• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plugin pack Code

Started by ugo, October 05, 2015, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugo

Hello.
Where can I find informations about the plugins pack that aren't present at the start of the game?
For example a box appears with any pluginpac numbers like pack 424377679.
If I look for it in google nothig results.
How can I understand which mod is connected to this number?
Usually the list is long 7/10 elements.
Someone can help me?
Thanks to everybody.
Ugo

mgb204

The ID (numbers) you are seeing don't really mean anything, there isn't a list you can cross reference. (edit: That's me being about as wrong as one can be  &ops)

However, usually this problem will manifest itself in-game as big brown boxes. Find the lots with these boxes and then you should be able to work out which download they are part of. Having established that, you can then look at the original readme file or instructions to see what dependencies you need for a given item. If you search your plugins folder at this point, it should be obvious what is missing.

I will add, it's worth paying close attention to the readmes of everything you install for SC4. These sorts of problems tend not to happen if you take the time to check the documentation and test new items in game.

vortext

The numbers are actually the decimal representations of the hexadecimal IID, though the game only reports on missing ploppable buildings since they have the PluginPackID property.

So in this case you're looking for a building with instance 0x194b7d4f, which is quite useful since there actually is a list to cross reference, namely Catty's awesome ID catalog! A quick search there reveals you're looking for SPAM_FarmSupplies.dat, and a simple search in my archive furthermore reveals that file is part of Paeng's SPAM Addon Pack Vol01.

But yeah, paying attention to the readme's is well advised since growable lots and a host of other content will not yield any warning messages if they're missing.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

catty

Good to know the CATALOG is working as intended   ()stsfd()  I've got about another 9 lists to upload where there should be a matching picture to go with it and then another list that I don't have any pictures, its also quite big so I might have to split it up into several smaller lists

EDIT: Pictures are separate and here

http://www.city-builders.info/catalog
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

ugo

Thank you very much Vortext!!! &apls
So, when ever I have a error number, I can change it into an Exadecimal number and look for it in that list.
Very good!!!
Very fine also the catalog per imagines of catty. :thumbsup:
Thanks to all.
Ugo

catty

Quote from: ugo on October 18, 2015, 05:42:28 AM
...I can change it into an Exadecimal number and look for it in that list...

Just be aware that I still have quite a bit to upload for these lists and also I have stopped updating them.

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Quote from: catty on October 05, 2015, 02:17:53 PM
...I've got about another 9 lists to upload where there should be a matching picture to go with it and then another list that I don't have any pictures, its also quite big so I might have to split it up into several smaller lists...

I've still got the list (without pictures) to do, but the rest can be found here

https://city-builders.info/cb-documents/13-catalog-by-picture

:)