• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Wow, Alex!  That might be the last piece I need to complete a masterpiece.  ;)

Congratulations on 2,000 posts!

deathtopumpkins

&apls &apls &apls

Awesomeness! Though shouldn't that splitter have V-shaped chevrons? ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 09, 2008, 02:09:45 PM
Though shouldn't that splitter have V-shaped chevrons? ;)

Well, ardecila is from Chicago, so the splitter has Illinois markings;)  So you're going to end up with an amalgam of mostly Oregon markings with a few Illinois markings thrown in for good measure with the default Version 3.0 textures. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

hmmm.... ok. I'd never seen that before.
Besides, that's what retexturing is for!  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 09, 2008, 02:32:10 PM

Indeed. :)  In fact, I'm not sure I had ever seen that before, until I Googled Chicago and took a look at the Kennedy Freeway there.  :D  I kind of had a suspicion, but only then was it confirmed.  Here in Oregon, except when there's a splitter on an RHW-2 or the like, there's usually no cross-hatching or chevrons at all.

And as I've done in the past, I'll try to keep tabs on the various texture tweaks and T21 addons out there, and link to them in the FAQ.  :)

-Alex

darraghf

wait... are you saying that rhw 6 is still going to be ortagonal??? :'(
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Pat

ooooh man Alex I feel the anticipation of christmas err I mean RHW V 3.0!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Thomas Diamond

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 09, 2008, 02:32:10 PM

Can a A RHW -10 split into;  1 -MIS & And A RHW -8,And RHW -4 , A RHW-8
RW6 and RHW -6 or RHW-6 and RHW-4

Removed accidental blank double post. -Alex (Tarkus)

Tarkus

Thomas Diamond, I don't entirely understand your post, but if you're asking about "Exit Only" lane setups on the wider RHWs, the answer is not yet. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Not bad! I could really use this new MIS x2/RHW-4 splitter... And around here they are indeed chevrons: they are painted so that if they were solid barriers, they would push vehicles into the lane they're supposed to be in... if that makes any sense... ???

Anyway, can't wait to try it out for myself!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

darraghf

I asked and you didn't answer me... Will there be curved rhw6 in v3.0 and just answer me straight.

wes.janson

Quote from: darraghf on November 10, 2008, 08:46:36 AM
I asked and you didn't answer me... Will there be curved rhw6 in v3.0 and just answer me straight.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe you should phrase your question more politely or read back a few posts where Alex (Tarkus) clearly answers this question.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Pat

also getting rude with a admin is not the smartest thing to do either just a little heads up!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

darraghf

Sorry,I dodnt mean to come out as rude. I just didnt understand in the post he did make about diagonal rhw6. VBeacuse he did  not actually answer it clearly answer it in my opinion.

Excuse me if i sounded rude.

bob56

This whole project is amazing. There are so many more new capabilities! I can't wait!!  :o
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

debutterfly

Haven't seen much from the NAM Associates. Must be some real intensive Alpha Builds.  ;) Or RL  :(

bob56

hopefully alpha builds, but id rather wait to make sure its working properly than have it released with chaotic issues...
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Patricius Maximus

QuoteI asked and you didn't answer me... Will there be curved rhw6 in v3.0 and just answer me straight.

I'll "answer you straight". From what I've seen, the answer is yes. However, I do not know the mechanics behind it or how stable it is.

pagenotfound

but as far as smooth curves go Im not sure if those are in the works. To me sounds like that would be possible since the 4 lane RHW (current) has them. I sure hope that is the case.  ;D
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Tarkus

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on November 10, 2008, 03:34:46 PM
I'll "answer you straight". From what I've seen, the answer is yes. However, I do not know the mechanics behind it or how stable it is.

The answer is most likely.  Not 100% yes, but probably about 75% yes.  It may end up being Puzzle Piece-based, at least in the interim.  The draggable setup is a little messy.

Quote from: pagenotfound on November 10, 2008, 04:23:47 PM
but as far as smooth curves go Im not sure if those are in the works. To me sounds like that would be possible since the 4 lane RHW (current) has them. I sure hope that is the case.  ;D

There aren't any smooth curves yet.  There actually won't be any new smooth curves added this time around.  The only thing that will be different with them is added dummy paths to eliminate the "hangup" you get when placing them.  There are probably some folks out there who have been wanting RHW-4 Drag Stubs off of them, but due to the way Puzzle Drag Starters work on the diagonals, and the way the RHW-4 diagonals are set up, it may not be feasible.

-Alex (Tarkus)