• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 (Full Release) Now Available

Started by Tarkus, January 14, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

As the NAM 32 has been superseded by the official release of NAM 33 as of 26 November 2015, this thread has been locked and remains in place as an archive.

In honor of the 11th anniversary of SimCity 4's release, the NAM Team is pleased to announce the arrival of the full release of the 32nd edition of the NAM, NAM 32. 

Edit: Available again after ensuring the correct controller build was included.  Please note that the sidebar art in the installer will still say "pre-release" at all distribution sites--this is a minor error.  All the other text (including the window title) will indicate the fact that you have the full release of NAM 32.  As there were no other critical issues found, the sidebar art did not merit a re-upload.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
SC4 Devotion LEX | ModDB

New features in Version 32--January 14, 2014

NAM 32 is a full package, which improves upon the earlier NAM 31.2 release and NAM 32 Pre-Release.  Note that the NAM requires a retail copy (disc or digital) of SimCity 4 Deluxe to run.

• The NAM Elevated Viaducts for Roads, One-Way Roads, and Avenues are now available in a draggable form, at both Level 1 (7.5 meter) and Level 2 (15 meter) heights, complete with FLEX Height and On-Slope transitions.  Overpass situations involving one or more diagonal networks are not yet supported, and will not be available until a future NAM release after Version 32.
  • Elevated Rail-over-Avenue and Elevated Rail-over-NWM Road-4 dual-networking support has been added, complete with a new station supporting both networks.
  • The initial phases of the RealRailway (RRW) system have been added.  This feature must be selected as part of a custom install.
  • The RealHighway (RHW) system has been expanded to include the QuickChange interchange system, which blends the RHW's modularity with the ease of Maxis Highway construction techniques for certain situations, which will be expanded in future NAM releases.  Additionally, several new types of FLEXRamps are available--please read the instructions in the description text.  FLEX Transitions have also been given stability improvements for certain situations.
  • Coupled with the RHW system, the NAM now offers Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) functionality, including stations.
  • Transit station functionality has been further improved, including the beginning of the implementation of the SLURP, which will gradually raise all transit stations to NAM standards.
  • The NAM Controller Compiler has been included with the installer, with which it now communicates, ensuring that only the installed features are incorporated into the NAM Controller, reducing file size and load times.
  • About 50 bugs reported since the start of the NAM 32 Pre-Release have also been squished, including some that had been present since earlier versions of the NAM.  It is highly recommended that users update to the latest NAM in order to enjoy a more stable experience.

Installing over previous versions: NAM 32 may be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases. It is a full release, not a patch or a hotfix. All
future updates are planned to be in full package form, and there are no plans to issue patches or hotfixes in the future. Please also note that the NAM Team only provides
technical support for the most recent version, which, as of this document, is NAM 32. We cannot assist users of the NAM 32 Pre-Release, NAM 31.x-series release, or earlier.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community who helped test the NAM 32 Pre-Release, offering feedback and helping us locate and solve bugs.

APSMS

Very nice! Will be looking forward to trying this out. Thanks for all the hard work; looking forward to some of the new features and improved stability. &apls
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Simcoug

240MB of pure awesome.   ;D

Nice work NAM Team, your hard work and generosity is truly appreciated!   &apls

jgehrts

Just to make sure I'm not losing my mind... the image on the left side of the installer window says Network Addon Mod PRE-RELEASE when I installed it. Anybody else have that, or is the issue the guy I see in the mirror?

thomaslc

Downloaded and installed. Everything seems to be working perfectly for now. Thanks a lot!

epicblunder

You guys are awesome   :thumbsup:

Now excuse me while i go do some happy dancing.

mgarcia

Geometry123

HOLY FULL RELEASE BATMAN!!! :o :o :o

Thank you NAM Team for the freaking awesome work! Keep up the good work to infinity and beyond! &apls &apls &apls
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

gn_leugim

thank yuo very much, in name of me and all other mes that ply SC4 :D  &apls &apls

Jack_wilds

congrats on a great -mostly clean release, of the best version to date... kudos all round...  &apls &apls &apls

Cheddar

Quote from: jgehrts on January 15, 2014, 10:27:36 AM
Just to make sure I'm not losing my mind... the image on the left side of the installer window says Network Addon Mod PRE-RELEASE when I installed it. Anybody else have that, or is the issue the guy I see in the mirror?

I saw that too when I installed it, but upon seeing the NAM folder in my plugins, it was the full NAM 32. I guess someone just forgot to change the text in the installer.
Let's face it, we all Mayors have met the invasion of Failure in SimCity 4.

MTT9

You can call me Matt

Stewey

Thank you NAM Team for all the hard work you do to make the game better. :)

Starmanw402007

I was prevented from downloading Nam 32, because it said that it could harm my computer. I wasn't sure why I said that.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

droric

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on January 18, 2014, 10:10:41 AM
I was prevented from downloading Nam 32, because it said that it could harm my computer. I wasn't sure why I said that.

Windows 8.1 (maybe 8.0 too) will say this since the program is not digitally signed with a publisher certificate.  It is safe to ignore this warning by hitting more information and then the install anyways link.  A code signing cert costs money and needs to be renewed every year.  I am unsure if there are other ways around this since I haven't had much packaging experience yet with 8.1.  Either way the file is safe to install as is.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

TEG24601

Well, I installed it on my Mac today, and everything works with the same provisos as 31, except I cannot have any component of the RHW installed.  I guess that means I'll be going back to 31.

MandelSoft

Why not? If it's a bug, we'd certainly like to know...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

NAM 32 is awesome! Congratulations on a job well done.  &apls  &apls  &apls

TEG24601

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 18, 2014, 03:08:08 PM
Why not? If it's a bug, we'd certainly like to know...

Well, I went through all of the troubleshooting I could.  With the RHW core file installed, the game freezes.  With it out, it loads.  Of course, nothing works with the NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat loaded either (unless paused), and hasn't since NAM 30.

Wodong

Always like trying out possibilities with NAM.  But I came across an issue when using Dedgren's optional NAM install rail texture (it's nice) and trying to use FLUPS Road (or maybe it was Street) under rail.  Texture reverts the train track to the default.  My googlefu is weak, apparently, since I find anything relating to this particular issue.  I believe I was trying both orthogonal road and rail, as well as orthogonal road and diagonal rail.

Don't know if it's a bug, glitch, or if it's just not implemented.  Or user error, of course.