• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

A great tribute and tutorial.

This is one of my favorite places to visit.

Keep up the great work pat.

Todd

tooheys

Nice update Pat, I like playing with military bases and this looks just fine :thumbsup:.

I understand it's not quite a traditional base, instead of reveille, they play this.  ()stsfd()
(quite an appropriate update to fire my reply shot in the theme war  :D)

On a serious note, great tribute.

Cheers

Dave

threestooges

Pat,
The tutorial thing cleared things up a bit. What I really want to comment on though, is the military base. It's well laid out and a fitting tribute. I also like the open areas in the second to last pic (with the rail station), field training areas or just open space? Either way, well done. Take it easy, I'll be watching for the next update.

Strechnitz

Hi Pat,

Great update and wonderful tutorial. You really covered every angle on this  :thumbsup:
I am amazed at the possibilities of the rain tool and all. I should try them out myself.

when in the future I have a problem with water I know who to call ;D

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Pat

WOW I feel so bad that I haven't had updated here in a month eeeeeks bad me!!!  Well with that i do have something to show to everyone who probably thought i forgotten about my MD well nope I haven't and now i present to every one oooooooh wait some replies are in order first ain't they?? Yes they are!!!

Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 11, 2007, 04:24:59 PM
Very Nice indeed Pat &apls. Good work with the tutorial, the dedication on Remembrance Sunday and the nice army base. All in all  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

:satisfied:
TTC

Quote from: Jmouse on November 11, 2007, 05:27:40 PM
A wonderful and fitting tribute, Pat. Few families have gone untouched by military service in one way or another. Most of us have friends or relatives who have served, and multitudes have contributed by writing to service men and women or helping to fill care packages.
My late husband served in the United States Air Force for four years during the Vietnam era.
Your military base looks great, but my prayer is that we'll someday reach a point where we no longer need them.

Until next time...
Joan

Quote from: Schulmanator on November 11, 2007, 05:31:24 PM
Wow! The tutorial was very helpful.  &apls I have yet to use the rain tool but need to give it a shot. And, the Veteran's tribute is very nice.    ;DWhat a great area. I would love to make one, but I cannot seem to get the SNM pieces to show up.  %confuso I am gonna have to try out your techniques for some great new water features in Monkey Island.  :)

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Quote from: kimcar on November 12, 2007, 05:22:22 AM
  &apls &apls Nice tribute, and great tutorial you have done my friend. It`s nice to see some other technic to build. Very usefull .Thanks and have fun

Quote from: FrankU on November 12, 2007, 05:47:13 AM
Nice tutorial.
But you put quite some effort in terraforming after the rain, and then you fill it up with rain again. Isn't the rain only useful because of the bridges? As far as I know the rain will disappear after closing the game and starting it again. So, for a saveable creek we need to work with ploppable water.
Or did I overlook something?

Lots of succes!

Quote from: bat on November 12, 2007, 08:19:15 AM
Wonderful update there, Pat!

Also great tutorial! :thumbsup:

Quote from: tkirch on November 13, 2007, 05:33:42 PM
A great tribute and tutorial.

This is one of my favorite places to visit.

Keep up the great work pat.

Todd

Quote from: tooheys on November 15, 2007, 01:38:10 AM
Nice update Pat, I like playing with military bases and this looks just fine :thumbsup:.

I understand it's not quite a traditional base, instead of reveille, they play this.  ()stsfd()
(quite an appropriate update to fire my reply shot in the theme war  :D)

On a serious note, great tribute.

Cheers

Dave

Quote from: threestooges on November 15, 2007, 10:28:36 PM
Pat,
The tutorial thing cleared things up a bit. What I really want to comment on though, is the military base. It's well laid out and a fitting tribute. I also like the open areas in the second to last pic (with the rail station), field training areas or just open space? Either way, well done. Take it easy, I'll be watching for the next update.

Hey Matt you get a special response as you had a direct question here,  The open spaces is supposed to be some training grounds and thank you for pointing that out... Was there still any question in reguards to the tut that you had? I could try and clarify further and i hope that update number 44 will cover it???

