• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

15 Years . . . Wow

Started by Tarkus, January 14, 2018, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Today marks 15 years (0x0F for my fellow modders) since SimCity 4 hit store shelves, way back on January 14, 2003.  And we're still here . . . my metaphorical hat is off to all the Maxis crew who made this classic possible, and to everyone here in this community, who has helped keep the torch lit.

-Alex

mak

Hear! Hear! The community's longevity is really a testament to the amazing players and modders, especially at sites like this one. It's hard to believe that I started playing this game more than ten years ago, and keep coming back to it!

Kudos to everyone, and here's to the next 15! :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

It is today fifteen years ago that I bought the game and started playing it during the evening and didn't stop until the next morning. Today I am still playing it at least once a week, never stopped. 15 years of undescribable fun for a few $. That is one worth having bought!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Shiftred

When I first got the game in 2003 I couldn't even play it until I got a new computer as a college graduation present in 2004.  I joined Simtropolis (as Bluepelican31) on November 3rd 2004. Been playing and downloading ever since. I have been natural-growthing my current region for about five years now.

The enormous time modders have devoted to this game is unbelievable and what makes it fun every time I play to this day.  I remember when you, Tarkus, started popping up in the transit mod posts on Simtropolis. I was like, "Who is this new modder?" Now so many have come and gone. Your contribution to the community is without match! Thank You!

Alan_Waters

How quickly time flies! .. And yes, I am one-man. ;D  :thumbsup:

Terring7

Simcity 4 is 15 years old and it's still alive and kicking. To accomplish something like this you need both a great game and a lovely community, and I'm happy to see that we have both of them :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mattb325

0x0F years ago.

Goodness me. To think I have probably spent 0xF4240 hours toying with it ever since  ::)

Glenni

Indeed, quite active community for an older game, I was surprised to see Simtropolis, Sc4devotion, and many of the smaller nationality sites still around.  I lost interest for a while around 2011, when I lost most of my plugins during a PC crash, but I found a backup I took months before the crash, so I should hopefully be back into the motion of things.  :thumbsup:

Here's to 15!

Alan_Waters

Quote from: Glenni on January 15, 2018, 06:22:10 PMI should hopefully be back into the motion of things.
And here is a gift for the anniversary.  ;D :thumbsup:

eugenelavery

A great game with a remarkable community. I doubt this game/community combo will ever be matched.

manga rivotra

I think I bought this game the week of its release and did not get tired of more than 1 month in 15 years!  :)
On the other hand I will have put nearly 12 years before posting anyway on one of the fan sites.
The "lurking mod" has something quite comfortable, especially since we are not english speaking  :-[
But it is easy and essential to say thank you to all those who still make this game so exciting.  :thumbsup:

blade2k5

15 years.  Makes me feel old.  I was in my late 30s when I bought the game in late '03, early '04 and now I'm in my mid-50s.  I had to buy another memory card so I could play the game on the old clunker pc I had.  Then about a year or so later, I discovered Simtrop and signed up immediately.  Just had to have those cool buildings and other goodies made by SC4 gamers.  .Been playing ever since, even got into making maps for others to play on, always looking for that perfect map.  Don't think I ever found it though as I switch regions every time a new NAM comes out.

I hope SC4 and these websites are still here when I'm in my late 60s.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

mrbisonm

Quote from: blade2k5 on January 18, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

You mean like me?.....lol

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

APSMS

Wow. I think I first played this game at my friend's house in 7th grade, which would have been over 10 years ago now :shocked2:!

Incredible that so many years later I would still be playing this game, and finding new things to create in it. That a community would still be thriving around it is unimaginable, especially as large and friendly as the SC4 community is, so here's to many more years of city-building!

&dance
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Akallan

It's been 15 years that I play at SC4, time flies! Even if it's been many years, the community is always present, it's great! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

blade2k5

Quote from: mrbisonm on January 18, 2018, 07:44:47 PM
Quote from: blade2k5 on January 18, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

You mean like me?.....lol

Fred

Exactly. ;)  I'm totally addicted to this game.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.