• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redguy

Quote from: RippleJet on September 07, 2007, 01:55:21 PM
Yes you can. Or even better, use the CAM Remove Lots BSC Cleanitol, which will remove all old lots belonging to those that have been CAMified. ;)
I knew that! ::)

Anyway, 130 files moved ;).

gabrielbyrnei

thanks, it did work after all :)

oh and i dont know this question should go here or not, but i was looking for a train to subway connection, as theres no such thing included on the game nor the Cam transport mod :)

thanks

rickmastfan67

Quote from: gabrielbyrnei on September 08, 2007, 10:01:11 PM
thanks, it did work after all :)

oh and i dont know this question should go here or not, but i was looking for a train to subway connection, as theres no such thing included on the game nor the Cam transport mod :)

thanks

There should be one posted over @ the STEX created by the NDEX guys. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

M4346

Oh yes, lol, sorry. I meant to look for this last night and post the link, but never got round to doing it.

Here you go! -> Click!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

gabrielbyrnei

damm guys thanks soo much, it seems you really are devoted to this :)

thanks

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

gabrielbyrnei

one more question, when i download some .sc4models or something like that, should i use sc4datpacker on them too ? or just leave them on the plugins folder ?

oh and should .SC4desc and .SC4lot get datpacked too ?

RippleJet

It is really up to you how you organize your files in your plugins. :thumbsup:
But there is no problem in datpacking e.g. the whole BSC folder or the whole CAM folder, including all SC4Model, SC4Desc and SC4Lot files.

gabrielbyrnei

oh ok, thanks, ill start packing those models then :)

gabrielbyrnei

after packing everything, many lots appear now as brown boxes, if i understood well, i have to pack the props (.dat),
.SC4lot , .SC4Model ?

RippleJet

Obviously you haven't downloaded and installed all model files and packs...
Could you query the brown boxes and see what buildings you're missing, and we'll point you to the needed models. :thumbsup:

gabrielbyrnei

nono, i have downloaded everything i need, the thing is: before using datpacker i was able to see every building nicely, but after i datpacked everything as you told me, I only left the Compressed folder on the plugin folders.

I can see some of the buildings i downloaded from the starter packs of CAMeLots, but some others not, which i was able to see before, dont know if u understand me :D

RippleJet

Sorry, I think I understand you, at least now! :thumbsup:

That would imply that some models have not been included in the packed dat then...
...whether that would be because of lack of hard disk space, lack of memory or a programming error is impossible to tell though.

Do you think you could make a test and datpack only the model files and leave the rest as is?

And if the error is still there, datpack the models in two separate files... (two separate folders)...

gabrielbyrnei

ok so what i should do is put all .dat on one folder, all .SC4lots on another and .SC4Models on another one ?each one of them in its own folder ?

right now i got them pretty mixed up

RippleJet

I'm just thinking about reducing the size of the packed dat files... in case that would be the problem...
I don't know if any reorganization would help reducing the sizes and bring back missing buildings, but it would be worth a try...

How big was your dat file when you noticed buildings missing?

gabrielbyrnei

one of the files created with the datpacker is 208 MB the other files are not bigger then 50 MB

the total size of the compressed folder is 329 MB

RippleJet

Try breaking the content of that 208 MB file down into 2-3 separate files and see if that helps at all.

gabrielbyrnei

awesome, it did help :) i organized .dat , .SC4Model, SC4Lot , SC4Desc, each on a separate folder and then packed it and brown boxes dissapeared :)

Now a new problem appeares, when i scroll throw the city, the edge of the screen gets bugged and pastes itself along the city, when i look away and come back it gets normal :S

High5Tower

Each downloaded buildings parts, Model; lot; desc;or a dat should stay together in its own folder. As an example, I downdloaded off the LEX  the "Glenni-Smedgate 16". For the file that goes in the plugin folder it contains the model and lot. I got rid of the plop lot because I don't use them. Also make sure there are no pictures or readme folders in this file. Now, every thing you download sould be in its own folder like this.
For data packing purposes may file are set up like this.
All BSC Props            total volume is 569mb

All Props                                        723mb

Cam                                              292mb

City Wide Services                           279mb

Current Likeables                              335mb

Standard BNats & Mods all regions        243

Sensitive stuff  items that at this time that are data packed. This file gets moved out of the plugins folder during data packing and is moved back in after data packing is completed.

So the above file Glenni -Smedgate 16 would be transfered to the Current Likeables Master folder and then go into the folder named Commercial.

If I remember right I believe you can safely data pack up to 1500mb in each dat.
I could go on and on about this subject. Hope this helps you

gabrielbyrnei

yeah, it helps much, but somehow magical way, it got solved splitting the big packed thing into smaller ones :S