Quote from: Strechnitz on November 15, 2007, 10:57:19 PM
Hi Pat,

Great update and wonderful tutorial. You really covered every angle on this  :thumbsup:
I am amazed at the possibilities of the rain tool and all. I should try them out myself.

when in the future I have a problem with water I know who to call ;D

Strech.

OK I hate to do this but, I want to thank Derry, Joan, Bruce, KimCar, FrankU, Bat, Todd, Dave, Matt, AND Hubert.... You all are a great bunch and thank you for your wonderful comments on the last update even though it was a month ago and again I'm very sorry for this and with that here is special update!!!! So with out further Ado here is Update Number 43 "Special Re-Appearance"

So this concludes Update Number 43 and its now on the books stay tuned to Update Number 44 where we will get back on track with the tut!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That river is looking beautiful, Pat! Great work on the waterfalls there, too!
Wonderful pictures!

Looking forward to more...

TheTeaCat

Nice reappearance mate  :thumbsup:

Very good work with the TPW. shows the care and attention you put in . A Month ()what()  it was a month since the last update - so what, good things come to those who wait and this was one of those times :D

Till the next one dude  &apls

TTC

ps turn off grid
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Schulmanator

YESSSSSS!!

You are back and in power!

Lookin' fine, mon ami!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

thundercrack83

Welcome back, Pat!

And you've come back in full force! Edmontons River look and the lake look outstanding! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us, my friend! Keep it up!

Jmouse

Glad to see you back, Pat.
The lake and river look great, especially the falls which can be pretty tricky.
I'm starting to experiment a little bit with TPW myself and your pacesetting work and tutorials are most helpful.

Until next time...
Joan

Berethor

This is my first post in your amazing MD. It's really inspiring see your tutorials and landscapes.   &apls   &apls
I definitely looking forward for more.   :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

Quote from: bat on December 15, 2007, 02:12:51 AM
That river is looking beautiful, Pat! Great work on the waterfalls there, too!
Wonderful pictures!

Looking forward to more...

Bat welcome back my nocternal friend and im glad you loved the update!!!

Quote from: TheTeaCat on December 15, 2007, 04:02:11 AM
Nice reappearance mate  :thumbsup:

Very good work with the TPW. shows the care and attention you put in . A Month ()what()  it was a month since the last update - so what, good things come to those who wait and this was one of those times :D

Till the next one dude  &apls

TTC

ps turn off grid

Derry my favorite tea cat errr only tea cat that i know lol anyways i hope i gotten that small little issue corrected now!!!

Quote from: Schulmanator on December 15, 2007, 05:12:30 AM
YESSSSSS!!

You are back and in power!

Lookin' fine, mon ami!  :satisfied:

Heyyyyyyyy Schul welcome back here my funny split personalty friend, You know how to brighten someones day!!!

Quote from: thundercrack83 on December 15, 2007, 09:00:00 AM
Welcome back, Pat!

And you've come back in full force! Edmontons River look and the lake look outstanding! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us, my friend! Keep it up!

Dustin hey welcome back and thank you!!! I sure do hope you like what i got coming down the barrel now......

Quote from: Jmouse on December 15, 2007, 10:48:00 AM
Glad to see you back, Pat.
The lake and river look great, especially the falls which can be pretty tricky.
I'm starting to experiment a little bit with TPW myself and your pacesetting work and tutorials are most helpful.

Until next time...
Joan

Joan my faithful friend its because of you i havent given up here... I thank you for your lovely PM the other day as i dont remember responding to you but hey thank you again for being such a great friend!!!  If you need any help in TPW department dont hesitate, you know where to find lil ole me lol.....

Quote from: Berethor on December 15, 2007, 09:11:11 PM
This is my first post in your amazing MD. It's really inspiring see your tutorials and landscapes.   &apls   &apls
I definitely looking forward for more.   :thumbsup:

Berethor I welcome you to WaterFalls... I thank you for stopping in on me and i too belive this was your first visit to my neck of the woods and i do hope you stop back soon.....

