• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

I think it's been put on the back burner. The new implementation required a lot of work, and currently the Team is in the midst of a lot of RL stuff. There's also been a lot of work focused on other areas and improving stability in non-Puzzle piece FLEX networks (i.e. not FLUPs) so that menus can be cleaned up and bug fixing can be relegated to solving questions with the new standard, rather than having people not finding things in the puzzle-piece tab ring, and thinking that it's not possible in-game, even though it is, and all they had to do was try to make it normally (i.e. dragged w/o puzzle pieces).

It takes a lot of timeout to answer questions/requests regarding already existing capabilities so the goal is to completely remove the puzzle pieces from the menus to remove confusion (legacy support is always included). A lot of work (afaik) has been made towards stability, so most of it can't be seen, but it can be felt.

As a consolation there has been a lot of work done on the new FLEX-Fly standard, so you will (probably) have that to look forward to in the next release.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation