• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Why I writing W-T-F becoming Where my fries?

Started by alvinheriadi, August 20, 2011, 07:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvinheriadi

I want NAM 30 coming more quicly! 

I can't wait for NAM 30 

But why Nam 30 doesn't have release time??? What the f*ck? But, building construction has a sceduled finish time.

Some Quotation from my old thread

Quoten give you a release date for NAM 3.0--June 4th, 2004.  That's when the 3rd version of the NAM came out (source).   ::)

I assume from the chronological context, though, that you're probably referring to the upcoming NAM 30--without the decimal point.  I've said it once, and I'll say it again--there is no release date or timeline for release.  Demanding that we give you one won't change that one bit.  Besides, if we give you a release date and then happen to miss it by a day or two (which can very easily happen for an all-volunteer project of this complexity), then you'll be even more irritated than you already are.

You say you don't want a -1 karma?  Okay.  You're relatively new here and probably just a little over-enthusiastic, so consider this a simple warning.  However, I am removing your little off-topic double-post excursion and locking this thread.

-Tarkus

LOL!!

Not third release of nam, but 15th release aka Nam version 30!!!
@Tarkus Please don't release NAM version 30 after January 1, 2012!! I'm impatient for NAM version 30!

I'm sorry for my bad english. I'm Indonesian
Ane lagi nungguin NAM 30 ama RHW 5.0 keluar, baru bikin kota :)

alvinheriadi

I want ask. Why i writing W-T-F (without dashes) becoming Where's the Fries? (next time we'll wash your mouth out with soap)??

I writing W-T-F meaing What the f**k because i'm shock seeing sentence wroten "There is no release date for next NAM"

I'm sorry if this thread is on the wrong forum

I'm newbie here   :newbie: :newbie: :newbie:
Ane lagi nungguin NAM 30 ama RHW 5.0 keluar, baru bikin kota :)

Fabian93

You've just made 4 posts and I'd already vote you "the most annoying member on SC4D ever"...
Either develop your own "Nam 30" or just wait... it's not like you are paying Tarkus and the others for anything - you don't even have some kind of claim to NAM... so spamming the whole forum with topics like "I want NAM 30 coming more quickly" is definitely the wrong way...

WC_EEND

there is no release date for the next NAM means that it will be ready when it's ready (IWBRWIR), most SC4 development teams don't set release dates because for everyone, RL comes first and thus want to avoid the hassle of having to dissapoint everyone with release dates that are not made.

As for the changing of W TF, I suspect that's a forum auto-censor function that has been implemented during the recent forum upgrade.

hope this helped,

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Gringamuyloca

As a new member I strongly encourage you to read this before you are no longer a member.
Tamara

MandelSoft

Please stop spamming the forums with "I want the next NAM NOW!"  This might result for you to get banned from this site.

By the way, if you had the next NAM now, it will be full of bugs, missing and unfinished features, unstable stuff (some of which the game will crash), missing texts and faulty paths. Do you want all that? I imagine that most people (including myself as a NAM member and tester) will be very annoyed about that.

We are trying to do our best to overcome this problems and make the public release as bug-free as possible. And we are all doing this in our free time, so try to show a bit more respect for those who make it possible that there actually IS a NAM at all.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

dedgren

Alvin (alvinheriadi):  Presumably you'll be reading this as a guest, because the staff, in light of your fairly rude and obnoxious comments more or less demanding release of the next NAM, have given you an enforced 15 day vacation.  The particular comments that motivated that action were made, I note, after a number of members (thank you, folks!), Alex (Tarkus) and I had tried to communicate to you in the clearest terms possible [linkie] that every  new NAM release is "done when it's done," a rule that has been in place literally since the first release.

We know that the release of a new NAM version is one of the most eagerly awaited events in the SC4 community.  There's nothing wrong with a sense of excitement about that happening.  There are literally dozens of NAM-related threads that are available to post your thoughts and comments about new content in, and everyone is encouraged to do that in a constructive way.  Some great ideas that have turned into NAM content have come from community comments.

Simply demanding release of the NAM at some particular time- NOW! being one of the most frequently heard- is not acceptable, however.  As others have said, and better than I can, the NAM is a complex group effort undertaken by people who volunteer their time.  Nobody is being paid to spend time on this work, and the only reward the team will get when it is released is the knowledge that they have been part of a job well done.  In my experience, creating the content- doing the texturing, BATting and coding- is only about half of the job.  The other half, and the real challenge, is the long period of testing that goes on to make sure everything works right on release as opposed to after the 5th bug fix six months later.  The NAM Team has a great track record of getting things right the first time, and this has become harder and harder as the NAM has grown more and more complex.

Then there are the site's rules.  We don't curse or use gratuitous vulgar language or phrases in posting here at SC4D because that's not what this site is about.  We have members of all ages and from around the world here, and we'd like to think we offer a place on the Web that is about sharing a good time with like-minded folks centered around a game that, truth be told, we have come to love over the years.  This doesn't have a thing to do with free speech, either.  You want to express yourself in a crude manner?  There's thousands of websites where you can do that.  Just don't do it here if you want to remain a member in good standing.

So we'll see you in about two weeks.  We'll see the new NAM release, well... when we see it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax