• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

404 Download Error for BSC MEGA Props - DBSSYMN Vol01

Started by brj3434, September 08, 2022, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brj3434

Hello all! I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, I wasn't quite sure where to address this.
I was attempting to download the DBSSYMN Vol 1 Prop Set, but for some reason when I attempt the download I get a 404 error saying that the URL was not found on the server. It also says the file size is 0kb (I assume has to do with the missing URL). I also could not find the equivalent prop pack on simtropolis. Is there another prop pack that has these items or is there another way to access this prop pack? Thank you!

Tarkus

Quote from: brj3434 on September 08, 2022, 12:13:08 PMHello all! I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, I wasn't quite sure where to address this.
I was attempting to download the DBSSYMN Vol 1 Prop Set, but for some reason when I attempt the download I get a 404 error saying that the URL was not found on the server. It also says the file size is 0kb (I assume has to do with the missing URL). I also could not find the equivalent prop pack on simtropolis. Is there another prop pack that has these items or is there another way to access this prop pack? Thank you!
We recently repackaged many older prop packs on the site as part of the Project ZIP effort, to get rid of the much-maligned installers that many of them used.  Quite a few files (at least a couple hundred) in the first batch were bulk-FTPed, and due to some quirks in the LEX software, it renamed these new versions to the old names, which made it appear they still had installers, causing confusion among users.

I had to go in and manually rename all the files, and then edit the database to point to the new file names, though a few files here and there seem to have somehow escaped.  This appears to be one of them.  I've just gone into the database, so it should now work.  Thanks for catching it, and hope you enjoy!

-Alex