• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Formation of RAM Team

Started by dedgren, February 03, 2008, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

The SC4D RAM Team is in the process of organizing.  The team will be working on new track configurations, textures, and other additions to the "vanilla" SC4 rail components.  Previous projects, such as wide-radius rail curves, have been developed and released as part of the NAM, and it is hoped that the RAM Team will be able to have at least an official partnership with the NAM Gods and develop RAM content as plugins included in the NAM.  For now, this separate area is being set up to highlight and showcase its ongoing work and to promote ongoing interest and discussion in the community in the exciting custom content we know is possible to add to this great game.

CALL FOR MEMBERS:
Initial Members.  I will assist in organizing the team, but ultimately it will be up to the folks who are interested and willing to make the substantial commitment of time to keep it up and running.  Our friend Tolsome has been the one to push for more formal creation of the team, so he has been made a co-moderator of this thread with Andreas, as the "go-to guy" for all things in NAM.  memo, jplumbley, RebaLynnTS, Filasimo, and Frankie have expressed interest so far.

Are You Interested in Joining the Effort?  If there's anyone else who'd like to see this project off at the ground floor, so to speak, let us know.  The hours are long, the work is hard, but the rewards are incredible!

Thank you for your interest in the RAM Team!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat Riot

Dredgen great idea, rail is one of my favorite transit systems. If there is anything i can do to help, give me a pm.

porter66083

Well, if you guys need any help on textures or Photoshopping, I'm free if you guys want!

Jacob

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

Starmanw402007

Dred, this was a great idea creating a new forum for Ram team. I also love trains, howbeit... I dont have the exepierence in modding Darn!  :D. Only if I did, I would join the team and help.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

vester

I would like to be an associated member of the team, maybe see what I can contributed with as the work progress.

Diggis

I'm available for advice but the SAM is taking priority first.  I'm more than happy to help out otherwise.

ejc

You should contact this man; http://www.simforum.de/member.php?u=6228

It's "Kenworth" from Germany, Andreas would know him.. He is always busy with making something with railroads in SC4

he has allready made some great stuff!!

good luck,

E

royal

KennY is going to make more rail stuff and locomotives, like more passenger cars (try Google for n-Wagen), more locomotives like BR 232 "Ludmilla", BR 155 "Container", etc.
I think he will be read this  :P
Member of the SimForumBatTeam (SFBT)

Glenni

Can't say i could help much at modding, but if you need models, i can gladly help out! :thumbsup:

mightygoose

what width is the Avenue median, thee is something i have always wanted to make.... that would be RAM.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dragonshardz

Meh what the heck I'll join. Can't do much in the way of modeling but can lot and learning the Reader. Also (re)learning (X)HTML and CSS, so can do that sorta stuff. Learning basic scripting (besides CSS, don't remember which) as well.

~~Dragonshardz~~

north country dude

Hey! This sounds really cool! (sheesh, the PC goes in the shop for a couple weeks and all sorts of interesting projects pop up,... :P )

I'd be interested in joining if y'all would have me.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

Orange Julius

I'd love to join, but I don't have Photoshop. I have a slow PC with Illustrator but I have no real skills elsewhere.
Gone now...

ogauge47

superhands

i don't mind helping the effort -textures and models wise. $%Grinno$%

dragonshardz

I'll help. I'm willing to make the readme and anything else of that sort!

bighead99 and Warrior, expect a PM soon!

~~Dragonshardz~~