• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A challenge to the best of the best...

Started by T1, February 25, 2008, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T1

Hey everyone, I being the transportation freak along with a few other's here have a recommendation, well just me that is. Would anyone know of a way to make like a station where you can put a car/truck/tank whatever onto a flat train car? That would be really really cool, and that'd be something different to see.. let me know if it is possible or not, thanks.

dragonshardz

make a station lot and use props to do that.

RebaLynnTS

Do you mean, putting something on the automata train?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

T1

Jonathan

It is possible to convert Cars,etc to trains, but the visual effect will be random, meaning sometimes you will see cars on flat bed trains but no cars are being converted to trains. And vice versa.
Technically speaking it is very easy but visually not so.

T1

Quote from: Warrior on February 26, 2008, 12:15:13 PM
It is possible to convert Cars,etc to trains, but the visual effect will be random, meaning sometimes you will see cars on flat bed trains but no cars are being converted to trains. And vice versa.
Technically speaking it is very easy but visually not so.

Ohh I see. Hmm well thanks.

Swamper77

Putting vehicle automata onto trains can be done. It involves creating models of train cars with cars/trucks/tanks/etc. on them. The game won't automatically add them itself (ie have the cars drive onto the train cars). The game adds tanks and other cargo via the game's EffectsDirectory file. Unfortunately, there isn't a satisfactory way to reference the EffectsDirectory entries and attach them to a model. To do so, one has to deal with a lot of Hex code entries. Therefore, the simplest way is to make custom train car models with the vehicles as part of the train car model.

As for making a lot that represents a car loading facility, that is even easier to do. Someone just needs to make the lot with the appropriate props and textures.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!