• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OK it has been a few hours since i lasted posted.  So here what has happened since i last posted, BRT Wimps is
what i have been using for over year now and i never knew i was missing a dependency hmm go fig my luck today i
was out hunting for anther dependency for a BLS farm lot and i decied to look around at the fire boat for
Wimps and i notice something i was missing download it and now I'm redoing my seaport area lol. 
So in the process of redoing the seaport i went into redoing the river that flows to the port. 
So i pulled out the old stuff around there and booom i reborn the area.
So now i was ready for the RAIN tool and well something happend and
i flooded Big Shur something bad.  So here is some of them pics from Big Shur TV channel 12 (BSTV12)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heinz

OMG man OMG!!! where's noah's ark??? fire up the jet skis and the speed boats!!! hope no1 was hurt with the flooding. specially with the news of a tsunami that killed at least 13 in the solomon islands this morning.  :(

Fred_Ginger

My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

dedgren

Ahhh, yes...

...the old "I'm never using that $%@#! rain tool again" effect...

It gets everyone sooner or later, Pat.  No worries.  Just make sure the vents are open at the bottom of your monitor.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Wow! That's quite the flood! At least you were able to use the rain tool mistake to your advantage! Also, I love the "news" coverage idea. Great job!

threestooges

Way to turn a slip-up into something positive. It's creativity like this that helps to make this so good. The flood's pretty bad though... hopefully it'll dry out quickly.

emilin

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mark

I have a Question ?

once that has happened is there any way to remove it other than (exit without save) or is that the only option :( ?

happened to me a few times :) and i always forget to save before i use it   :'(

mark

dedgren

Hey Mark, you obviously missed my comment back up a few...

Quoteonce that has happened is there any way to remove it other than (exit without save) or is that the only option Sad ?

Like I said, just make sure the vents are open at the bottom of your monitor.

...shame on me.  Actually, I think that it is permanent for that game session.  I don't think that it does the damage a flood disaster does- when you exit the game and return, everything is pretty much right back to normal.  Don't take my word for it, though.  "Rain" on an area of one of your cities you don't particularly care about, save and the come back.  We'll be waiting for the results.

Good luck!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mark

Ah i missed that David  :D

i have done as you suggested and the water seems to go back to the normal level( however there was a loss of some coastal lots as the game loaded back up but nothing too major )

Mark

Flipside

lol, weird!

Your MD is always interesting, Pat.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Heinz:  Oh wow that is sooo weird i didn't even know that had happened whoops.
i hope they are recovering well over there. Ohh yea the mayor Cal Transion did
declare a State of Emergency and all with boats that wasn't effected where asked
to help pull every one to safety.

Vicki:  LoL i totally agree.

David X's 2:  LoL i know it gets everyone sooner or later but me twice now lol gezzzzzzzs i thought
it was said that lightning never strikes twice in the same spot.  ohhh wait they never said
anything about floods lol.  Thank god for the pumps to dry everything out.
Thank you David for helping out and taking good care of Mark :thumbsup:

Emilin:  Yuppers ;D

Mark X's 2:  One other thing to add to what David did say is though yes there will be some loss
but it is manageable.  what i did and i knew it would be a heavy loss this time around is not to save but normally
i do save after a flood.
Mark we all tend to miss a few details every now and then its all good.

Flip:  Thank you very much I'm trying to keep it interesting. lol

OK now with all that out of the way i guess i will show off now what I've been tinkering around with.
Also thank you everyone for your help and support as i do know i haven't updated in awhile been
re working the plugins grrrrrr.  So with out further ado here we goooooooooooooooo.

Waterfalls

Pic One is showing a left side view of the waterfall.

Pic is showing the right side of the falls.

Pic three is showing the front view of the falls.

So yea those are my first attempt at doing a waterfall.
PLease be as mean as possible.  Ohh wait i should say be nice as possible lol.

()stsfd()

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mark

emilin

Yeah, it looks good. If I would have anything that is not perfect it might be that it's a bit "square", but essentially it looks like a real waterfall. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Your waterfall looks pretty good! The only thing that I noticed that was a bit strange was not the waterfall itself, but the position of the mountain that the waterfall runs down. I could be wrong, though, depending on the rest of the region. Either way, the waterfall is great. Keep up the good work!

kimcar

:thumbsup: Nice job . They are looking very good.

Fred_Ginger

Pat, I think your waterfall looks really good!  Your mountain reminds me of a geological feature we have in Norther California called "The Sutter Buttes",  If you look at a topographical map of NorCal there looks to be a big 'pimple in the middle of the Sacramento Valley - that's the Buttes, they just sit there looking weird!  Look Here  orhere
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

dedgren

QuotePLease be as mean as possible.  Ohh wait i should say be nice as possible lol.

Pat- you can't possibly think anyone would have anything mean to say about those cascades- for a "first attempt," they're pretty darn good.

I have to tell you- I come here for inspiration.  You aren't afraid to try stuff and post post it for folks to look at- that's really great.  I never leave here without a new idea.

Must be spring in Rhinelander, my friend.  Is the ice out on the lakes yet?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

Chippewa Lake and Chippewa Creek's spillway

PIC # 1 This is a shot of Chippewa creek in a final setup.

PIC # 2 Is an older shot of Chippewa Lake.

PIC # 3 Yet anther older shot of Chippewa Lake.

PIC # 4 Last older shot of Chippewa Lake. Even though not much really changed.

PIC # 5 This shot we see a temporary end of the waterfall, I really didn't like how it turned out

PIC # 6 We really begin to alter the spillway of Chippewa Creek's waterfall

PIC # 7 We are seeing anther progress portion of construction

PIC # 8 Here is anther shot of construction in progress

PIC # 9 Still yet a little more working on the spillway.

PIC # 10 Finally done woooohooo i hope this does turn out looking pretty good.

PIC # 11 Now here is the finish look of Chippewa Lake and Chippewa Creek, the waterfalls i cut
out because nothing of the waterfalls showed at full zoom out.

OK its now 4am and my wife is telling me for some strange reason its time for bed. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Later today (sunday) I will have replies and maybe anther update. Till then g'nite all - pat

meinhosen

Wow, awesome job on the lake and the spillway pat.  You're doing some great work with the ploppable water and the ploppable rocks.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?