• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

You have no idea how sexy the RHW-6C ramp looks to me.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

pimmapman

How's this project getting along? Are you going to release these separately or as part of the next NAM?

MandelSoft

Only LOT-based ramps (not FLUPs) can be released without updating the NAM Controller and other NAM files.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

vinlabsc3k

Dexter, you are amazing, :thumbsup: I'm drooling and my jaws are on the floor. &apls
I've only a little request/suggestion: Can you make the width of MIS ramp the same of the other RHW?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Dexter

I have already rendered the conbined versions of the RHW ramps, but there may be a few problems with the LODs, so I have held off from rendering the single ramps at the moment.  In regards to a seperate release, I could package them up as transit switch lots, similar to the old Big Dig projects if there's enough demand for it.

@vinlabsc3k:  I take it when you say the same width you mean 5 tiles long as opposed to 3?  The reason I designed the MIS ramp to be shorter was to make it more versitile, although if many would prefer a 5 tile version instead, that shouldn't be a problem.

Best,
-Matt
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

MandelSoft

Believe me, there's enough demand for LOT-based RHW tunnels! ;)

Paul 999

Of cores there is demand for LOT-based tunnel! I use now Buddy-overpass tunnels this are also LOT-based tunnels.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1100/55441927.jpg

It will be nice if i can make here a RHW tunnel whit 2 or more lanes!  ;)

vinlabsc3k

@Dexter: Yes, It's what I meant, It's too step for an highway network.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

ivo_su

Matt, I dream to work with your models for tunnels especially  with regard to those of  wider networks. Only my humble opinion is the more appropriate would be if these models are included in the system FLUPs  like puzzle pieces, and not be  based LOT tunnels.
However,  I recommend to create a  LOT-tunnels,  the first time and not a later stage to be added to the draft FLUPs. This is what I like to share post for now.

Good luck Matt,
- Ivo

MandelSoft

^^ I think he's planning to release the LOT version of the tunnels and after that, they can be turned into FLUPs, so you can have both versions (both with their pro's and cons)

ivo_su

^^Great clarification Maarten and I thank you for the information. Can I ask you something, although not  the place here but I know that you are dealing with the Euro version of  RHW and I wondered if anyone works for Euro textures NWM?

MandelSoft

Not that I know of. Maybe some guys over at SFBT do some stuff. I may have to deal with that later when I finished the Euro RHW textures...

io_bg

Hi Matt! Has there been any progress on these lately? And should we expect the lot versions to be released anytime soon?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

^^^ Oh Ioan this is a very clever question from you and I join him. I would be interesting to know to what stage Lot's reached  at that time, how much more  work remains, and if somewhere obstacles what are they?

Greetings to Matt,
- Ivo

pspfat

Amazing!  &apls  can't wait to put that in my cities.

greets  :)
my youtube channel: youtube.com/sc4lover

Simcitler

Stunning work here!  &apls

Any chance to get a curved ramp like the 2x2 NAM curve as well?

Gugu3

Any news about your awesome work Dexter? :)

Dexter

I'm afraid to say I haven't made much progress with this as I have been busy with RL and other SC4 projects like the EURO RHW and UK stuff.

With a bit of luch, hopefully I can make more progress with these soon.

Best,
-Matt
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

ivo_su

Quote from: Dexter on November 18, 2011, 01:08:47 PM
I'm afraid to say I haven't made much progress with this as I have been busy with RL and other SC4 projects like the EURO RHW and UK stuff.

With a bit of luch, hopefully I can make more progress with these soon.

Best,
-Matt

Oh this is so sad my friend, but do not worry you have my full support. I really like that your project and I think this is one of the fundamental discoveries about Sim City  4. Of course there is nothing more important than the RL and I  pray that when you have more free time to show us some progress.You have  great talent and will be wasteful if you do not use it - a little like you have talents in our society.

Cheers mate
- Ivo

kwetzel345

GREAT looking models, really grade A. If this is also not too much to ask, as i really don't know were else i would post this, could you make a tram in road  piece that would go above it so i can connect my tram systems, and of cousre making it a connector as well, to you know, activate the flups . thanks man, i don't know who else i would write this to other than the creator, which of course is you .