• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SLR (Single Lane Road) Project Thread

Started by SimsReporter, August 18, 2007, 08:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

yeah, sorry for that confusion... woops

i will edit my post now

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

ExiLe

looks like you guys might get this sorted out...
I can't wait to get my hands on the first release :)

...coming soon

Dexter

Hi, sorry to bump the thread, but I created these last week and forgot.

I created some UK/EURO style SLR road textures. They are nowhere near finished, and I am not sure that I'm happy with the street intersection texture  ()what().

Please let me know what you think.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

jplumbley

Man, how can you think your bumping the thread?  You are showing progress!!  That is awesome!

Now, if only Alex or I had some time to work on the SLR RULs...  &mmm
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

Dexter, Nice Update. I'm looking forward to using that in my city.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Olasz

here the internal lane is for vehicles able to keep a minimum speed, all slower vehicles must take the right lane. Thus, it is the right lane merging into the internal lane

Olasz

vester

Dexter: That looks great.

btw: Bumping, that is posting in an old thread just to hear how things are going, without having anything to add to the thread. I would say you're adding something to the thread. :P

Pat

Yuppers most defiantly a contribution to the thread... WOW that is stunning texturing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Cool!  I really like that texture Dexter!  Keep it up!

Tarkus

Dexter, this is indeed an awesome development--those textures look fantastic! :thumbsup:

At any rate, I actually may be able to copy-paste and find-replace some stuff over from the MIS for the RULs on this.  The two mods are actually very similar in a lot of ways in that the textures are very sensitive directionally, since they're not symmetrical.

-Alex (Tarkus)

casual criminal

here in eastern PA several roads open into two lanes in one direction because of short intervals between intersections, often rather than staying two lanes after the intersection the rightmost will be a right turning lane.

Tolsome

Hi  ;D
I made a typical german SLR texture for you. When you like it, I can finished this texture for the complete SLR.
The colours are the original EURO-RHW. So for mixing (SLR with RHW) there are no more problems. :)

@Dexter: When you want, can we work together and make a complete EURO-Texture for all things :)

Ryan B.

Dexter, do you mind if I use your image as a base for an American texture for this project?

Dexter

@burgsabre87

Of course you can - It's good to see this project making progress  :) .

I need to complete more of these textures, but I have been busy lately, and thought it might be worth waiting for some more development in the RULs before I make some more. If I have time, I might have some more by Sunday.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

TopCliff

I can't believe I've missed this project. This is excellent work, a much needed addition to the realism component of SimCity. As a matter of fact, there's one here in Sacramento. I eagerly wait for the release of this.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Tolsome

What you think about my texture? Working about 3 hours! ;)

Oh, and here is an alternative. This texture is more typical in Germany/Europe:

OR

SimsReporter

I see a Difference. Nice Job Tolsome :bravo:
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

RebaLynnTS

I think the last, center white line, is a bit to close to the merge point, mabe make it shorter, or get rid of it. Also, I like the rounded version better, more flowing. Over all this is great work.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Shadow Assassin

The merge in that texture's too sudden, that's the problem. Otherwise, it's good.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!