• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Encyclopaedia

Started by krbe, December 22, 2007, 06:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

In the meantime, the rest of us will be making your job that much harder, by adding more information among these pages.  $%Grinno$%

Orange Julius

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 14, 2008, 05:56:25 AM
Exactly, and in the case of a lot of things found in the early days of SC4, they are very close to being lost forever, now that Simtropolis [why ST? Back in those days, it was the site to go to for the discovery of new things in SC4] is archiving old threads. So, it's probably worth it if we can rescue that stuff before it gets lost in the mists of time.

Especially the stuff pertaining to transit-modding. ;)

On the Wiki, we are going to transfer information over from various small repositories of information, such as RedLotus's Interchange Tutorial [which is hidden in some Yahoo! briefcase somewhere in the messy place that is the Internet]. An archives section will be created specifically for that purpose.

Yeah, but maybe archive.org can help. Type http://www.simtropolis.com/ into the Wayback Machine, pull the switch, and be warped back to a 2004 world where SimCity 4 was relatively new, Rush Hour was trendy, diagonal bridges were wishful thinking, and people thought there would be another expansion pack to SimCity.

I really like this idea, and even though I thought I saw some sort of glossary on this page, I hope that I can help in this task and perhaps help get it published. This would be helpful in keeping SimCity 4 on the shelves of your local retailer (the shelf life of SC4 is long and fruitful), hopefully pull in entirely new players, and make the Prima guide version of SC4D and the original manual look like dung.

Why a print version, you ask? Well, it's slightly more expensive, but it has advantages. You can have a copy while playing SimCity 4 or have a copy near your bedside (good reading). I think a section on UDI strategies would be cool, a full-color section showcasing BAT creations, and a real step-by-tutorial showing how to go from a basic plot of land to the megalopolis of your dreams. Is anyone a nice artist, to make a potential cover?
Gone now...

JoeST

Anyone still want to help with this project???

if so PM me :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sim-al2

I just looked at the first page of ST ever. I think the guide is the precerser of the Omnibus though. It's hard to tell since the links don't seem to work. ??? It's amazing to look and see har far we've come though. :o
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

mightygoose

im still willing to lend a pen...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dragonshardz

sim-al2: the "wayback" links work for me...

Grneyes

Orange Julius:

It would be great to have a CD of all the tutorials, and then we could print it ourselves. We would also be donating to the site and helping jeronji maintain the site. I would definitely pay for any of the tutorials posted here.

MaryBeth

nerdly_dood

I really like this new SC4 Wiki...

anyway, I'm a member of the BLaM team and I'd like to see how I could claim myself as a member of the BLaM team on my user page here. The only tag things I could see that were relevant were... most of the SC4 custom content teams other than BLaM. I'd appreciate if a pre-made whatchamacallit thing was made for the BLaM team.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!