OK to wet your taste buds and to make you think... OK so its late and im tired and leaving this one pic for now and i promiss when i get off from work later today on sunday either sunday or monday the full update will be on the books but for now without further ado

update number forty-four is now on the books...............

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Beautiful waterfall Pat, I can never get that mod to work how i want it to.  :thumbsup:

Now I'm still guessing about the update and that teaser. An aveneue overpass, but a level crossing nearby  ()what()
Looking forward to see what you come up with mate.

cheers

Dave

bat

Great teaser there and looking forward to the 44th update.. ;)

tkirch

Pat,

Glad to see you back.  I love the Edmonton River, it looked great.  The Pass River Flow looks just amazing.  You did a great job on making those.  It looks so realistic and so great.  Can't wait for another update, so glad to see your back.

blade2k5

This is my first visit here and I have to say I'm quite impressed with the tut's and your skill with waterfalls...never could get it right myself.  I look for ward to the next update and keep up the stunning work! :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Jmouse

*QUOTE: "I'm doing what here and showing this why?"*
Something tells me you tried out an idea then deleted part of it to produce a teaser.
Either that or you hate Sims and hope they'll fall off the edge! :P
Guess I'll just have to wait in line to find out, though.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Quote from: tooheys on December 16, 2007, 01:53:21 AM
Beautiful waterfall Pat, I can never get that mod to work how i want it to.  :thumbsup:

Now I'm still guessing about the update and that teaser. An aveneue overpass, but a level crossing nearby  ()what()
Looking forward to see what you come up with mate.

cheers

Dave

Thank you Dave Im glad you liked the waterfall and the teaser is shortly to be revealed....

Quote from: bat on December 16, 2007, 03:11:57 AM
Great teaser there and looking forward to the 44th update.. ;)

Bat im glad you loved the teaser and I hope you like the 44th Update that is coming now...

Quote from: tkirch on December 16, 2007, 06:42:18 PM
Pat,

Glad to see you back.  I love the Edmonton River, it looked great.  The Pass River Flow looks just amazing.  You did a great job on making those.  It looks so realistic and so great.  Can't wait for another update, so glad to see your back.

Hey Todd thank you for coming back and im glad you are loving the new updates and heres that next update and i hope to see you again soon......

Quote from: blade2k5 on December 16, 2007, 07:54:58 PM
This is my first visit here and I have to say I'm quite impressed with the tut's and your skill with waterfalls...never could get it right myself.  I look for ward to the next update and keep up the stunning work! :thumbsup:

Hey Blade im glad you gotten the hint to make it into my neck of our woods lol.... When we get together finaly I will show you how to make it right... I hope you like this next update on what i was doing for the first time ever...

Quote from: Jmouse on December 16, 2007, 10:46:52 PM
*QUOTE: "I'm doing what here and showing this why?"*
Something tells me you tried out an idea then deleted part of it to produce a teaser.
Either that or you hate Sims and hope they'll fall off the edge! :P
Guess I'll just have to wait in line to find out, though.

Until next time...
Joan

Joan my faithful follower, you are correct... I had to try something out, you know the feeling you have something you never used and been affraid to use it before until one night of creativity strikes you in the face to try it well i hope you like this results... Beside torment of sims is not my cuppa tea lol...

OK Now without further ado here is UPdate number 44 in full swinging action.....

Edmontons Pass RHW Interchange Update # 44

So with that concludes Update Number 44 Edmontons Pass RHW Interchange... Now please I want constructive critques of this interchange and what i should do to better improve this here... Any pic descriptives are welcomed here.... Thank you for stopping on in and commenting here at Waterfalls a MD by Patty lol er Pat hehee... Update 44 is now on the books!!!

Ryan B.

Looks good to me!  One way the interchange could be improved is by getting rid of one-half of the interchange.  There are two connections there; one isn't needed.

blade2k5

Wonderful update Pat...I love those intersections, nice job on them.  Can't wait to see more :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.