• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 7

Started by RustyXL, August 30, 2009, 07:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyXL

Here are my best industrial areas:

These are my best commercial areas:

2 resources were discovered in the area recently. Iron ore was discovered in Abony:

And oil was discovered in Heves:

Here are some big farms:

A central park was built in Lorinci (Tile L):

jmyers2043

Hey Rusty...

I was admiring your Tile A industrial areas. Then scrolled down and saw your giant commercial district. And said to myself "Good Golly" how did he get such an impressive downtown?! Stiff competition we have here.

Good Luck (but not too much) with the challenge

Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Really nice work you've done here :thumbsup:

Quote from: jmyers2043 on August 30, 2009, 08:01:40 PM
Hey Rusty...

I was admiring your Tile A industrial areas. Then scrolled down and saw your giant commercial district. And said to myself "Good Golly" how did he get such an impressive downtown?! Stiff competition we have here.

Good Luck (but not too much) with the challenge

Jim Myers

Couldn't agree more with the above statement   :D :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

metarvo

Nice work, Rusty!  :thumbsup:  I really like the fifth and sixth pics that show the smaller commercial area.  It looks like a realistic small city downtown.  In addition, I also like the way the houses are built in the fifth pic.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

Looks good. Good selection of BATs, nice layout. I think, strange though it may sound, my favorite part may have been that rail in your farming pic. That right of way separated from the road by a line of trees looks really realistic.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 7

Now that you have judged Challenge 6, you know how difficult judging is....;) Glad you understand now and thanks for judging. The judging of Challenge 6 is still open to everyone and will stay so for awhile to give everyone the chance to judge. Just remember, your judgements will only count as long as you have judged all Challenge 6's.
How this challenge (7) was judged can be found in the Challenge 7 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 7 also.
The pointage will follow in a short time and the judging of Challenge 8 will be after that. Then we will get a new Challenge to work on, while giving me the time to get the Challenge 9 judging done. I will have to do my own part of Challenge 8 first before I start judging yours.
Not everyone will get their judgements of Challenge 7 at the same time, so please have some patience so I can do them all, a matter of two or three days only.
Thanks.

1. I really liked your industrial Park, looks real enough to me. 4 points were added. Shame that it is on the edge of the tile though.
2. Big downtown you got there, but a little unrealistic seeing the clean and natural riverbanks and trees nearby the big Hi-Risers, something we don't really see in real life. A real downtown just doesn't cut off so quickly with buildings, but more likely tapers off to smaller buildings, maybe even soem hi tech Industrials or residentials. For a big city like this to have shown a small commercial center is not what I expected, but because it looks very good, even so small. I presume that it is the old citypart. I gave you 3 points.
3. Both resource pictures look very good, although also very simple, could have used some more details on the iron mine like dirt or rocks beside it etc. I gave you 3 points. Very good.
4. Farming is fair, way too square for me. True, that some places on this world may look like this, but generally they aren't. Farms look indeed all square from the groundlevel where we most often see them, but actually they aren't. Being in the air so often as I, you will see that farms aren't just 10x10's or so, they differ enormously from one field to another. Also you should have added at least one residential to each farm.....irl..they have houses nearby. I gave you 3 points though for the agriculture, mostly because of great efford.
5. Central Park isn't so central in your case. Well done, but it looks more like a park that belongs to the hospital. I gave you 3 points.

Nice work in general and well done, could have used some more details to make it even better. 16 points plus the ontime Bonus 1 point gives you a toatl of  17 points for this challenge.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)