• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make side by side bridges?

Started by Sim_Idiot, April 12, 2008, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Handson ... here is a link to the under-onramp pieces you were asking about.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=14903
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

jeronij

So, they do exist ....  :D  :D  :D ... thanks for the useful link RLT  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

HandsOn

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on May 03, 2008, 01:53:57 PM
Handson ... here is a link to the under-onramp pieces you were asking about.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=14903
Becca, we've got to stop meeting like this..  :D

Sorry, though, but I have those, and unless they don't show up in the menu, I've yet to work out what to do with them.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

JoeST

HandsOn, the best way to figure out how to use something that isnt very pre-plop friendly is plop it on flat, open ground :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HandsOn

Quote from: star.torturer on May 03, 2008, 03:28:36 PM
HandsOn, the best way to figure out how to use something that isnt very pre-plop friendly is plop it on flat, open ground :)

Joe
That ain't it: it's that none of the pieces seem to fit under tha ramps, no matter how you turn them

SC4BOY

To the best of my knowledge only 1 set of walls contains the pieces you suggest.. though it MAY be included in MAS71's new release of his "All in One" set (Japan forum)

These pieces are available on the STEX (search "walls".. you should find it).. sorry i have no link

Swamper77

Quote from: HandsOn on May 03, 2008, 03:16:13 PM
Becca, we've got to stop meeting like this..  :D

Sorry, though, but I have those, and unless they don't show up in the menu, I've yet to work out what to do with them.

The walls are probably located in the power menu as BuddyBud deemed that to be a not so used menu. ;)

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

SC4BOY

Excellent point.. I'd forgotten the power menu thing .. its also true that several MML's exist for those lots, any one of which would block the display unless you plop the MML

HandsOn

Quote from: Swamper77 on May 03, 2008, 11:18:16 PM
The walls are probably located in the power menu as BuddyBud deemed that to be a not so used menu. ;)

-Swamper
Correct, that's where they are found (a second set is found in the Misc. Trans menu). But the problem is this (see pic): some of the pices seem to have park paths attached and I've no idea on how to fit them. Yet BB's add-on clearly shows under-onramp usage..I'm baffled..

SC4BOY

It wouild seem you have a mix of sets.. which is easy to do as they evolved over time.. you just need to find the right "piece".. they aren't in a total set as best I recall .. you'll just have to go hunting .. there are many ideas and concepts that were evolving at the time.. under-extensions, "support' extensions, over-path extensions (ie walking paths) slanted vs "filled" walls, etc.. and many were even released with the diagonal pieces and orthogonal pieces in seperate dl's

HandsOn

I must have downloaded these particular pieces time and time again. Since Jeronji (whom I believe to be present at this site from time to time  :P ) came up with the original, how about a re-packaging of them, cleaintol file and all, to sort them out?? I don't know if BB's still around for an update..??

RebaLynnTS

You have 2 serarate problems ... another download is conflicting with the texture IIDs. The second, ehn ever you plop on of the under-ramp pieces, besure the orientation arrow if pointing downward (6:00), all other pieces need to have the arrow pointing upwards (12:00) (except the top and bottom pieces, which should point to the right of the top or 3:00). If you need any more help, I'll do some pictures later.

Oh, the joiners are for doing these walls in multiple levels.
Becca

HandsOn

Thanks, Becca. The conflict of texture ID's makes sense. How do I find out which is the culprit?

Don't worry about pictures, until the conflict is resolved I stick with the mas71 (or marrast) pieces - I've just redone a few miles of h-way with them..  :-[

SC4BOY

Hehe.. .know what you mean... I'm sure some clever person will come up with "dragable walls" one of these days where you only have to "plop plop plop" the special effects areas while the rest will just be "colored in" ..  $%#Ninj2

RebaLynnTS

Just find the set with the trails in it.
Becca

HandsOn

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on May 04, 2008, 01:53:05 PM
Just find the set with the trails in it.
Unfortunately that proved futile thus far. I know that I've had this problem since I first downloaded the add-ons. The park menu yielded nothing, hence it must be a building. One day the search will continue..  ()sad()