• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TESTERS *Needed* - NAM Traffic Simulator

Started by jplumbley, January 14, 2008, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palpatine001

Trust you jplumbley to find my one and write 3 paragraphs on a tiny comment I made even though I mentioned shake down test, and conditions on my oldest 3 cities needing more indepth testing - ie need more time and not worry you will get your pics  :P

Btw thanks for the piece on Commute Time graph  :thumbsup:.

Now then end of week and Ill give an indepth report on IPC, Rangitoto Town and Te Puke.
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Starmanw402007

Hey JP, I have to start a new city of Steven's Point for Nam Simulator Test. Cause Sim City 4 itself started acting up on me LOL. I had to reinstall the game to make some things work ok. And I had a good city growing, fine time for game to act up LOL. Well, its back to the drawing board has they say.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

xxdita

Suddenly, I'm facing abandonment & my traffic network just isn't able to deal with the higher stages of CAM. Can't get anything above a stage 13 to grow, even with ample Regional Capacities, and all other caps met. Played for 20 years, and routes changed consistently.

jplumbley

Quote from: xxdita on January 22, 2008, 08:27:05 PM
Suddenly, I'm facing abandonment & my traffic network just isn't able to deal with the higher stages of CAM. Can't get anything above a stage 13 to grow, even with ample Regional Capacities, and all other caps met. Played for 20 years, and routes changed consistently.

Now.. thats what I was waiting to see.

Can you get me a pic of your Zone Map?  I am assuming SW half is R and NE is C?  So, all your sims are crossing the city in the same direction.  I have a feeling the Capacity cannot handle your population.  The grid like fashion is actually bad for this if residents and jobs arent mixed in together.  Although what is intruiging is your roads are not over capacity.  There seems to be an invisible "line" that is stopping sims from going further, I have a feeling this is where the maximum distance of the travel is.

Please take pictures of the general status of you city, such as where the abandonment is occuring.  The Commute Time Graph, Traffic Graph, Zone Map.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

xxdita

It helps to go back to the same city, huh?  ::)
Yup, playing in grids. Res in the NE corner, Com in SE corner, then Ind in the entire West. But its only a Medium Tile.
More pics:

Edit: bah, I hate imageshack...

SC4BOY

OK JP I had a chance to look over my plugins files to check the reason for the conflict in the street capacities

As you recall I said that the streets started turning around 100-200 and by 500 they were a deep, dark red on the congestion map. You mentioned that you thought streets should have a capacity of 1000.

Here are the only "capacity etc" files that I can find and the structure/order in the folders in the plugins

-FILES STILL IN PLUGINS
In NAM plugins folder
   z_JPlumbleys_Traffic_Plugin_v2.dat
In NAM zPlugins in a folder called "slopemods"
   SlopeMod_v1.dat
In zzMODS folder in a folder zHSRBeta folder
   harp.dat  and  EDIT: This should be HSRP.dat (High Speed Rail Project)
   z_HSR_over_GLR_SupportFiles.dat
-REMOVED FILES
Network Addon Mod folder subfolder zPlugins
   NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_PerfectPathfinding_2xCapacity_10xSpeeds_10xCommute.dat
and a folder z_CAM
   NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_BetterPathfinding_CAM_PromoteWalking.dat

If you can see why this would reset the capacities, let me know.. or if there are other things I should look at.

jplumbley

@SC4BOY... I am not 100% sure since I do not have a copy of the HSR Mod, but if I am not mistaken that has a version of the Simulator in it because it alters the speed of the Monorail.  If this is true it conflicts and my Simulator must be loaded after the HSR files.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

SC4BOY

I'm not using the HSRP in this region, so I'll just remove it for now and see how that goes..

wouanagaine

-FILES STILL IN PLUGINS
In NAM plugins folder
In NAM zPlugins in a folder called "slopemods"
   SlopeMod_v1.dat
In zzMODS folder in a folder zHSRBeta folder
   harp.dat  and
so the files will load in the following order :
   SlopeMod_v1.dat
   harp.dat

as you can see, JPlumbley mod will load first where it should load last. make a ZZZ folder in your PLUGINS folder ( or anything else than ZZZ that will make it last when sorting by name ) and put  z_JPlumbleys_Traffic_Plugin_v2.dat in it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

xxdita

With some sensible rezoning, and added MT, I am happy to report absolutely no abandonment or delapidation, even after a huge population explosion.

And most impressive, I think, is how much growth this enables, when playing with a little sense.

SC4BOY

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 23, 2008, 11:50:31 PM
so the files will load in the following order :
   SlopeMod_v1.dat
   harp.dat

as you can see, JPlumbley mod will load first where it should load last. make a ZZZ folder in your PLUGINS folder ( or anything else than ZZZ that will make it last when sorting by name ) and put  z_JPlumbleys_Traffic_Plugin_v2.dat in it

Sounds like it really should go in the old z-CAM folder then.. ;)  (for those using CAM)
Thanks for your note.. I'll see to it that happens.

Edit: Okies.  worked fine.. NOW streets have 1000 capacity.. ;) I assume NOW my capacities for the HSR is messed up. How to I get the HSR to load properly AND have the JP stuff work as well?  Is it possible to make a plugin that has "nuls" entered in certain parts? For example the HSR only affects the monorail network which it replaces.. could the dat be written such that it only overwrote the monorail and left all others just as they were set before this file?
In this way this order thing would be less risky.

SC4BOY

Just a note.. The instructions for the new NAM traffic plugins are not correct .. they say to remove, "just remove the files".. clearly this will not take the person back to his previous condition.

xxdita

You would have to put whatever traffic plugin you were using before back in to your Plugins folder. If you used Cleanitol to remove them, the files have been safely stored in your Docs/SimCity 4/BSC_Cleanitol folder, in a subfolder named by the date of your backup.

SC4BOY

Of course I understand this.. I'm just pointing out that the installer/documentation used a "template" and was not updated to reflect the actual install/uninstall.. ;)

jplumbley

Street Addon Mod - SAM