of the dependencies, these are replaced by the files you already got with the starter packs.

What you're seeing, for example, with the Wisconsin Gas building, is that the CAM starter pack gave you the Lot, but you need the dependency for the model (BAT) (jes_WisconsinGasBldg1-0x5ad0e817_0x532d2bc5_0x30000.SC4Model). The other two files (the .SC4Lot files) are the lots that would have gone with the original building, if you didn't have CAM, so they can be deleted. The file in the starter pack already covers everything those files would have given you.

iviaarten

Then I still wonder why I am getting brown boxes. I did install the starterpacks AND all the dependencies from the first post.
The post with the dependencies even specifically mentions 'nothing in this thread will help with brown boxes'. That's why I'm assuming I'm actually missing models or lots (not the dependencies).

would the problem I'm seeing with the brown boxes then mean that the model file is missing from the starterpack list or the linked dependencies in that specific thread?

Also, in the lot files I'm seeing a difference between the two, one is CO$$1 and the other is CO$$9.

whatevermind

Quote from: iviaarten on November 25, 2012, 12:07:20 PM
The post with the dependencies even specifically mentions 'nothing in this thread will help with brown boxes'. That's why I'm assuming I'm actually missing models or lots (not the dependencies).

would the problem I'm seeing with the brown boxes then mean that the model file is missing from the starterpack list or the linked dependencies in that specific thread?

Also, in the lot files I'm seeing a difference between the two, one is CO$$1 and the other is CO$$9.

The thread about dependencies is for props and textures only. Where it gets confusing with the starter packs is that models are also dependencies. The best resource to track them down is this thread, the first dozen or so posts list each CAMeLot, and in the far right column, a link to the dependency for the model file. Once you get this dependency, you can install it, then delete everything it installed except the .SC4Model file. Usually these dependencies will also install Lots, and sometimes Desc files, etc. You don't need any of that.

In this case, the only Lot you need is the CO$$9, which should be the only one the starter pack installed. The other one came with the dependency and should be deleted.

You should be able to find every building you need for the starter packs in this thread.

iviaarten

Quote from: whatevermind on November 25, 2012, 12:31:28 PM
Quote from: iviaarten on November 25, 2012, 12:07:20 PM

The thread about dependencies is for props and textures only. Where it gets confusing with the starter packs is that models are also dependencies. The best resource to track them down is this thread, the first dozen or so posts list each CAMeLot, and in the far right column, a link to the dependency for the model file. Once you get this dependency, you can install it, then delete everything it installed except the .SC4Model file. Usually these dependencies will also install Lots, and sometimes Desc files, etc. You don't need any of that.

In this case, the only Lot you need is the CO$$9, which should be the only one the starter pack installed. The other one came with the dependency and should be deleted.

You should be able to find every building you need for the starter packs in this thread.

Ah, that must be it then.

t.b.h. it does take a LOT of separate downloads and installs then to get the whole CAM business going... Anyone ever gathered everything including all the models, textures and lots and other sorted dependencies and upload them somewhere in 1 big CAM starter pack install?