• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexter

Hi everyone, you've probably seen some of these before over in the RHW thread, but I just thought I'd share the progress I've made in the past couple of days.

TBH I haven't got a clue on how much work is involved converting these into FLUP transitions, and whether or not they will all be used, but I just thought whilst I was on a roll, I'd might as well make a full set  ;D.  With a lot of trial and error, I think I've more or less got a decent match between the model's and draggable's textures, although I can't be completely sure with the RHW ramps until version 5.0 is released.

Anyway, pictures speak louder than words...

RHW:

These are all 5 tiles long apart from the MIS ramp which is only 3.

NWM:

Maxis Networks:

On-Slope

Edit:  Added; Maxis Road, OWR-2, OWR-3, TLA-5 & RHW-6C & 8C Models

Edit 2:  Added; Maxis Ave-4, RHW-10 + a few others

If anyone has any more suggestions, feel free to post them here and I'll see what I can do  ;)

-Matt
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

ps2owner

Nicccceeeee. Although I have to say that the one you marked as MAVE-3 is actually an ARD-3 , I think.
But keep up the good work.   :thumbsup:

ivo_su

Dexter  you are my new favorite and hero. Your models  look great and if put into operation will be amazing. Really I do not know if anyone else can do better than you. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw models RHW-6S and RHW-8, but when they pulled down marker milked and looked NWM models, I swallowed my tongue. God they are divine. You should try to make such tunnels RHW-6C and 8C because they occupy only 3 tiles. I would also love to see how RHW-10 Entry underground. I hope some of the NAM team and in particular those dealing with FLUP's to have connected with you now.

Cheers Mate,
- Ivo

MandelSoft

These models look really nice  :thumbsup: I just have a few questions and suggestions:
- I guess a lot of people would like to see the RHW-6C, 8C and 10S variants of your tunnel models. As I use the RHW-6C more often lately, I would really like to have some FLUPs for that. Also, one-way RHW-4, 6S, 8S and 10S FLUPs would also be nice
- Maybe redone versions of the OWR-2, Road, RHW-2 and AVE-4 FLUPs aren't a bad idea. This would give a more uniform set of models.
- Regarding the NWM FLUPs, how about an AVE-2, OWR-3, TLA-5, NMAVE-4 AVE-6 and TLA-7 tunnel?
- I really like your streetlights at the tunnel entrances  :)
- Will there be on-slope entrances for all these variants?
- Would you also like to do an Euro version when it's there?

About converting them to FLUPs, you just have to follow my Puzzle Piece Creation Tutorial. The models themselves would be T21'd onto the puzzle piece.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

apeguy

Excellent models. :thumbsup: I agree with Maarten, making models for existing networks like road and OWR-2 is a good idea, that way if your models are used in the next NAM, users will have a full set. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Dexter

Just added models for Maxis Road, OWR-2, OWR-3, TLA-5 & RHW-6C  :)

ivo_su

Bravo, Bravo, Bravissimo Matt. Amaze  me how much faster you can do these beautiful and complex 3d models.  But I must tell you that the RHW-6C looks much better and more functional than RHW-6S. Now you just stay 8C and RHW-10

Boundless  respect
- Ivo

metarvo

These are beautiful, Matt, and there are so many of them.  I'll be sure to use them when they're available.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Dexter

@Ivo

;)

I suppose I'd better get some sleep now  :D

Jayster

Don't forget to make single versions of the RHW-4, 6S, 8, and 10.  :thumbsup:

Also, do you have on-slope versions planned?

Jayster

ivo_su

What little I could hardly sleep, although I'd like but now I'm at work and night shift. Perhaps the morning after 8:00 AM. There is already 11 and I want to express my deep condolences to all victims of terrorist attacks. Let all Americans know and remember that they are not alone in pain, suffering and struggle against terror. Let's make it that day and like it, do not repeat again. Hats down in memory of the dead!

- Ivo

figui

Quote from: Jayster on September 10, 2011, 05:58:44 PM
Don't forget to make single versions of the RHW-4, 6S, 8, and 10.  :thumbsup:
(...)

i'd second this suggestion.

great work dexter  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Mulu2065

Maybe after NWM the next edition, you should add some new NWM roads too.

jdenm8

Don't forget AVE-2 and Maxis Avenue.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Considering the current AVE-4 and MAVE-2 (Road) FLUPs are more RHD-oriented, I like the idea of redoing those "portals" so that they're RHD-LHD neutral. That just leaves one more portal: The AVE-4 portal, but clearly, the fellow NAMites have pointed that out.

Besides, the current OWR-2 FLUP's arrows were far too big. Yours fit a lot better, though for the OWR-4/5 portals, I'd consider making a second copy of them but with reversed arrows to signify that it's an exit piece.

I also can't help but notice that the shoulders on some of the RHW pieces are a bit too wide. Still a nice first batch. :thumbsup:

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 10, 2011, 03:31:12 PM
- Maybe redone versions of the OWR-2, Road, RHW-2 and AVE-4 FLUPs aren't a bad idea. This would give a more uniform set of models.
- Regarding the NWM FLUPs, how about an AVE-2, OWR-3, TLA-5, NMAVE-4 AVE-6 and TLA-7 tunnel?

1. And in light of what I said as well, I agree.
2. I don't think he has a copy of the new network textures. :P (At least not yet..)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jondor

One thing that jumps out at me is that there really isn't a need for separate TLA-3 and AVE-2 or TLA-5 and AVE-4 models since you can't turn inside a tunnel anyway.  The puzzle pieces will need to be slightly different within RUL0 to generate the proper stubs, but even then they can share the same IIDs.  I had to do that with the AVE-4/TLA-5 x Rail TuLEP.  Same IIDs for the model and exemplar, but one was checktyped for AVExRail and the other for RoadxRail.

The models themselves are looking fantastic and I look forward to seeing them in game!  :thumbsup:
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jondor on September 10, 2011, 08:37:45 PM
One thing that jumps out at me is that there really isn't a need for separate TLA-3 and AVE-2 or TLA-5 and AVE-4 models since you can't turn inside a tunnel anyway.

True, but I was thinking about the difference between a painted buffer zone and a raised concrete median, and chances are, others might think the same...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

There is a big difference. One you can drive over easily and the other causes significant damage to your suspension and the lower body of the car if you try to.

Not to mention that a surface-level median in a tunnel is sub-standard in many parts of the world.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Fresh Prince of SC4D

And the big dig project has offically become obsolete.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

jondor

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 10, 2011, 09:07:34 PM
There is a big difference. One you can drive over easily and the other causes significant damage to your suspension and the lower body of the car if you try to.

Not to mention that a surface-level median in a tunnel is sub-standard in many parts of the world.

Perhaps I should amend my statement by clarifying that the version with a raised median would be more prototypical and would generally be used by both networks in the real world to separate the traffic and provide a place for a center support on wider roads.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.